Round of 16 | France vs Belgium | Portugal vs Slovenia

Potugal France is a decent game. Happy Portugal made it through in the end.

Been through a lot of Portugal penalties throughout the years, felt that way me a bit more than usual.

3-0 in a shootout. Last time I remember that was the 07 Community Shield.

Ffs do players cry more these days than previous years. Half the Portugal team crying after scraping past Slovakia

One thing you can never, ever knock C.Ronaldo for is his willingness to try. Guy steps up after being a wreck and scores the first penalty, and it was a great one too.

He'll always step up to be counted, even when utter shite. Never hides. Never shirks.

What a terrible pen takers from Slovenia. The easiest balls for the keeper.

Ah well. 3 good pens vs 3 shockers. Least we learned beating teams beginning with Sl and ending with A during 120 minutes of knockout football isn't for everyone. A feat only manageable by the best.

Costa has a brilliant pen technique. Springs forward early from a starting position miles behind the goalline, so he gets good forward movement to close down the angle, without giving away retakes.

Bounces left and right too. Not too much. But off putting.

Feel sorry for the Beeb, they’d have loved to have put Mistiano Penaldo up on the screen again. The state of the media in this country.

So happy to have Portugal through! Makes for a much better quarter final.

Agreed. As much as I like a good underdog story, I like it even more when the big teams play each other.