Semi-finals | Spain vs France | Netherlands vs England

This is Southgate’s weakness. Doesn’t react mid match when the opposition changes the game. Frustrating error there from Rice though when England finally had a chance to hit swiftly off a Dutch error.

Wout may have lost his goal scoring boots since leaving Wolfsburg but what a motivating lad to have on a team at the same time. Man is a lunatic in a mostly good way.

After the best first half in the tournament for England. What was his half time team talk? A sedative?

We’re looking leggy we’ve been running about for 70mins on a dreadful pitch. The Dutch are just reserving their energy.

Both semi finals follow the same patter: exciting first 30 minutes then a borefest for the rest of the match. When was the last good Euro tournament? The first Euro I saw was 2004 Portugal and there is not a single memorable match at the level of Italy-Germany, Germany-Argentina, Italy-France 2006 Uruguay-Ghana 2010 or Argentina-France 2022.

England were absolutely dominating first half and have lost that control and stranglehold. Kane needs to come off urgently, he’s just cluttering up the midfield. I’d also bring on Palmer for Saka. Bellingham should probably come off but that’s unlikely.

England doing this second half what the Dutch were doing in the first: letting the other team play. Such a mind-boggling game. A game of which manager can out shit the other tactically.

Bellingham finally did something... got a YC. But at least it was something.

I don't think Rice is actually a very good player.

Slightly above average and looked good in an average West Ham team.

If Ally McCoist can’t be positive on commentary for this England second half performance, you know it’s bad.

The Dutch are winning this, have ground England down and Southgate is doing feck all