Round of 16 | England vs Slovakia | Spain vs Georgia

Being honest regarding Jude, even the way he dribbles you can tell he's world class. His mentality, physicality, intelligence. The guy is the real deal and a one off imo.

Jude has inherited the Real Madrid plot armor :lol:

Surely England go on to win this in extra time now. Slovakia look absolutely cooked

Why does Bellingham celebrate like he has a massive chip on his shoulder? He looked miserable all game.

He’s a total wanker but I like his celebration. Sometimes his play is imperious and his swagger is a big part of his game. That channels it nicely.

Who cares, this is Slovakia. You put them on.
Just as well he didn’t take Bellingham off or move him from number 10 :confused:

Im not convinced by the system, but late on in games, you need your best players in the best positions.

Slovakia confidence at zero now.

Slovakia need to get some forwards on if they have any, England got about two defenders on the pitch.

Switzerland will be chucking at this, extra day's recovery aswell.

England will score two more and get my 3-1 prediction right

Favoritism.

I don't think it's favouritism. More that he's tactically lacking and, deep down, a coward. So he picks the players that have proven themselves the most and hopes that they can muster something up.
Subbing Kane, Bellingham, Foden etc, represents a big call, which is not something he's comfortable doing.

And Bellingham's goal just there is exactly why he won't ever make those big calls. He is too afraid of talking off these big players because he fears losing their ability to pull a rabbit out the hat.

Heartbreak for Slovakia here, but this could be the moment Southgate realises his goodwill is completely extinguished and from now on his best course of action is do everything counterintuitive to his thinking.

I guarantee he 100% thinks this is a vindication for him and will only reinforce the notion that what he’s been doing is good.

Criminal. Incredible finish though. But criminal taking this to extra time

Being honest regarding Jude, even the way he dribbles you can tell he's world class. His mentality, physicality, intelligence. The guy is the real deal and a one off imo.

He’s been dire all tournament. It’s like he’s playing while humming to “hey jude”. Wants to do everything on his own

I really hope that INEOS aren’t watching this and thinking “Gareth’s our man”. He’s like ten Hag, being bailed out by individual brilliance.

Watch Keane go all John Bull and say I told you we'd smash these Moyes West Ham cnuts.

What you laughing at?
I just found it funny that one person thinks Southgate is all about selecting players based on reputation while the other is complaining that he didn't pick players based on reputation even thought they've had shit seasons.

Moments of brilliance. We rely on it too much though.

Masking southgate's awfulness. Good teams would have been out of sight by this point. We cannot win it playing like this, and I still doubt we'll win this one.

30 minutes with no midfield, unless he dares bring wharton on.