Sergio Reguilón | 2023/24 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting statement. In what situation could Rashfords selfishness rob him of an "assist"?
There was at least 1 overlap where Reguilon would have had a simple pull back and “could” have had an assist.
On another point mentioned by others, he was exposed on the first goal because our ‘talisman’ and one of our top earners couldn’t be arsed pressing or tackling anyone, I’m sure everyone has seen the video of it by now. Hard to blame him for the goal when he had a wave of blue shirts coming at him.

Its extremely odd. If anything Spurs fans should be happy if this loan can revitalize Reguilon.

Yeah, beats endless loans to poverty clubs in Spain.

He wasn't even bad for Spurs, just got injured a lot and was too gung-ho for Conte. We also have three other LBs and needed non-HG players out so it made sense. If he does well then everyone benefits.

Reguilon could work our nicely as a wingback in a 3 CB set up. He's not much of a defender, but he does have a bit in him with the ball at his feet.

Reguilon could work our nicely as a wingback in a 3 CB set up. He's not much of a defender, but he does have a bit in him with the ball at his feet.
Reguilon would work well in a back 3 system. A system which Ten Hag is unlikely to ever use.

I thought he played really well. Had a bit of bite about him and a lot of energy. Looked to be eager to prove a point. I think it’s harsh saying he was culpable for the goal, considering how exposed he was by those in front of him. No defender could’ve really done much about that situation.

In my opinion, he was the best United player on the pitch. However, that’s not saying much.

Pretty positive display again. Gives his all and seems to be relishing it.

I give it a month before we've beaten all this enthusiasm out of him.

He looks like the fittest player in our squad. Which is worrying

Is this all because Spurs have the best training ground in the country, and Carrington is the equivalent of a community sports hall?

Am I misremembering, or didn't he have a decent start at Spurs too?

For an emergency loan, he hasn't been bad but I think he's ultimately rubbish despite the efforts.

He looks like our best player. A Spurs reject.
Spurs 4th choice lb, a player they were ok to give to us and didn't care if we cut it short in January :lol:

He's been good for the first two games and playing like he wants to make the move permanent

He’s a good athlete and gets up and down well. Something we’ve missed massively.

Worked hard, looked threatening in the final third, did okay defensively. I like him. Works hard, wants the ball, and looks like he's trying.

If we had the right shape, I'd consider playing him as more of a left winger (once Shaw is back behind him).

Malacia is in big trouble based on what we are seeing so far. Shaw better bring his A game.

Looks like a player that was given an expected lifeline in his career. He was going nowhere fast but he's putting in a good shift so far.

Reguilon has been our best player for 2 games on the bounce. He had no support at all from Rashford. He is aggressive, can read the game well and cut out attacks. Going forward he is rapid and has fantastic distribution.

He's a level above Dalot and Wan Bisakka on the other wing.

We got lucky with this loan

His tenacity and willingness to make runs is incredibly useful. He may not get a lot of goals or assists, but the overlapping runs and his speed and agility will make him a constant danger and open up space for our other players. Excellent loan deal so far.

A man who was limited to 300 minutes of football last season due to being ravaged by injuries looks sharper than our entire squad

I give it a month before we've beaten all this enthusiasm out of him.

He looks like the fittest player in our squad. Which is worrying
Right? Our pre-season was obviously shambolic with all the travelling and lack of tactical familiarity. And then we get all these injuries at the start of the season. Absolutely dreadful.

My only concern is that we look weaker defensively as a unit, but I haven't bothered to analyse if he's a reason why.

His tenacity and willingness to make runs is incredibly useful. He may not get a lot of goals or assists, but the overlapping runs and his speed and agility will make him a constant danger and open up space for our other players. Excellent loan deal so far.
Great summary, I would also add that he may not be great defensively but having pace and good recovery while applying pressure is sometimes all you need as a wingback.

You can tell he's not good defensively, but he's bright enough in attack that he adds something to the team.

Thats exactly what we said about Malacia when he started. Once the runs slow down we'll soon turn on him.

We need Shaw back before then.

Nice footballer, good energy and pace, a bit weak in the tackle.

Status
Not open for further replies.