Sir Alex Ferguson's ambassadorial contract has been axed

It seems for all their virtue, struggling in and around the seventh to ninth tiers of the league pyramid is all FC do.

I'm sorry, but the row did little to United. It also did not 'lead to the Glazers'.

It's a salve for those with an axe to grind with Ferguson. Misinformed ABU's, too. Seeing it regurgitated on a United forum is challenging, to say the least.

You may as well blame Nottingham Forest knocking us of the 1989 FA Cup quarter for the Glazers. But, and this is the odd bit, you'd just be making excuses for them still.

Yes, they did some planning and sounded out managers who were ultimately unavailable.

I maintain Ferguson really wanted to retire in 2012, but city pipped him to the title and he wanted another go before the finale.
I believe he was seriously considering it but I think he wanted another crack at the CL so I think he would've stayed on another year regardless.

I was talking to a friend today. He isn't from the UK but travels 2-3 times a season to England to watch his favourite club. Or former favourite club... He's over 50, supports the club for at least 40 years and now he seems to be giving up. He was incredibly upset, told me that he simply cannot support a club which treats its legend so awfully, so he literally threw his favourite United shirt in the trash and claimed that he won't watch United never again. He is hugely disappointed with INEOS, he thinks they are just as bad as the Glazers, only money matters and that's it. I didn't agree with him on everything now he does not talk to me at all. Weird.