Round of 16 | England vs Slovakia | Spain vs Georgia

If he's moving out of the way quickly to get out of the keeper's view, surely he is aware that he is interfering with play by making that motion? Therefore, offside.

Hard to believe there were/are people who actually think Rice is close to Rodri.

I get that he’s not obstructing the keepers view, so it’s the right decision under the rules. But at the same time, the keeper doesn’t know he’s offside - he’s probably half expecting him to stick a leg out and redirect it.

If he's moving out of the way quickly to get out of the keeper's view, surely he is aware that he is interfering with play by making that motion? Therefore, offside.
He wasn't in the keepers view and he moved in the right direction to ensure it stays that way. So he did the right thing to ensure that the goal stands.

I get that he’s not obstructing the keepers view, so it’s the right decision under the rules. But at the same time, the keeper doesn’t know he’s offside - he’s probably half expecting him to stick a leg out and redirect it.

100% agreed. He's interfering with play because he's there. A goalkeeper has to be aware of everything around and in front of them. Purely because he's there, he is interfering with play. It's a bit like being a parent and watching your child play by the edge of a pool. They might not fall in, but you're still aware that they could.

So you are sometimes to stand offside in view of the keeper, but not always. Seems legit.

Just going into too many details there.

Rodri is a top top player. I didn't like him initially as it seemed he wasn't as good as Fernandinho but he's really become much since then.

Rodri destroys everything that is good about football. Eyebrowless feck

He wasn't in the keepers view and he moved in the right direction to ensure it stays that way. So he did the right thing to ensure that the goal stands.

That doesn't make any sense. He might not be right in front of the keeper's view, but he's still there in front of the keeper regardless, whether that's in his peripheral vision or slightly off to the side, or directly in front. He's literally within metres of him, in the same direction from which the ball is coming.

That doesn't make any sense. He might not be right in front of the keeper's view, but he's still there in front of the keeper regardless, whether that's in his peripheral vision or slightly off to the side, or directly in front. He's literally within metres of him, in the same direction from which the ball is coming.
Yep.

Spain are probably the only side with this kind of tempo and crispness to their play in this tournament.