Round of 16 | England vs Slovakia | Spain vs Georgia

Rubbish, lucky. Great take from Bellingham but shocking for the rest of the game. Foden and Saka poor, Kane mostly poor other than heading his goal in. Mainoo easy man of the match

Palmer needs to play WITH Mainoo, not after he’s come off. Palmer is very direct but he needs outlet runs as an option to really cook a defense. Mainoo is sublime, but he needs somebody that can find his runs and see them coming to fully shine. We saw it in the other game: this should be a no brainer.

Scoring late isn't luck but Southgate is really lucky hes got a few more days in this tournament

What? Play like this, and it’ll be a slaughter.
quarters have been our biggest achivement ever..we always feck it up when it counts and you have way the more talented palyers. But we are doing great so far and i believe! If not now then never.

Can Southgate do the unthinkable and somehow win something for England yet have the whole country hate him.

England are poor. I think Suisse are going give them a tough fight and its a 50-50 game for me.

Brutal to watch but grinding out the results and into the last 8.

England will reach the semi finals. They have the luck factor

Mark Pougatch: Napoleon said don’t bring me good generals, bring me lucky ones.
Ian Wright: yes.

Absolutely appalling performance, will need to play better than this going forward.

But..they're over the line. You've got to be in it to continually get lucky.

Palmer did well, Mainoo did well.

Probably the least deserving winners of a tie I’ve ever seen :lol:

I don’t think I can take another 90 minutes like that.
Why though? That one Slovakia player should've gotten 11 yellow cards and they did feck all after scoring. Sure, England were cack, but it's good for the draw you went through.

Bit sad for Slovakia though, I like a good David vs Goliath story. Especially when David plays for Feyenoord.

England won this one bit they dont look like a team nor like they trained too much together.

I know how Slovakians feel. They were seconds away from a famous victory.

'We'll get beat by the first decent team we play'

That is still true. We have made very very hard work of poor teams. A good one will embarrass us if we play like that.

Rubbish, lucky. Great take from Bellingham but shocking for the rest of the game. Foden and Saka poor, Kane mostly poor other than heading his goal in. Mainoo easy man of the match

The flaws are obvious to everyone, so it's in the manager's hands to fix. He doesn't have to play all of Kane, Bellingham, Foden and Saka. Unfortunately he doesn't have the luxury of experimenting anymore to see what works.