Rosenborg vs Manchester United (Mon 15th July, 17:00 UK time)

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Venue: Lerkendal Stadion, Trondheim, Norway
Kick off time: 18:00 local, 17:00 UK
Channel: MUTV

Edinburgh_Tour_Annoucement_Article_Header_v21712074116373_large.jpg

What sort of squad will we see this early into preseason?

I assume the main senior players include Mount, Casemiro, AWB, Evans, Lindelof, Maguire, Antony, Rashford and Diallo?
Heck, even Sancho?!

I assume the main senior players include Mount, Casemiro, AWB, Evans, Lindelof, Maguire, Antony, Rashford and Diallo?
Heck, even Sancho?!
Looking at that list I’d be surprised if at least 5 weren’t injured.

Will the young lad we are keeping an eye on be playing, the 17 year old? Saw him saying it was flattered to be linked but he's concentrating on Rosenburg for now.

Heck, even Sancho?!

Evans is currently not contracted as far as I know. And didn’t Case go to the copa? If so he won’t be available.

Onana should be there though.

Also, this game feels weirdly early, the close season has whipped by.

Heck, even Sancho?!
Sancho wll probably be a no-go. Not seen any pictures of him at training. Could be that he's got an extra week off with him playing a week after United's last game so he might not be expected back until next week, or he could have been told to stay away like Greenwood. Him being due back later is probably more likely.

Players pictured in training:
Amad, Antony, Casemiro, Hannibal, Kambwala, Lindelof, Maguire, Mount, Onana, Rashford, Wan Bissaka

Youth: Sonny Aljofree, Harry Amass, Rhys Bennett, Toby Collyer, Will Fish, Elyh Harrison, Joe Hugill, Finlay McAlister, Sam Murray, Habeeb Ogunneye, Maxi Oyedele, James Scanlon, Ethan Wheatley, Ethan Williams

Evans is out of contract.

You'd imagine the pre-season should be a good opportunity for Amass to get a good few minutes. Wheatley too as we are lacking strikers.

Right, I'm going. Intrigued to see what state Rashford is in.

Will the young lad we are keeping an eye on be playing, the 17 year old? Saw him saying it was flattered to be linked but he's concentrating on Rosenburg for now.

Nypan will probably play, he's among the first names on the teamsheet. He's a big United fan. Agent is Pimienta (same as De Ligt).

Sverre Nypan. Has had his minutes managed in recent weeks because of an injury. They've got a league game tomorrow so probably will only get a cameo on Monday.

Nypan will probably play, he's among the first names on the teamsheet. He's a big United fan. Agent is Pimienta (same as De Ligt).
Sverre Nypan. Has had his minutes managed in recent weeks because of an injury. They've got a league game tomorrow so probably will only get a cameo on Monday.

Cheers troops. Will certainly keep an eye out for him regardless, some interesting links. Be good to get another Viking on the books!

Looking forward to seeing which youngster could be the next to breakthrough. Also interested to see how Rashford is going to play.

Very interested in the midfield makeup, weather Ten Hag will keep the huge gaping hole in midfield tactic another try.

Onana
AWB - Kwambala - Lindelöf - Antony
Casemiro - Hannibal
Amad - Mount - Rashford
V. Nistelrooy

Onana
AWB - Kwambala - Lindelöf - Antony
Casemiro - Hannibal
Amad - Mount - Rashford
V. Nistelrooy
Reading through this lineup and realized that we still don't have a left back available as Shaw is at Euros and Malacia is MIA and same with striker with Hojlund off on holidays presumably and Zirkzee not yet signed.

It most probably means Amass and Wheatley will be starting this game and that makes me excited.

Weird to be playing the first friendly of the season a day after a few players have just played the last match of a summer tournament. Don't expect to see Shaw and Mainoo at all in the friendlies.

Weird to be playing the first friendly of the season a day after a few players have just played the last match of a summer tournament. Don't expect to see Shaw and Mainoo at all in the friendlies.

There are plenty of the first team that didn't play in any tournament. The first few pre season games will be for them and the rest of the squad will be filled by youth prospects. The first league game of the season is only 31 days after the Rosenborg game. It is only in Norway which is only a few hours on an aeroplane. The pre season tour in the USA is on the 27th July.

There is a lot of work to be done before the season starts, so getting as many players up to speed with tactics and playing style as soon as possible is a good thing. Sooner rather than later.

Onana
AWB - Kambwala - Lindelöf - Amass
Casemiro - Collyer
Amad - Mount - Rashford
Wheatley

Rosenborg just lost 4-1 against a relegation-threatened team, so I think we have a chance here.

Not popular amongst the Rosenborg supporters, this match.