Semi-Finals: Italy vs Spain | England vs Denmark

Yeah i don't disagree, i just think we can shadow him with a CB better than we did Olmo. Kane just isn't as quick or as good in tight areas

Not that it would much matter i don't think, you're really not as good as spain at moving the ball
Sounds like a formality then...

“England should be in front, the Sterling chance before it...”

Why do people always ignore the fact that if the first chance goes in, it totally changes the game? Denmark go up the other end and immediately score a second for all we know...

Some laughable keeping from Pickford for that goal.
"Here's the entire goal to aim at. I'm gonna stand over here and watch"

We're really not. England play at wembley and have better players, while Denmark would be the team of destiny

Bloody hell, that football you and Spain gave us was a different planet away from the shit we're seeing tonight. I'm only watching because it's England or I would have turned off by now.

Mason mount while obviously a good player, feels like a CM being forced to play as a 10, he doesn't have that offensive energy for me.

Neville is going ott there, that free kick was sweetly struck.

It was well struck, but it wasn't anywhere near the corner.

Pickford was hampered by three things:

1) started too far over
2) stepped across too late
3) has the reach of a toddler

So hard to call both teams will feel they can win this.

If Southgate makes a sub soon then England will win the game.

if he keeps it then Denmark will snatch a goal late.

“England should be in front, the Sterling chance before it...”

Why do people always ignore the fact that if the first chance goes in, it totally changes the game? Denmark go up the other end and immediately score a second for all we know...

It's a wonder sometimes how we ever managed to evolve beyond single celled protozoa.

Bring Sancho on for Saka asap.

Sterling has been brilliant, though. His movement in and around the box is frighteningly good, and the Danes are terrified of him.

Ole will wait for at least 20 minutes before introducing Sancho or Grealish.

Impressed by the Danes. Think England will end up winning this being patient and pragmatic. But that Italy midfield will destroy them.

:smirk:

Mason mount while obviously a good player, feels like a CM being forced to play as a 10, he doesn't have that offensive energy for me.

You've got to have a certain intelligence to play as a number 10 and play in between the lines. This ain't a game for Mount, against the Italians maybe but not tonight

Why is Pickford so angry when more often than not he's the one culpable for the mistake? Bloke needs to go to a shrink or something

Mount - Phillips - Rice are too conservative.
had worries that we’d get shown up against a proper team.

Philips is too high and rice is too deep.

Rice is doing a 5 yard crab impression and hiding alongside the CBs. he’s playing like an out of form matic.

Mount has given the ball away with heavy touches every time.

subs needed at 60 if nothing changes.

If Southgate makes a sub soon then England will win the game.

if he keeps it then Denmark will snatch a goal late.
FFS Gary make a sub!

England definitely have more to offer from the bench and could work out in their favour if this goes beyond normal time

Phillips been shite. Rice ok but zero creativity.

Walker excellent, Jesus he is fast - must be a toss up between him and Adama Traore.

Kane, Sterling and Shaw good although shaw with the soft foul for the goal.

Grealish, Henderson and Sancho should be called to action soon.

If Phillips miscontrols one more pass tonight I hope Maguire knocks him out

I just dont see what Mount offers this side. We have a midfield pairing designed to be pragmatic. Thats fine. It's what we have to work with and Southgate has done well to build a team around that. You don't need to be picking a number 10 with 'defensive contribution' in mind though. Grealish will beat players, win set piece opportunities, and create space for others

Bring Sancho on for Saka asap.

Sterling has been brilliant, though. His movement in and around the box is frighteningly good, and the Danes are terrified of him.

I think Raheem will decide this game one way or another, he'll either bundle in the winner or sky and absolute sitter at some stage, been phenomenal so far. Best player on the pitch.

It was a good free kick but it wasn't in the corner. Come on, a decent goalkeeper saves that. I think Pickford just shat himself.