Round of 16 | England vs Slovakia | Spain vs Georgia

Heartbreak for Slovakia here, but this could be the moment Southgate realises his goodwill is completely extinguished and from now on his best course of action is do everything counterintuitive to his thinking.

This is sometimes referred to the "George Costanza do the opposite of every instinct he holds" philosophy.

It took a lot longer than expected but i fully expected England to come back. They just have too much quality. Cant imagine Slovakia still have much off a chance to win now.

Moments of brilliance. We rely on it too much though.

Masking southgate's awfulness. Good teams would have been out of sight by this point. We cannot win it playing like this, and I still doubt we'll win this one.

30 minutes with no midfield, unless he dares bring wharton on.

England basically the international version of Man. United.

Masking southgate's awfulness. Good teams would have been out of sight by this point. We cannot win it playing like this, and I still doubt we'll win this one.

Wharton for Kane is such an obvious "smart" sub that he just won't make.

To use a daft American phrase... Bellingham is clutch. Only man on the pitch that could have done that at that precise moment.

Genuinely pathetic from Southgate though to be struggling with this side.

It took a lot longer than expected but i fully expected England to come back. They just have too much quality. Cant imagine Slovakia still have much off a chance to win now.

If it goes to penalties my money is on Slovakia.

only hope is that Slovakia are gassed and we actually keep the screw turned. Just put the pressure on.

It must be unusual playing for such toxic fans and trying to "bring it home" for them.

Oh nonsense. This pretence that French, German or Spanish fans are just happy to be there, but England fans are toxic and demanding

1 shot on target :lol:.

England arnt due to lose yet, that'll be to the first decent team faced.

Wheres the Southgate haters now? Brings Toney on in the 94th minute, he stands in the box, England scores a goal.

Bloody hell what a way to get a lifeline. Quality goal stopping an epic post match meltdown :lol:

Can't believe how little Wharton has been used so far considering he's arguably the only pure no.6 in the squad. Rice for me works better as a no 8.

The first shot on target was in the 96th minute.

All this quality and England can barely create anything given that was a freak goal let's be honest from a long throw.

Jude, what a finish.

But yes this will just feed Gareth’s mindset that he is doing the right thing. After being 1-0 down to Slovakia up until the 94th minute…

Thierry Henry in an ad with Beckham for Walkers crisps. Even worse than the game