Film Sex scenes: what's your stance?

Thread title should be: Sex - What's your stance?

GMn2MfFWAAAgMty

Godfather one.
Dinner with Andre.
Laurence of Arabia.
The list goes on.

The greatest movies, 12 Angry Men (Paths of Glory), another example, do not have any sex scenes.

There is a sex scene involving Sonny during the wedding party at the beginning of the film. No nudity but it's still a sex scene.

Lawrence of Arabia has an implied rape scene in the Turkish prison as well, so it's not all puritanical cinema as you infer.

There is a sex scene involving Sonny during the wedding party at the beginning of the film. No nudity but it's still a sex scene.

Lawrence of Arabia has an implied rape scene in the Turkish prison as well, so it's not all puritanical cinema as you infer.
Yeah I'll accept the revision. It's just something I've noticed. Maybe the Hayes code, and its legacy, in American (and British, to an American audience) cinema influenced a large portion of cinematic output even after the death of its de jure enforcement. To be wholesome was, and still is, "good business" sense in demography.

Yeah I'll accept the revision. It's just something I've noticed. Maybe the Hayes code, and its legacy, in American (and British, to an American audience) cinema influenced a large portion of cinematic output even after the death of its de jure enforcement. To be wholesome was, and still is, "good business" sense in demography.

There may be something to that.
I seem to remember that even the blood splatter when Michael shoots Sollozzo and McCluskey was a big deal at the time.

One trend I've noticed with some of the newer tv series I've watched (The Boys, Gen V, Fallout, A Man In Full) is that there will be sex scenes containing male nudity whereas the woman is basically fully clothed throughout the scene. I wonder if this is partly because actresses now have more of a say during the filming of those specific scenes in terms how much of their body they choose to expose. Obviously the same goes for male actors but I'm assuming they're probably less bothered about having their arse on screen for a few seconds :lol: us men haven't been sexualised in the media to the same level as women have over the past few decades, so I guess a shift towards this newer trend is understandable.