Round of 16 | England vs Slovakia | Spain vs Georgia

Considering the quality England have on paper, creating nothing for 94 minutes is just embarrassing.

Hard to imagine us improving enough to beat a decent side, but you never know I guess...

Switzerland will give us a way harder game than this if we don’t switch it up. That’s the concern

England are poor. I think Suisse are going give them a tough fight and its a 50-50 game for me.

The Swiss are clear favourites on the tournament performances so far.

Switzerland will beat us. I thought we'd beat Slovakia comfortably and then lose to Switzerland. We're worse than I thought.

The Swiss will really fancy their chances against England.

They should beat England. Used to playing in the knock outs. Akanji, Schar and Xhaka are all playing better in this tournament than their English counterparts. Front 3 of Ndoye-Embolo-Vargas will cause England all sorts of issues on the counter attack especially as England have big issues on the left side of defence now.

With this performance level England aren't getting past Swiss/Holland/Austria with their lack of structure, pressing, passing. Extra day recovery for Swiss aswell and they cruised through the Italy match.

Perhaps another freak goal but they generally only happen once every couple of tournaments. Bellingham also misses a potential SF if he gets booked next game unless the cards get reset at that stage.

Portugal, England and France are playing poorly. Even Germany needed a little help from the var.

Apart from Spain, this euro has been very poor in terms of entretaining matches.

And to make it worse, the refereeing has been very poor too overall.

Well we made that hard work. Performance wasn’t there again but we kept going and ultimately got a bit lucky. Mainoo was great for the first hour, Palmer was really good off the bench, others weren’t so great though Kane and Bellingham deserve loads of credit for delivering when it mattered.

Southgate is very fortunate his players bailed him out, he didn’t manage the game particularly well as most of the tournament.

Survive and advance is what it’s all about.

Swiss might be favourites on performance..but they're not. They just aren't. Won't be with any bookie.

England are like the Man Utd of international football. Regularly have one of the best teams on paper, but usually get outplayed by better coached teams and might lose or win with moments of magic.

Great result. I actually think not setting the world on the fire might do England good and help us get to the final. As underdogs vs a team like France/Spain we might actually win it.

It's so annoying when a player is lamenting on the ground and then an adversary comes to bother and lift him up, in an obvious attempt to signal virtue.

He can get up whenever he wants without your help, prick!

The Swiss are clear favourites on the tournament performances so far.
They are definitely a better coached team but don’t have someone like Bellingham, Foden, Palmer, Kane.. who can win a match with a piece of brilliance.

Nice to see the belief flow back into the English fans here, and in general, and in the media, so that we're all ready for the inevitable.

'We'll get beat by the first decent team we play'

That is still true. We have made very very hard work of poor teams. A good one will embarrass us if we play like that.

The only small thing is we may perform better when we haven't got to break down low blocks. We just struggle against those teams big time. A more attacking team will be more open.

On the positive side for England, knockout football is all about getting the job done and that win might ease some of the pressure with the manner of the comeback.

Swiss will really fancy their chances though. They are a really good side and with the extra day and a fairly comfortable win against Italy they will go in with confidence.