Round of 16 | England vs Slovakia | Spain vs Georgia

All Spanish players in the Georgian third of the pitch. Now thats some high line.

Spain are probably the only side with this kind of tempo and crispness to their play in this tournament.

The way they move the ball and shift it from side to side, before upping the pace and tempo is something else. Out of all the top teams, they look the most natural and fluid on the ball.

That half flew by.

Would expect similar flow in second half. Georgia to have their moments but Spain to dominate and ultimately win comfortably.

Williams looks like a good decision maker with a solid first touch. Wouldn’t mind him at all

Not sure why common sense can’t be applied. If it doesn’t affect the outcome then it’s irrelevant. Only seems to apply half the time though.
Yeah, both this goal and the Simons one should've stood, but Morata seems to impact the keeper more than Dumfries did.

I'm obviously biast though.

Yeah it's not particularly close. Rice is a great player but Rodri is elite

Have to agree. Rodri seems to do this sort of stuff with ease. A proper big-game player. I found Rice to be very disappointing today, but Rodri seems to consistently put in a minimum of 8/10 performances every time he plays. A ridiculous player.

Georgia are hilarious, there was times you could tell they had Spain petrified on the counter. Then there was that moment they started trying to nutmeg all Spain's players down the left hand side and to top it off they try and chip the keeper from the restart after Spain's goal :lol: just brilliant

Willy Sagnol earns less that half a million a year and actually has a game plan and style of play. Southgate makes nearly £5 million and sends England out with no ideas or any plan. Football is a mad world sometimes

Both would have gone in anyway. Both had a player in an offside position between the striker and the goal.
Yes. Those things are the same. And rather crucially and obviously others are not. He is not blocking his view or standing where keeper wanted to jump.

Yes. Those things are the same. And rather crucially and obviously others are not. He is not blocking his view or standing where keeper wanted to jump.
I’ll be honest. If you can’t see the difference then I expect some bias is at play. I have no dog in either fight.

Why are you being bitchy?

Pointing out not everyone on the planet supports England and may not actually be trolls is now bitchy?

Come on, you're definitely better than that.

You won, it's time for a 'feck you' to oppo fans, that's how it's supposed to work. You delight in the oppos losing, you don't get upset that people actually support the opposition.

Spain are probably the only side with this kind of tempo and crispness to their play in this tournament.
When Portugal have Bruno and Bernado on, they're quite incisive. They still suffer from the Ronaldo vacuum though where all passes go to him.

Georgia are proper sexy on the counter, that 6 is the player we hoped we were getting with Amrabat, the amount of brave outlet passes he has played in this tournament is mightily impressive.

Georgia are proper sexy on the counter, that 6 is the player we hoped we were getting with Amrabat, the amount of brave outlet passes he has played in this tournament is mightily impressive.
That number 6 is playing a monster tournament. But whether he's good at this club, I don't know.

It’s true! Neither of those goals should have been disallowed. If you think one should and the other shouldn’t, I’ve got nothing to add.
Morally I agree. From rules-perspective they got the decisions correct. And if you disagree that is totally fine, I understand that. But these incidents aren't the same.

Brilliant first half in the Spain vs. Georgia game.

The Spaniards are a great watch right now, they’ve managed to combine their crisp, quick, passing game with excellent wingers on both flanks. Makes them so exciting going forward, and yet without many traditional goal scorers, you wonder if they’ll find the back of the net.

As for Georgia, bravo. Continue to surprise us all. Play with so much passion it’s a joy to see.

Can’t wait to see what this second half serves up. More of the same with an added dose of nerves ought to make for enthralling viewing.

I was halfway across my living room floor thinking that was in!

Omg that goal would have been madness