Sekou Kone - Man United Player

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. Get in. Love a signing like this. I’ve already given him a -10 PA in FM, and that’s all you need to know.

Looks a real talent in fairness, and signing him at exactly the stage of his career I’d like us to see make more signings. Very low cost, very high potential, plenty of time to acclimate and develop without unnecessary pressure. The looks the sort of player who could be ready to challenge for the first team in 6-12 months, a la Caicedo, or could be the sort that spends 6 months bedding in and 18 months out on loan developing his game and getting minutes. The lack of risk and high potential reward makes me a big fan of this sort of signing. A very modern DM. I expect to see more of this from Ineos.

I put him in a different category of player to Lusalle and Obi but nonetheless, our overall youth recruitment this summer has been top drawer. Never seen so much buzz around the quality of player brought in in these sorts of age groups, not in such quantity. Hoping we go for Nypan next and leave him out on loan for a year.

What type of DM is he? A shielding no.6 or more of a roaming ball-winner like Casemiro/Ugarte?

I’m glad we’re getting in on the action that the likes of the Red Bull clubs, Brighton and Dortmund jump on.

There’s no guarantee he’s going to be good for us but with our completely new club management structure, you’d hope if it came to that they’d be able to sell him for a good price to someone (make a good profit for PSR reasons), without exposing his potential weaknesses too much in the process and without handing him some ridiculous contract like we would have in the Glazer/Woodward days.

From the clips i've seen, he is going to play first team football this season. He looks really good. Quite happy with these types of signings. Looking forward to more like this.

From the clips i've seen, he is going to play first team football this season. He looks really good. Quite happy with these types of signings. Looking forward to more like this.
He is only 18 and will go into academy to be assimilated to life in Man Utd. However, hope he will be fast tracked to 1st team like Mainoo.

He is only 18 and will go into academy to be assimilated to life in Man Utd. However, hope he will be fast tracked to 1st team like Mainoo.

Yep for sure he will start in the academy to get acclimatised to life and football in Manchester.

But something about the way we’re doing the announcements tells me we’ve bought him with the expectation he will make the step up to 1st team football fairly quickly.

Seems to be an exciting prospect indeed. Hoping he can be fast tracked soon

Yes. Get in. Love a signing like this. I’ve already given him a -10 PA in FM, and that’s all you need to know.

Looks a real talent in fairness, and signing him at exactly the stage of his career I’d like us to see make more signings. Very low cost, very high potential, plenty of time to acclimate and develop without unnecessary pressure. The looks the sort of player who could be ready to challenge for the first team in 6-12 months, a la Caicedo, or could be the sort that spends 6 months bedding in and 18 months out on loan developing his game and getting minutes. The lack of risk and high potential reward makes me a big fan of this sort of signing. A very modern DM. I expect to see more of this from Ineos.

I put him in a different category of player to Lusalle and Obi but nonetheless, our overall youth recruitment this summer has been top drawer. Never seen so much buzz around the quality of player brought in in these sorts of age groups, not in such quantity. Hoping we go for Nypan next and leave him out on loan for a year.
How is he compared to the likes of young players like Pedri and Yamal when they broke through?

Welcome to the biggest club in the world, hope to see you in and around the first team before the season runs out.

Signing such high quality youth talent is excellent work but it's only the start, there is still a ton of work to be done from the player side and from the club side as well.

One for the future and I hope he has a good development with us

I hope the club takes care of him off the pitch. We use to be fairly useless into helping players assimilate into the local area, but hopefully we have better people in charge now.

If all goes well, we could see him introduced around the Christmas period. But I wouldn’t be surprised if he is kept out until the end of the season.

This could be the most important signing of all this summer.

I know, I know, don’t judge based on a few highlight videos and all the rest of it, but… he looks ridiculous.

Looks to have that amazing mix of athleticism and technical ability that you want in a midfielder. He eats up the ground in those U17 World Cup games.

Hopefully he’s one to watch.

A good stint in the U21s is going to give him some good grounding on physicality a pace of game, it's the one area where our league differs significantly from everywhere else. Into the second half of season, if he has adjusted and played well then it gives us an option for first team as, let's be honest, we'll have injury absentees.

Yep for sure he will start in the academy to get acclimatised to life and football in Manchester.

But something about the way we’re doing the announcements tells me we’ve bought him with the expectation he will make the step up to 1st team football fairly quickly.

Seems to be an exciting prospect indeed. Hoping he can be fast tracked soon
That's the vibe I got too. Let's see.

His long passing looks really good in the clips I've watched. More cultured and accurate than Ugarte's long passes.

The level of football he’s played at is nowhere near the prem, and he looks really lightweight.

I’d wager we see nothing of him this season. Maybe next year.

Do have to wonder if this is a signing we have done to sell for profit in 2-3 years ala the Chelsea model. Surely this is the way all clubs will have to go to be able sustain themselves and deal with PSR and all that.

I would love nothing more for him to become an absolute gem and be part of our midfield for the next decade assuming he performs, but just seems like we will have to start buying guys like this to then sell them.

Also bit shocked to see he is only 5ft 9. From the tube videos I watched he for some reason looked quite tall and gangly. Suppose it was a youth tournament.

His long passing looks really good in the clips I've watched. More cultured and accurate than Ugarte's long passes.
Considering that Ugarte is statistically one of the most accurate long passers in Europe, that's quite remarkable.

Do have to wonder if this is a signing we have done to sell for profit in 2-3 years ala the Chelsea model. Surely this is the way all clubs will have to go to be able sustain themselves and deal with PSR and all that.

I would love nothing more for him to become an absolute gem and be part of our midfield for the next decade assuming he performs, but just seems like we will have to start buying guys like this to then sell them.

Also bit shocked to see he is only 5ft 9. From the tube videos I watched he for some reason looked quite tall and gangly. Suppose it was a youth tournament.

You feeling catfished? :lol:

That's a benefit of signing younger players, not meant to be the point!

You feeling catfished? :lol:

That's a benefit of signing younger players, not meant to be the point!
Very!! that photo of him next to Rashford was mind blowing :lol: doesn’t help that it looks like his face is photoshopped on to someone else’s head. But after a quick Google find out he’s 5ft9. Is this what woman feel like when I say I’m 6ft but really I’m 5ft 11.

That's the cynical way of looking at it I guess.

We could beat PSR by buying players like this and developing them into starters. Avoiding huge fees.

But if we do follow the Chelsea model expect him to be at Nice for £20m in a few years.

How is he compared to the likes of young players like Pedri and Yamal when they broke through?
I honestly couldn’t tell you. I haven’t seen anywhere near enough of the player and would have to defer to someone who has. I don’t want to make any proclamations on a subject that I just don’t know enough about.

Yeah Luckhurst expects him to make first team squad by January, guess if he really stands out from U21's then could be earlier

Status
Not open for further replies.