Scott McTominay | Napoli

It’s so weird to see him in any other shirt than United (or Scotland).

All the best, Scott! Go and smash it. :(

Good luck to him. Excellent servant in my eyes, maybe not the talent to be one of our most important players but we under value our squad players and he’s been a credit to us.

Glad he’s gone. Nuisance player who always seems to show up. One of the players I feared on united.

Desperate sale from an increasingly desperate club. Are we all supposed to get excited by the incoming of non-goal-threat Ugarte?? Well I don't. He doesn't make us better and our squad is depleted.

Good luck to him. I like that Scottish players are moving abroad and trying something different this season.

I hope he shreds that league. Good for him. Youth team player got to be a regular member of the first team for 250-odd matches, with a couple of trophies too. Always liked him. This should be a great new chapter for him.

Hope he does great there. Shame he can't indulge w regards to food, best pizza on the planet.

Sad to see this, I know many criticised him but I don't think anyone can question his commitment to the shirt when so many are just here for the money. He got us out of a lot of tight spots last season.

All the best and I hope he does great!

He was at the club before Rooney arrived. Mad.

Just didn’t quite have the natural talent to really, really make it here but gave it his all in a decade where we’ve had so many shitcnut players. He will be missed, but it was the right move. Glad he’s going to another massive club and not a West Ham

I feel sorry for him, though, in a way, because he's going to be surrounded by insanely beautiful Italian women dressed in incredible Italian fashion, eating some of the best food on the planet while enjoying fantastic city life. Poor lad.

Very sad about McTominay, and I once said they unkind things about him under Mourinho.

It’s been pretty much 6 years since he broke into the team. I didn’t think he’d have a long stint here yet here we are. He’s been a great servant to the club over the years, and he’s had some fantastic moments including the late strike vs City and the last gasp winner vs Brentford last year.

Overall, he’s a good player but he was never going to be more than a squad player and he’s at an age where he should play every week and what a club to get in Napoli. I wish him the best of luck and I’m sure that if he returns to OT with Napoli, he will get a great round of applause.

No idea how people can hate him, always given his all and been at the club since he was a kid. Hope he does really well in Italy, what a glorious part of the world to be living in down around Naples.

Desperate sale from an increasingly desperate club. Are we all supposed to get excited by the incoming of non-goal-threat Ugarte?? Well I don't. He doesn't make us better and our squad is depleted.

Very weird take. Ugarte is not being signed to be a goal threat, he is being signed because our only DM is completely gassed after 10 minutes and we are easier to score on than Katie Price.

So cringe

Weird post

Scott should have gone years ago he’s never been good enough. In fact I’ll go one further and say in recent times there hasn’t been a more mediocre player make so many appearances for the club

I think some people genuinely watch football with their eyes closed until a goal goes in.

Midfielder who is useless at most aspects of midfield play, but nicks the odd goal: good.
Midfielder who wins the ball back as much as anybody in football but doesn't score goals: bad.

Reaction to him leaving has become very over the top. The guy tried his best but the vast majority of his performances were underwhelming and even last season he was a passenger when he didn’t score. He never should have played anything close to 250 games for us but he is clearly a decent lad and that obviously helped him stick around as well as failings of others of course.

But he has secured a really good move to a league that will probably suit him better, slower place loser to international football where he has done really well. I hope they play him on an advanced role and don’t use him as a utility player, few early goals will cement him in the team.