Zimbru Stadium

Kick-off
Thu, 15 September 2022 @ 5:45pm BST
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Only a few months ago I would have selected my Gran over McT, and here we are now in the situation where I’m not sure Casemiro will be selected over him.

Casemiro needs to play to get him up to match speed, bench him for this, with the international toss coming up, and we are looking at nearly 2 months into his Utd career and only started 1 game.

Same team that played against Arsenal but with Ronaldo in for Rashford. We don’t have a game at the weekend and it’s our final game before the international break. Plus it’s a must win game now after both the defeat to Real Sociedad and also in terms of qualifying as group winners so we can get a bye in the next round.

DDG

Dalot Varane Martinez Malacia

McTominay Eriksen

Antony B.Fernandes Sancho

Ronaldo​

subs: Heaton, Lindelof, Maguire, Casemiro, Fred, Iqbal, Garnacho, Elanga, McNeill

Sheriff Tiraspol 0-3 Manchester United

De Gea
    Dalot - Varane - Martinez - Malacia
    Casemiro
    Bruno - Eriksen
    Antony - Ronaldo - Sancho

0-2 United.

Absolutely no reason to not go full strength tonight. We dont play again until the second of October!

Given the PL fixture postponements I think he’ll go pretty much full strength based on availability and the face we need a win after losing the first game.

DDG

Dalot
    Varane
    Martinez
    Malacia

Casemiro
    Eriksen
    Bruno

Antony
    Ronaldo
    Sancho

I think Shaw and McT could very well come off the bench, and I’m hoping we’re in a favourable position with 60-70 minutes gone to give Iqbal and Garnacho meaningful appearances.

If we start with Maguire I think we lose. Hopefully he goes with our strongest side besides Rashford. It’s about time Ronaldo shows up, so as long as we give him service I’m confident he will score.

I will go with a 1-3 win if we have the best team, if not I’m fancying them possibly causing another big upset with a 2-1 win.

Start Casemiro. We all know about McTominay’s form but Casemiro needs to be integrated into the starting XI.

Did anyone watch their game last year when they beat Madrid? I assume they are going to sit back and try and hit us on the counter.

I agree that we need to field a strong starting 11 but I'd still give Dubravka a first team appearance in this one. Won't get a more opportune moment than this one, if we are really looking into a competitor for De Gea.
    Agree about needing to give a reserve keeper game time - look at the mess we got into by giving Henderson exactly tap bugger all last season

Which tabloid will be the first to crowbar in a headline about sheriffs (and marshals and law enforcement and outlaws) if they beat us? Or even if they don't!

Full strength needed. Maguire will get minutes for England anyway so no need to start him.

This will be a tricky game for this side. We'll see how much our attack has improved and learnt, because it's going to be the sort of match we've seen this team struggle in so many times.

Love the early kick offs, gives us more time to trash talk the team afterwards.

I'll start already. How does an MBE not know the difference between "their" and "there"? This is a disgrace to the memory of the great Queen.

Not chance he writes these himself..

Of course. To be fair, he did stay fit for a few days, he was due.
    Pre-Season Martial is great, the other one is a bit well never there.

I'll start already. How does an MBE not know the difference between "their" and "there"? This is a disgrace to the memory of the great Queen.

:lol:

Guess he was more concerned with the school lunches than grammar.

Not chance he writes these himself..

Pre-Season Martial is great, the other one is a bit well never there.
    They use spelling/grammatical errors to make it look like the player himself wrote it. It won't have been written by him.

Use the same team that won us the PL games, no messing around at this point after losing the first game and with all the cancellations. These guys ain't bad so we have to make sure we get the job done.

Casemeiro and Ronaldo et al can use the time off the run the bollix out of themselves in training to try to get up to speed.

They need games to get up to match speed, they can run all they want in training but to get match sharpness you need games. Casemiro has been here long enough now to start a game.It isn't dropping McT per se, it's using your squad.Mc T has done enough of late to hold his position for next league game

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

6.3 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 192 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Sheriff Tiraspol win
  • Draw