Round of 16 | Romania vs Netherlands | Austria vs Turkey

The footwork on display in this tournament has been fecking atrocious overall. So slow, stuttery and clumsy.

Dutch posters, how good is Schouten? And what is his potential going forward? Is he one to keep an eye on?

I've liked him this tournament, always seem to make the right decision and tactical flexible.
Decent, not overly special.

Do the Dutch have any natural left footer in their front 4?

About all their forward players in this tournament have been right footers. Made their game a bit predictable, but those players also aren't willing to shot with their 'weaker' foot for some reason.

Pretty good player. Had a good season for PSV but i dont think he will ever be good enough to be a starter for a big European club.

Had a weak game against Austria where he played a negative role in two of their goals.

PSV/Bosz used him as a CB too because he is very good on the ball

Yeah, I don't think he's been very good defensively. Didnt cover himself in glory against Austria, but on the ball he was one of the few who didn't wet their pants when pressed. A really good trait for a young midfielder.

World Cup > Euros
I think part of that is because these countries know each other a lot better and the hype surrounding it hits different. In general I find Euros a lot more chess like in play even when some of the top teams had larger shares of WC talent walking around.

Netherlands should have scored 2 or 3 and might regret it later.

Does anyone else hate the way bbc or itv must talk about england for half the HT talk?
We are the draws of international football. It's why threads with our matches get double the replies of any other.

Romania had a good first 10 minutes. After that we took over but we should be atleast 2-0 ahead now.

Dumfries causing a lot of issues for Romania. Memphis playing quite well but he is shit at set pieces.

Romania had a good first 10 minutes. After that we took over but we should be atleast 2-0 ahead now.

Dumfries causing a lot of issues for Romania. Memphis playing quite well but he is shit at set pieces.
Dumfries is about the one player who wouldn't have looked out of sorts in a team that had Davids and Seedorf before. Imho.

Dumfries always stands up when we need him honestly. If he were good enough to play that pass onto Simons' right foot isntead of between his feet he'd be the best back in the world.

Southgate bringing Ed Sheeran to the England training session today to lift spirits. FFS. If anything, it'll deject them even more. Sheeran's the only person who could make Southgate look as charismatic as Rowdy Roddy Piper.

Dumfries is about the one player who wouldn't have looked out of sorts in a team that had Davids and Seedorf before. Imho.

He does lack the final ball though. He puts a lot of energy in the game and ends up at the right spots. However his cross is then overhit or he misscontrols the ball.

He is a good player but misses the pure talent on the ball to be an excellent player in my opinion.

He does lack the final ball though. He puts a lot of energy in the game and ends up at the right spots. However his cross is then overhit or he misscontrols the ball.

He is a good player but misses the pure talent on the ball to be an excellent player in my opinion.
Fair enough. Not quite WC but extremely consistent. What you said though again makes me wonder why the hell Frimpong isn't playing again bc that weakness you described seems to be exactly that players strength.

Why is it that every time the ball is loose in the box everyone immediately turns into my fat uncle's Sunday league team?

Schouten is having a decent game, nothing special just good positioning and picking up the ball.

That Dutch front 3 has absolutely no brains whatsoever.

Malen seems to struggle a bit with the weight of being his team's star player.