Russian invasion of Ukraine | Fewer tweets, more discussion

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
“Ukraine gave me a lot – I studied here, worked here, I married a Ukrainian. I can’t even say it’s my second homeland at this point, it’s just my homeland,” he said, in a Skype interview from his location at an army base.

Simbo

This has been the main question on my mind when it comes to f16's. Whether or not they are coming equipped with the 100km+ AA missiles and the capability to track targets up to that range.

DT12

Supports
Everton
I wasn't going to post this but since you went first, the BBC had a similar story a few days ago:

The website story goes into more detail:

https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/cz994d6vqe5o

Notable is the Ukrainian conscription officer who says Ukrainian men who don't want to fight "are not real men" because "if we run out of men, the Russians will come to their homes and rape their women and murder their children" (he's curiously silent about the military-aged children of Zelenskiy's thousands of "advisors" who were ferried abroad to safety after the invasion, and who now - in the case of Klitschko's kids - post videos on Instagram of themselves partying in German nightclubs). 2 and a half years in and we still have delusional lunatics like this feeding a generation of Ukrainian men into a shredder on the basis of a 6-year-old's understanding of this conflict. All those politicians who spent the first 2 years of the war calling for Ukrainian men to be brave and sign up, and who Zelenskiy subsequently fired for corruption (Reznikov, Rud, all the heads of the conscription offices), why aren't THEY on the front lines instead of posting on Telegram from Germany and the UK? What exactly does a clown like "main advisor to Zelenskiy" Mykhailo Podolyak actually do, beyond writing literally insane ravings on Twitter about how the only acceptable outcome of this war will be total Ukrainian victory? Here's an idea Podolyak, why don't YOU go make this victory happen then, instead of overseeing the kidnapping of Ukrainian fathers from public transport (per that BBC video)?

While I'm here, some more Russian propaganda for you. Zelenskiy has banned yet another opposition party, taking the total to 12...

https://english.almayadeen.net/news...-bans-opposition-party-amid-government-crackd

...and The New York Times had an article a few days ago about his dissolution of press freedoms.

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/06/18/world/europe/ukraine-press-freedom.html

Simbo

Have seen this video shared by many of my Ukrainian male friends (who're living abroad) today .... Father gets forcibly separated from his wife and child (infant) on the street and drafted into the army. Read the comments ... That's what I was talking about about the general train of thought of many Ukrainians I know a few pages ago

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C8cUfnGt8yr/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link
Whenever I see something like this that feeds into Russian propaganda so well, I tend to assume there's more to the story. In this case a lot more, though I still don't really know what, its shady as fook. Full video and further context below. The guy being arrested is already enlisted, a veteran of the 'Kraken' special forces unit even, so its not forced conscription. These are the acts of Mykola Tyshchenko who was part of Zelensky's staff before being fired from his party in Jan 23. Though I think he's still holds some kind of office as 'People's Deputy of Ukraine'. No idea what authority he has to arrest people, but this case is under criminal investigation.

Tyshchenko claims the guy he arrested is part of some bot farm network and apparently has had some run in with him before.

When I saw duck lips lady my first thought was that she probably has Russian ties, then I checked my self as making assumptions from someone's appearance is wrong! Then I saw this.

There's lots of similar videos doing the rounds. Russian trolls are having a field day and no doubt spamming Ukrainian males with them. My understanding is that nobody can be forced into the army under Ukrainian law. They can however be arrested if they fail to turn up to the enlistment office once conscripted. If they refuse the draft at that point they are just fined.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Wagner mutiny a year ago.

A year ago, Russian mercenary chief Yevgeny Prigozhin challenged the Kremlin with a mutiny
On a lazy summer weekend a year ago, Russia was jolted by the stunning news of an armed uprising. The swaggering chief of a Kremlin-sponsored mercenary army seized a military headquarters in the south and began marching toward Moscow to oust the Defense Ministry’s leaders, accusing them of starving his force of ammunition in Ukraine.
https://apnews.com/article/russia-w...-ukraine-war-a3c617e27a67ea38364529888292efd8

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
If only he didnt back out... who knows what the history would say and probably Prigozhin would be alive or not fake dead

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
S. Korea running out of red lines on Russia-N. Korea cooperation
South Korean national security adviser Chang Ho-jin issued another stark warning Sunday, clarifying that South Korea will have no red lines left to uphold if Russia supplies "high-precision weapons" to North Korea, at a time when Seoul and Moscow are walking a tightrope in their relations.

"Russia's recent actions have been gradually approaching a red line, which is why we've issued the warning," Chang said Sunday during an interview with state broadcaster KBS, without specifying what constitutes the line.
https://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20240623050110

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Maybe related: The past couple of months there's been three "accidental" fires at Novo Nordisk premises in Denmark.
Why would it? The fire in Berlin was at a factory that produces (parts for) the IRIS-T missiles, that's directly related to the war. How is Novo Nordisk involved?

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
Why would it? The fire in Berlin was at a factory that produces (parts for) the IRIS-T missiles, that's directly related to the war. How is Novo Nordisk involved?
I'm not saying they're involved in the war. I'm just saying we've had a bunch of fires breaking out at the premises of the most high profile Danish company. I think it's very unlikely that all three fires were down to rotten luck. I don't know what the point would be except to maybe threaten the company which is basically Europe's most valuable company and obviously extremely important to the Danish economy.

Simbo

I'm finding this guys' vids quite therapeutic. Unashamedly gushing over UA combat footage with a bit of yank 'feck yeah' energy.

Mainly posing it for the joust between a Bradley and BMP 2 minutes in though, ridiculous stuff. Happened a couple weeks ago but wasn't posted in here.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Arrest warrants for Shoigu & Gerasimov.

The International Criminal Court issued arrest warrants Tuesday for Russia’s former defense minister and its military chief of staff for attacking civilian targets in Ukraine.

The court is accusing former Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu and chief of staff Gen. Valery Gerasimov of war crimes and the crime against humanity of inhumane acts.
https://apnews.com/article/icc-russia-ukraine-shoigu-gerasimov-eb48ca09150082d988bc75df59fe9354

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
I'm finding this guys' vids quite therapeutic. Unashamedly gushing over UA combat footage with a bit of yank 'feck yeah' energy.

Mainly posing it for the joust between a Bradley and BMP 2 minutes in though, ridiculous stuff. Happened a couple weeks ago but wasn't posted in here.

I like that he calls their cope cages ‘anti drone brassieres’!

AfonsoAlves

Whenever I see something like this that feeds into Russian propaganda so well, I tend to assume there's more to the story. In this case a lot more, though I still don't really know what, its shady as fook. Full video and further context below. The guy being arrested is already enlisted, a veteran of the 'Kraken' special forces unit even, so its not forced conscription. These are the acts of Mykola Tyshchenko who was part of Zelensky's staff before being fired from his party in Jan 23. Though I think he's still holds some kind of office as 'People's Deputy of Ukraine'. No idea what authority he has to arrest people, but this case is under criminal investigation.

Tyshchenko claims the guy he arrested is part of some bot farm network and apparently has had some run in with him before.

When I saw duck lips lady my first thought was that she probably has Russian ties, then I checked my self as making assumptions from someone's appearance is wrong! Then I saw this.

There's lots of similar videos doing the rounds. Russian trolls are having a field day and no doubt spamming Ukrainian males with them. My understanding is that nobody can be forced into the army under Ukrainian law. They can however be arrested if they fail to turn up to the enlistment office once conscripted. If they refuse the draft at that point they are just fined.
A family member of mine got shot for running away from the draft.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Putin would use North Korean troops as ‘cannon fodder,’ US claims
Pyongyang does plan to send its military engineering unit to the occupied territories of Ukraine to undertake rebuilding work, Reuters reported citing South Korean TV Chosun channel. The troops being sent to Ukraine will likely serve as overseas workers to earn hard cash for North Korea, where the economy is strangled by international sanctions, according to TV Chosun’s report.
https://www.politico.eu/article/vladimir-putin-would-use-north-korean-troops-cannon-fodder-us-says/

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Russia Sends Waves of Troops to the Front in a Brutal Style of Fighting
May was a particularly deadly month for the Russian army in Ukraine, with an average of more than 1,000 of its soldiers injured or killed each day, according to U.S., British and other Western intelligence agencies.

But despite its losses, Russia is recruiting 25,000 to 30,000 new soldiers a month — roughly as many as are exiting the battlefield, U.S. officials said. That has allowed its army to keep sending wave after wave of troops at Ukrainian defenses, hoping to overwhelm them and break through the trench lines.
https://www.nytimes.com/2024/06/27/us/politics/russia-casualties-ukraine-war.html

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
“We are now becoming a liability for our neighbors because Russia is using us as an operational base,” a senior Austrian intelligence official said.