Television Slow Horses (Apple TV+)

I’ve ’seen everything’ that’s been released. So hence can say it’s a good series.

But i question how you can confirm the critics consensus based on that average first episode.

Ok. Got confused. Thought you’d seen the whole lot somehow.

All I said was that the one episode was as good as the rest of it. I’ve seen positive reviews. I really liked the opener.

Just watched the S4 opener. Great stuff.
Some new, possibly interesting, characters. No idea where it’s going but enjoying being along for the ride.
Btw, Louisa Guy, (the black lady at Slough house) she’s a good candidate for the attractive women thread. I’d run over Cina’s mum to get to her.

Decent opener. Was quite obvious it wasn’t River but interested to see why whoever got some bloke to imitate his voice and appearance. And whether it’s like proper cloned fake face shit or an impersonation and his granddad’s dementia made it seem more realistic.

Decent opener. Was quite obvious it wasn’t River but interested to see why whoever got some bloke to imitate his voice and appearance. And whether it’s like proper cloned fake face shit or an impersonation and his granddad’s dementia made it seem more realistic.
I assume
it was meant to be obvious that it wasn't him and that Lamb was playing along for some reason?

Gary Oldman has to win something for his role in is, one of the best characters I've seen in a TV series.

You know him, yet know fecking nothing about him.

Gary Oldman has to win something for his role in is, one of the best characters I've seen in a TV series.

He does fart a lot

Claude Whelan this last episode :lol: . Brilliant stuff. A legendary pivot. So many truly great moments this week, one of my favourite episodes.

Your typical 5/10 show (based on season 1-2). Fine if you've got nothing better to do for a while. Yeah, Gary Oldman is great, but other than that it doesn't have much going for it.

Your typical 5/10 show (based on season 1-2). Fine if you've got nothing better to do for a while. Yeah, Gary Oldman is great, but other than that it doesn't have much going for it.
How do you rate it in comparison to, say, Face/Off?

Great finale sad about a certain characters fate but they should know by now to never say I got this

Thought it was a bit of a messy finale tbh. Weird editing, the chaotic bit outside the bar with everyone aiming guns at each other felt strange. No real resolution to Weaving’s character (did they actually end up releasing him?). Never ending bullets and stormtrooper shooting in the Slough House scene and making that guy some sort of terminator. I know it flirts with the boundaries of that sort of thing at times but it felt a bit much.

Thought it was a bit of a messy finale tbh. Weird editing, the chaotic bit outside the bar with everyone aiming guns at each other felt strange. No real resolution to Weaving’s character (did they actually end up releasing him?). Never ending bullets and stormtrooper shooting in the Slough House scene and making that guy some sort of terminator. I know it flirts with the boundaries of that sort of thing at times but it felt a bit much.

Really ropey ending. Not least for the fact that I work around Granary Square and have been up/down each one of those staircases, walked the canal and sat in that pub. Some old bloke evading 20 people there is an impossibility, however good his tradecraft.

The massive uptick in guns being fired felt like an americanisation of the show too.

I haven’t watched season 4 yet but I think it’s so overrated. Season 3 was fecking silly. Season 2 probably the best. It’s decent but nothing close to as great as people seem to think. Popcorn trash tv.

Really ropey ending. Not least for the fact that I work around Granary Square and have been up/down each one of those staircases, walked the canal and sat in that pub. Some old bloke evading 20 people there is an impossibility, however good his tradecraft.

The massive uptick in guns being fired felt like an americanisation of the show too.
Yep less is always more in this regard. Takes away from the suspense when there’s just shots everywhere. Would be way more tense if they were being silently stalked further and further up the building with the occasional shot for cover.

Yep less is always more in this regard. Takes away from the suspense when there’s just shots everywhere. Would be way more tense if they were being silently stalked further and further up the building with the occasional shot for cover.

Aye. Didn’t really see this show going down the pew-pew unlimited bullets route.

In the office you had someone searching for bullets. While two other people fired shot after shot. It felt like the kinda show that would show reloading at the very least.

They’re slow horses, but retreating to a bolt-hole and saving ammunition is what American toddlers are taught. That trained agents didn’t felt daft. Especially in a building that they knew.

Also, the grenade was utterly ridiculous. Not as a plot device, but the idea that a 70 year old bloke managed to dip out at pace whilst amongst a gaggle of highly trained agents. They’re not going to just scatter. They’d scatter after the bloke that’s just IED’d someone.

A good series otherwise. Need to turn the volume down on some of the silly though.

Noice. I'm purposely watching S5 slow (no pun intended) bc I know it's only a few episodes and the wait for s6 will probably be another while again.
Season 4 is the current one you’re watching. Season 5 looks like it’s been filmed but not out yet of course. I know someone who storyboarded for it so spoiler alert: one scene takes place in a car :eek:

Season 4 is the current one you’re watching. Season 5 looks like it’s been filmed but not out yet of course. I know someone who storyboarded for it so spoiler alert: one scene takes place in a car :eek:
Ohh duh. Well that's good then. Didn't know they filmed 5 already too.

And wow man hide that spoiler. That's some insider scoop. The kinda knowledge that gets people killed.

I'm nearing the end of the S3 and I love it. I deliberately leave it for the evening as I love to finish the day that way. someone said earlier in the thread that this is a slow burner type of show, I disagree. it's just entertaining us with different methods than the ones some are used to. it's certainly never boring, characters have enough charm and Gary Oldman in particular owns the main role from the first second.

personally, I think this is going to remain fairly underappreciated regardless.

Aye. Didn’t really see this show going down the pew-pew unlimited bullets route.

In the office you had someone searching for bullets. While two other people fired shot after shot. It felt like the kinda show that would show reloading at the very least.

They’re slow horses, but retreating to a bolt-hole and saving ammunition is what American toddlers are taught. That trained agents didn’t felt daft. Especially in a building that they knew.

Also, the grenade was utterly ridiculous. Not as a plot device, but the idea that a 70 year old bloke managed to dip out at pace whilst amongst a gaggle of highly trained agents. They’re not going to just scatter. They’d scatter after the bloke that’s just IED’d someone.

A good series otherwise. Need to turn the volume down on some of the silly though.

A bit ageist, for one thing that 70 year old who is not 70 would be far more trained than any of those agents and a lot more intelligent

As for the guns Patrice had a Glock and Marcus a Beretta considering their occupations id assume they started with at least 30 rounds

Last edited:

Good post. He makes the show.

Those moments really take me out of it. I don't think a fart joke has ever landed for me on TV.
agreed. even if i accidentally fart whilst watching a show i have to turn it off.

it’s a decent watch and only a small number of episodes in a season, so not like you have to invest a load of time in it. every thing you watch doesn’t have to be groundbreaking chinema. writing is decent enough and oldman elevates it. easily worth a watch.

it’s a decent watch and only a small number of episodes in a season, so not like you have to invest a load of time in it. every thing you watch doesn’t have to be groundbreaking chinema. writing is decent enough and oldman elevates it. easily worth a watch.

Plus Kristin Scott Thomas is still sexy as hell.

I heard next season Jackson Lamb will fart in every scene
what i find interesting is how everyone mentions his general smell from miles away, yet he’s able to sneak up on people.