Round of 16 | France vs Belgium | Portugal vs Slovenia

mnthrnI.jpeg

I can’t believe he cried because he had a penalty saved. Surely something must be wrong with him

Portugal :lol: They completely deserve that though bowing down to a 40 yo man child.

They are handicapping themselves by playing with 10 men. Even if they get past Slovenia, they'd be eliminated in the next round.

If he gave a shit about his country he would have told Bruno to take it, much better penalty taker.

Haha look at that knobhead showing emotion. He should be a tough guy like me and glass Jim from down the road for looking at me a bit funny in the bog

He can show emotion in 15 minutes time if they lose.

What he is doing right now is unprofessional, making it all about him.

I feel for Ronaldo tbh. Hope he can find something else to put his heart into after football. He does seem like the type of guy that can go into a really depressed state after his career is over if he has nothing to replace it with.

I'd feel sorry for him if I thought he was crying because he thinks he let his country down but you know it's only because he didn't get to be the hero.

He wants Portugal to win too.
Ye we can tell that by the fact he’s trying to do everything on his own. He should have give the pen to Bruno as he knows full well it isn’t his night so was bound to happen

Haha look at that knobhead showing emotion. He should be a tough guy like me and glass Jim from down the road for looking at me a bit funny in the bog
Thats not at all what this is about.
He can cry after the game all he wants.

But he is their leader and he cries with 15 minutes to go because he messed up his heroic moment.

That Ronaldo moment was one of the most embarrassing things i've seen in a long time

I feel for Ronaldo tbh. Hope he can find something else to put his heart into after football. He does seem like the type of guy that can go into a really depressed state after his career is over if he has nothing to replace it with.
Yeah it does seem rather inevitable. Some high priced therapists will be looking to pounce.

This dude is gonna be such a hot mess when he hangs up his boots. What will be do without the adoration.

I made a similar point last year. I expect it to be tragic, hopefully his family can see it and are ready to manage it.

Oh wait Ilicic is actually in the Slovenia squad?

Now this would be a story worth celebrating if he scores, Guy Mowbray just summed it up nicely on BBC comms.

I just hope he isnt going to miss a penalty. That cant be healthy for a guy who struggled with his mental health

I feel bad for Ronaldo, he's obviously a narcissist but those tears were genuine. He knows the end is coming and this is embarrassing for him.

He isn't allowed to do it.

Who isn't allowing him to do it, rest of Portugal squad will just walk off in protest or something?

They were so disguised at him getting dropped in the World Cup they won that match 6-1.

Roberto Martinez absolute ruined Belgium's chances and now hopefully Portugal. Maybe sub off the 39 year old who is past his sell by date and put on someone who will actually run and help the team.

Watching Ronaldo play football now is like watching Mike Tyson boxing nowadays. Had Bruno taken that penalty Portugal would ahead right now.

Impressive how high he still gets in the air to be fair, especially at 109th