Round of 16 | England vs Slovakia | Spain vs Georgia

Walker is so limited it's crazy how Pep makes him work for City

I think the decline in modern football quality can be attributed to this paper thin socks they all wear nowadays. Back in my day, you could wear the same pair of socks for years. You could even bequeath them in a will to your descendants, they were made so robustly, handcrafted by mountain people. Today, you have the players with their bare-ass calves showing and it's not even 20 minutes gone. #disgraceful

Feels like I'm watching Portugal minus the diving

Think England have too much firepower not to go on and win this but they’ve been doing as dreadful as can be so far.

I agree but also can't complain too much.

It’s ancient history now, but the good news is that Mainoo is incredibly mature for his age and already has shown in this match that he’s in a class by himself in this England side.

Zombie football.

I do feel Mainoo could show a bit more for the ball, he's looking lively.

People ask for zero tolerance on tactical fouling then call Jude getting a yellow for chopping down a dangerous break harsh.

Slovakia looking zesty on the break.

Ref regretting not being able to give Rice a card, he needs to watch his back now

We're keeping everything in front of Slovakia, whereas they're trying to get behind or around us. We're too static up top. Saka looks like the only player who can get behind them.

Zero midfield control. Zero. Have been talking about that since day one in this tournament. Mainoo is still to young. Rice is average at best and Bellingham don’t have any awareness when it comes to position.

Are you guys trying to imply that Bellingham’s tackle there was not a card? Or Guehi, clearly obstructing a player who was going to be through to run on goal?
The only one so far that was not a stonewall yellow was Mainoo. Not the problem of the ref when players commit to stupid challenges.