Round of 16 | Romania vs Netherlands | Austria vs Turkey

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
I doubt it. He is a very good squad player but misses a world class attribute like speed, strenght or shooting to be a star in the Premier League. He is good at most things but not special at anything
Wasn’t he played upfront mostly last season? It’s clear he isn’t a 9. He’s a left sided forward

youngrell

When you're defending, you want the flag to go up soon as possible. There are a lot problems with offside, letting play develop, VAR, etc., but I think it's worse when they let play continue, the ball goes in the back of the net, one set of fans celebrate while the other half are in tears, then there's a lengthy VAR review, and it's overturned. I'd take the odd shit offside call over whatever the current standard is.
Oh I’m not defending VAR.

Demyanenko_square_jaw

Romania completely ran out of steam after their first two games, but this was probably about as far as they were ever going to get, considering how weak their squad is. Feel for them with that terrible high-foot decision, but that was a really clumsy, sloppy performance and a goal there would have been harsh on Netherlands.

Hagi's son is shite.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Anyone think Turkey have a chance? or Austria will win easily? I’m expecting goals. 2 teams that like to attack.

Dudu

Anyone think Turkey have a chance? or Austria will win easily? I’m expecting goals. 2 teams that like to attack.
I'm predicting an easy Austria win.

Maybe a consolation goal for Turkey.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Turkey with the crowd behind them might fancy it. But not having Calhanoglu will be detrimental I think.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Austria will batter the Dutch again
Doubt that a bit, they didnt batter us last time either (we had 1.87xg vs their 1.08 or something). We just failed to convert and had a collectively shite game.

Will be a very competitive game I think, with them maybe very slight favorites due to the winning in the group.

On the other hand, the USSR beat us in the group stages in '88 too.

On the other other hand, we had Gullit, Van Basten, Koeman, Wouters and Van Breukelen in '88.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Doubt that a bit, they didnt better us last time either (we had 1.87xg vs their 1.08 or something). We just failed to convert and had a collectively shite game.

Will be a very conpetitive game I think, with them maybe very slight favorites due to the winning in the group.

On the other hand, the USSR beat us in the group stages in '88 too.

On the other other hand, we had Gullit, Van Basten, Koeman, Wouters and Van Breukelen in '88.
Nah I was teasing to get a nibble out of our Dutch brothers - it should be a good game, should the Austrians get there