Serie A and Italian football 2015/2016

73 points out of last 75 is remarkable consistency irrespective of the league strength. Well done to Allegri and Juventus.

Allegri is going to be one of those legendary Juventus managers isn't he. Like Trapattoni and Lippi, just you watch.

He was linked with Madrid quite a bit when Benetiz was fired. Juve are long overdue a CL so hopefully they can get one before Buffon retires.

On the Totti to Leicester rumours, I remember he and Ranieri didn't get on well. That is a long time ago though to be fair. Just a side note, I don't think there's another player in the game who everyone (bar Lazio fans) enjoys seeing scoring. It will be sad when the last few remnants of the old football Italia legends leave.

Allegri is going to be one of those legendary Juventus managers isn't he. Like Trapattoni and Lippi, just you watch.

He was linked with Madrid quite a bit when Benetiz was fired. Juve are long overdue a CL so hopefully they can get one before Buffon retires.

On the Totti to Leicester rumours, I remember he and Ranieri didn't get on well. That is a long time ago though to be fair. Just a side note, I don't think there's another player in the game who everyone (bar Lazio fans) enjoys seeing scoring. It will be sad when the last few remnants of the old football Italia legends leave.

They won't, unfortunately. Last season was their best chance.

Pirlo, Tévez and Vidal were massive losses. They've done well to adapt without them after a slow start though.

Dybala still has to adjust to Champions League football and I think after this season, Pogba has nothing left to prove at Juventus. He's stepped up in the absence of those three influential players and is the main reason for their current form in 2016.

Kevin Strootman completed 90 minutes in Roma's victory against Genoa today.

inb4 Van Gaal signs him, then stays. Strootman starts excellently but not with ffffiiiloossoffy and then he gets injured for 2 years.

Dybala was absolutely spectacular in this match. It was against a 10 man Sampdoria but he really does seem to be a special player. Unfortunately, it seems like he is destined to end up at Barcelona eventually.

Roma and Napoli battle in parallel matches for the RU, the winner will have secured CL group stage, the other have to enter the play offs. Roma are up 1-0 after half an hour, Napoli 0:0. Contrary to my first attempt to understand, these results would see Napoli as RU thanks to a slightly better goal difference.

Napoli are ahead now. They play at home against a poor team who had a player sent off in the 13th minute. That game is done and dusted.

Meanwhile, Sassuolo lead 3-1 against Inter securing 6th place. That means Milan won't be in Europe again, unless they win the Coppa Italia final against Juventus.

Good to see Strootman get an assist though the defending was pathetic.

Higuain equals the record! Half an hour to break it. Incredible season he's after having.

Amazing goal to break the record from Higuain. A hat trick to break the record and overhead as the final goal. Incredible.

And he does. He has as many goals as the next two in the top scorer list. Quite incredible.

He might do this all season but he'll bottle it at the Copa yet again (if selected)

Its weird with higuain, I remember him being a big match player when he was younger and at madrid. Seems to have developed this habit of bottling quite recently or maybe I didnt watch him a lot then.

Anyone watching the final? Been a good game since I started watching. Possibly another shootout

Did SkySports really just cut the game off at the final whistle like that? WTF?!

I wanted to watch the celebrations you cnuts. Can't believe they did that.

Terrible performance. Without Bonucci, Khedira and Marchisio we lacked a lot of quality on the ball. We desperately need a 4th quality midfielder. Khedira misses every other game, Marchisio has a longterm injury. Asamoah is done. Hernanes is crap. Lemina is too green. That's not enough to aim for the very top of European football. Fortunately, Milan are not a good side and it was enough tonight to become the first Italian team to repeat the double.

Sassuolo for Europe. :drool:
Think i need to follow them next season. They've already made a few interesting signings for next season like Duncan and Sensi. Hope they can keep their key players but it might be difficult. Thinking of Berardi, Vrsaljko, Acerbi etc.