Sergio Reguilón | 2023/24 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still early days, but you can't fault his effort or performances. He really stands out, especially with the way we are currently playing. Almost certain now that we won't be terminating his load early.

What a running machine. He run past Rashford going forward and backwards, he always follow his man, loves when he ran to the right side made a perfect tackle and run back to the left. 2 games and 2 times best man on the pitch.

If he continues this way, you just know that Levy will ask for 50m and probably get it from the morons we have in charge.

Looks exciting going forward, rubbish defensively.
I actually don't think he's that bad defensively. The wide forwards he's come up against position themselves between him and the LCB (Martinez) and its nearly impossible for a LB to defend against that. But one on one, he's not doing any worse than what I saw regularly from Shaw or Malacia and he's been better than Dalot at everything in these first 2 games he's played.

He can replace Rashford on the left for me.
I was actually just thinking people have generally kept their heads after last night and not gone insane like they did after Brighton.

Then this post appeared.

I was actually just thinking people have generally kept their heads after last night and not gone insane like they did after Brighton.

Then this post appeared.
I was there last night - Rashford was very poor, couldn't even outrun Leon Goretzka. Reguilon going forward on the left offered far more of a threat, created and had some of our best chances. When things like that happen, things like what I posted will get posted.

A bit worrying that he looks our freshest and fittest player , was not been with Utd for preseason an advantage? But early days yet to have any definite judgment on him.

He's good attacking wise but he left acres of space on the left. In the 2nd half especially, Bayern had a clear route to goal on the left because he was missing.

I like him. There’s something in a full back getting to the oppo byline and putting in a cross again and again. Refreshing to see.

Good going forward, one of our better attackers for sure. At least 2 or 3 very good balls across the box to the back post where someone should be scoring

Nothing crazy but very refreshing to see and obviously distinctly different from what we're used to.

He’s actually pretty good ain’t he? Comfortable with the ball, not afraid to make runs and not afraid to put himself about. He also plays with his heart on his sleeve like he’s a point to prove. Might be worth keeping him in the team. Could’ve had 2 assists if we had someone on the end of those cutbacks.

How I wish he was a rb would have been perfect to play alongside Antony.

Nothing crazy but very refreshing to see and obviously distinctly different from what we're used to.

Can't fault his commitment and definitely offers a lot going forward. He's not a very good one on one defender though, and I worry how exposed that'll leave him with Rashford as his covering winger. I don't think we appreciate how much Shaw's quality allows Rashford to just concentrate on attacking.

See how well he has contributed to the attack and his general energy levels now imagine if United signed Frimpong. I said this during the summer window and still maintain that the club should have addressed the right side of the attack. If United signed Frimpong and another winger (Marcus Edwards / Olise) ahead of Antony this teams performance levels would have raised significantly because it gives something that really only Rashford offers despite his bad form and that's threat. This team is underperforming in some regards but it doesn't need major surgery to remain competitive on all fronts.

If United get Frimpong, and a right winger maybe even next season you can quote this passage and see how dynamic the team would be in possession. It accredits more space to the midfield as the opposition have to put out fires before the games even started tactically. One of the biggest mistake this summer was not signing a right back. Reguilon should realistically stay here beyond the winter market, it's not so much his individual quality but what the team lacks that emphasizes his quality.

Reactions: Cheimoon
I don't how any of player look at Reguilon and not be ashamed of themselves.
You don't need good manager to tell players that they should run their ass off to win games.

As I have said technically as a RB there isn’t much better, but tactiallly defensively he is poor. There is a reason why Madrid didn’t buy him back and a reason he’s out on loan.

He'll be dragged down soon enough. It's as sure as death and taxes. Good on him for his first few games though.

He is way better than Malacia for me. Not ponderous in possession and equally tenacious, at least based on his first couple of games.

Then this post appeared.
We all expected to get beat of Bayern to be fair. The fact it was only by 1 goal is a bonus. Where as Brighton battered us.

Never thought Chips Ahoy from the cheese room is actually this good.

He ain’t going back in Jan is he……wouldn’t be surprised to see him sign permanently.

Think he played really well against Bayern, look forward to see what he can do at the weekend!

He ain’t going back in Jan is he……wouldn’t be surprised to see him sign permanently.

Think he played really well against Bayern, look forward to see what he can do at the weekend!
Considering how well he is doing, Spurs would absolutely rinse us for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.