Sir Alex Ferguson's ambassadorial contract has been axed

Like I said earlier, I think you just need to calm down. Sir Alex was paid millions during his time at Utd, and thats excluding bonus'. He got paid £2M a year for an ambassador role since retirement a long with a £1.2M role on the board. He is remembered with a stand and statue.
We are dining off his success, him elevating the club, which part of that do you not get?

And stop telling me to calm down… I’m not agitated, but I do find some of these responses incredulous and I think they come from posters who don’t comprehend the difference between pre and post Ferguson United. They have to for their nonchalance and indifference.

It looks unsavoury, and it does very little to promote the idea that INEOS are setting the house in order. Having said, we've had several "not-so-dignified" moments over the years that have gone under the radar. Showing a bit of class now and then can go a long way...

We are dining off his success, him elevating the club, which part of that do you not get?

And stop telling me to calm down… I’m not agitated, but I do find some of these responses incredulous and I think they come from posters who don’t comprehend the difference between pre and post Ferguson United. They have to for their nonchalance and indifference.

He said "no value in the market" once. So many fans seem willing to write off his legacy because of that when outspending Chelsea and later City became more important to a sizable chunk of our fan base than winning trophies.

Our/his record in the league in his last 7 years was absolutely astonishing, yet...grumble, grumble something about Ronaldo money, grumble grumble no value in market grumble, etc

It looks unsavoury, and it does very little to promote the idea that INEOS are setting the house in order. Having said, we've had several "not-so-dignified" moments over the years that have gone under the radar. Showing a bit of class now and then can go a long way...

How so?

It's not like he's being booted out of the club. He still has a role, he still gets paid, he's still very much loved, but we're no longer paying him a fecking fortune. I think Fergie would be the first to agree that it's a sensible decision considering the other steps we're taking to cut losses (which is much needed)

I don't think it's huge deal. He's probably still staying on in similar capacity. He probably feels bad that he's taking £2m a year end they're making so many cuts to and working conditions of low paid staff. He'll care about stuff like that

As long as it was done amicably/the right way, there’s no issue here. If it’s about the money for SAF, he can walk into another highly paid job with a phone call tomorrow. It’s interesting though, the Glazers definitely benefitted multiple times over from SAF’s genius, where Ineos sort of almost had to pay above market value for an asset because of his genius.

Great to see some people taking this well.......

He's 83 at the end of December ffs. It's time enough for him to step aside from this role (which was more of a thank you from the Glazers) IMO. Timing is probably convenient for both sides.

He's staying on as a director too. You'd swear INEOS was booting him out of the club altogether
Having told he won’t be getting his £ 300 heating allowance this latest income reduction must leave him very worried about how he will get through the winter unscathed

If it was time for him to step away from his ambassadorial role then it must surely follow that it’s time for him to step away from being a director

Of course this is a cost cutting measure any to be fair it probably was a mistake keeping him on the payroll post him vacating the managers post. Two million £ a year is staggering

Just means he’s not legally obliged to talk to Brailsford at the match any more, which has to be a net win.

Feels pretty awful for Ferguson to not have been able to own the narrative. Him not doing so smacks of disquiet or incompetence.

Not my place to speak for the fella, but knowing his politics, you’d have though that the best way for club and Ferguson would have been;

“I have engaged with the new part-owners and decided that while job cuts are rolled out across the club, it is no longer appropriate for me to take my current salary. I have agreed a reduction accordingly. No further comment will be made by myself or the club on this matter”

Personally, I think £2m a year is outrageous. I also believe that cutting it this way is beyond stupid. Especially while the Tory Cnut is in Barcelona with his little boat, not focused on the club at all. He’s such a prick.

He made the club billions and raised our profile to a level we’re doing everything in our power to destroy; £2m a year for the amount contributed is actually too little.

Amicable or not, this is a controversial action as the club is forever indebted to the man, and evidently, can do nothing of substance without him or his immense contribution.

This is like Nike without Jordan; that man will forever benefit from his contribution as should Ferguson.

It's not like he did it for free. Was handsomely paid whilst actually working plus at least another £20 million retirement package.

We're all massively grateful but there has to be a financial end point.

Personally, I think £2m a year is outrageous. I also believe that cutting it this way is beyond stupid. Especially while the Tory Cnut is in Barcelona with his little boat, not focused on the club at all. He’s such a prick.

I don't expect him to be focused on the club. I don't need him to be focused on the club. He's not a manager, he's not a football executive. He hired people who are supposed to be experts in such matter to run things.

Feels pretty awful for Ferguson to not have been able to own the narrative. Him not doing so smacks of disquiet or incompetence.

Not my place to speak for the fella, but knowing his politics, you’d have though that the best way for club and Ferguson would have been;

“I have engaged with the new part-owners and decided that while job cuts are rolled out across the club, it is no longer appropriate for me to take my current salary. I have agreed a reduction accordingly. No further comment will be made by myself or the club on this matter”

This is a fecking bonkers take, imo, considering the fact that until this morning pretty much none of us were actually aware Fergie was being paid £2mill a year for being Fergie.
His overall club role stays the same, and he's being compensated as normal

I think you are doing Sir Alex a disjustice, thinking its all about money for him.

I also think he is sensible enough to realise in the current climate paying him £200k a day (yes £2M for 20 days work) isn't needed.

A business decision, made by business people. Objectively the right one but it all seems a bit pointless and preformative.

As long as the money saved goes towards buying players it's fine, I can't help but feel a bit uncomfortable about it though. Ferguson is the reason this club still has the clout it has despite the last decade of clownery.

I have no problem him going , joint agreement, he is 82 let him rest , he does not need the money.He will still be at games.
Don’t see some of you are getting so uptight about it

Especially considering they had no clue whatsoever the arrangement was in place until they learned of it today.

More than lined his. What kind of maths are you running here - a man turns us into a multi-billion pound institution and a licence to print money and live off his success and you think the recompense is in some way commensurate? What he was being paid is a moderate clip for what he’s given us.

Do you think I’m typing in agitation or something? The cold, hard facts are that the money this club now has comes from his fountain of success. It’s about the only thing that should be sacrosanct. The arguments against that are nonsense.

Because he’s going to be undignified enough to kick up a fuss? The moment that is put in front of him is the moment the blue touch paper is lit.
I’m sure SAF at his age is more than happy to step away a little bit. I think you’re overthinking it a bit too much

He said "no value in the market" once. So many fans seem willing to write off his legacy because of that when outspending Chelsea and later City became more important to a sizable chunk of our fan base than winning trophies.

Our/his record in the league in his last 7 years was absolutely astonishing, yet...grumble, grumble something about Ronaldo money, grumble grumble no value in market grumble, etc

Literally no one at all is writing off his legacy or talking about his "value in the market" comments. What on earth are you talking about here?

I'd imagine SAF would feel strange still getting 1m a year for very little whilst all this staff are made redundant.

This is a fecking bonkers take, imo, considering the fact that until this morning pretty much none of us were actually aware Fergie was being paid £2mill a year for being Fergie.
His overall club role stays the same, and he's being compensated as normal

Ironic that you accuse someone of a bonkers take with a post that concludes with a sentence that is completely fictional.

Not a single person writes off Sir Alex's legacy. What the feck are you talking about..

Probably happy to step aside considering he’s 83 in December.

Did anyone feel like a clickbaiting bastard and title the thread ‘UNITED SACK THE BOSS’? :lol:

Ironic that you accuse someone of a bonkers take with a post that concludes with a sentence that is completely fictional.
"His overall club role stays the same, and he's being compensated as normal" isn't fictional. He still remains on the board which in 22/23 came with a £1.2M compensation payment.