Sergio Reguilón | 2023/24 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weird how a loan signing looks the fittest player at the club.

Well... I really like him on the left for us. Links up really well. Goes forward brilliantly. Presses well and plays with great determination and energy.

Links up well and fights hard. Good loan deal so far.

I give it a month before we've beaten all this enthusiasm out of him.

He looks like the fittest player in our squad. Which is worrying
This is the sort of thing that makes me wonder what sort of ‘supplements’ our players are on compared to other teams. I wouldn’t go so far as to accuse every other team of doping, but there’s a big grey area with things like TUEs that some clubs are obviously exploiting - especially during pre-season.

Clearly we’re not doing everything we could be doing when our players just don’t look anywhere near as fit as our rivals, and a player like Reguilon will come in and look so much better, only to decline once they start training with us.

He's playing out of his skin for that five year, £200k PW contract, after which he will revert to absolute toilet.

Genuinely, I am surprised by how good Reguilon has been. Yes, Sane got him a few times. Sane's a top player. It's going to happen. Early days but I am thinking he's not looking out of place. Could end Malacia.

Stand out player, determined energetic and fast. not sure hes got the final ball as runs with his head down.. still motm for me on sheer effort.

The fact this guy has come in on loan without not much game time behind him in a good long while and is showing up our seniors and regulars should absolutely embarass them

This is what happens at United. A new player comes in. Looks good. Then have all their good attributes "coached" out of them.

This is what happens at United. A new player comes in. Looks good. Then have all their good attributes "coached" out of them.

Yep.
I've seen this time and time again.
I also notice that the fitness level gradually declines until that player is as unfit as the rest of the players, who look exhausted every match and run less than the opponent.

He is in with a point to prove. Wants to prove he deserves to be here full time. Brilliant attitude. Has played better than in first couple games considering the results.

maybe it’s a sign we should play other young lads with points to prove will show more effort and enthusiasm than the seniors.

I love his energy and directness. We're not used to seeing it from United full backs. Shaw is a very good player for the most part but he does lack that at times.

Imagine that, player not being as shit as Caf was moaning about before he even played his first game, hmm. I see a pattern here.

Spurs' emergency backup LB has been our best player the last two games what a sad state of affairs.

Imagine that, player not being as shit as Caf was moaning about before he even played his first game, hmm. I see a pattern here.

Happens time and time again. Luckily this time we actually got him. And I’m not saying he’ll be a world beater but definitely a serviceable squad option and maybe even better

Happens time and time again. Luckily this time we actually got him. And I’m not saying he’ll be a world beater but definitely a serviceable squad option and maybe even better
Of course, not saying that either, but you would think we are signing some Conference league player judging by all the moaning, and most of that moaning is only because "he is not playing for Spurs first team so he must be shit" logic. Like we didn't have tons of cases where a player improves a ton when he changes his surroundings.

Motm by some distance.
If he could just get his head up more when at the byline he’d be extremely good.
Not feeling so bad about shaw being out for a while if he keeps this up.

So next time, sign a player that has no future in his current club and one that doesnt seem to get affected by the clusterfecks at United.

So next time, sign a player that has no future in his current club and one that doesnt seem to get affected by the clusterfecks at United.
Wasn't it the same approach for Weghorst and Sabitzer loan? I guess third time's the charm is real.

Anyways, thinking back, I can't understand how back in the day we can sway from Reguillon to Telles. Two player from very different profile, unless you're talking about vague description like attacking minded left back with suspect defensive game. The recruiting at this club is impulsive as it gets.

How is it the one player who looks like they give a shit is a former spurs player?
Perhaps going through Real Madrid youth set up and played for them some games set the standard for effort. Perhaps, getting booed is not a bad thing?

How is it the one player who looks like they give a shit is a former spurs player?

Current Spurs player no less. We will probably end up paying £40m for him in January and putting him on £200k a week.

Interesting decision to make actually if he keeps this up. It's a short term loan for all purposes... but if he actually plays brilliantly and has a great understanding with Rashford on the left, it wouldn't make sense to send him away. Malacia is good and all but reguillon could prove to be a better option and someone to target fully.

Wasn't it the same approach for Weghorst and Sabitzer loan? I guess third time's the charm is real.

Anyways, thinking back, I can't understand how back in the day we can sway from Reguillon to Telles. Two player from very different profile, unless you're talking about vague description like attacking minded left back with suspect defensive game. The recruiting at this club is impulsive as it gets.
I guess we need to add one more criteria: must be an ex spurs. Reguillon to Telles was a brainless move, maybe the club thought we had Shaw anyway. We have had some shocking squad players even when it was one of the strongest points of the club during Fergie where multiple players could fill several positions and performed well.

Let's calm down here. We saw this with Onana, over excitement after a game or 2.

He's been decent going forward. He has been in a back 4 that's conceded 7 in 2. Not blaming him just stating a fact. Let's see how his in a few months.

Let's calm down here. We saw this with Onana, over excitement after a game or 2.

He's been decent going forward. He has been in a back 4 that's conceded 7 in 2. Not blaming him just stating a fact. Let's see how his in a few months.
Tell me you haven’t watched him play for us without saying you haven’t watched him play for us. He’s been our best player.

Another left back playing well is what makes Shaw turn into the best LB in the country again. Long May this continue

I'm so puzzled by Reguilon. Every time I've seen him play for Spurs I thought this guy looks dreadful and a complete liability. Now here he is genuinly one of the better performers in our team. Is this a case of me criminally underrating his time at Spurs? Why does he look like the most motivated player on the field, is he playing for his future contract like Adebayor used to? I can't make heads or tails of it.

Well the player I saw at Madrid and Sevilla was a young player with a lot of potential. There's a good reason Madrid insisted on a buy back clause. I didn't watch him at Tottenham so I don't know what went wrong. If he keeps this up we'll keep because he's naturally more gifted than Malacia.

He’s good going forward but Sane had a field day on that side. I don’t know what the plan for the left side of the defense is with Rashford, Reguilon and Eriksen all further up the pitch and not tracking back.

I’ll be pissed if Shaw comes straight back in when fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.