Ronaldo | Refused to come on as sub, left OT | Axed from squad for Chelsea & fined 2 weeks wages

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reality hit him hard. No club wants him. Only Sporting, but they cant pay him 500k

Well if his 500m or so insta fans donated 10pounds each, they can form a charity fund and buyout a CL club for him to be president, manager and star player all in one. A fair few here in the cafe will donate more than their monthly salary I am sure

"At first I was afraid, I became shite
Kept thinking I would never play with Ten Hag in charge
Then I spent so many nights thinking how he's done me wrong
Then I grow strong, it was Saudi all along"

Make it happen.
Nice!

I agree nobody is above the club but there is no Manchester United of today without the past United greats whose stunning careers at this club earned them legendary status. Sir Matt Busby, George Best, Sir Bobby Charlton, Sir Alex, Eric Cantona, Cristiano, etc. Remind yourself Cristiano is the greatest player ever to play for Manchester United. He deserves the utmost respect of everyone associated with the club including our current manager. You may not like him, his attitude, his on-field drama, his over ambitious displays and all, but I don't think it is right to forget what hes done and achieved at this club and disrespect him. Consistently, for many years he's put smiles on our faces, and left us fans in awe of his outstanding performances, hence, being referred to, arguably, as the greatest of all time. Some people say "he doesn't play for the team", "he's a selfish player", but he's the second player with the highest number of assists in football history, after Messi, much more number of assists than the likes of Xavi, Iniesta, Cesc, Modric...etc. It's always been Cristiano pushing himself to be better, and he has done so well surpassing any legend, dead or alive. We can't just overlook all that, and ridicule him for his recent mistakes. Cristiano has nothing to prove to ETH, at this age. He was our top scorer last season for God sake. He deserves to start games for United ahead of these players who are the biggest contributors of our longest trophy drought in half a century. If you're not seeing the obvious and seriously worrying poor performance of the other attacking young players at United, especially Rashford and Sancho, and have chosen to single out a 37 year old legend, who at his age gave his all for United, for the game, for the teammates, for the fans, and for himself, then you need to sincerely ask yourself, "why exactly am I hating?"

Nope, not even close if we are talking all time.

Hope he plays tomorrow and scores, we need options up front that are firing.
Has he properly apologised yet? If not then feck no.

We should keep our standards and back ETH. Bending over will make him look weak and us a joke. You don't apologise you should not even be in the squad. I'd rather give that game time to some youngsters. Probably it'd be much better football wise too. He's been simply shit whenever he plays. Can't be worse.

The number of news stories regarding Ronaldo it's hard to know what's real and what's made up anymore.

If clubs were interested in the summer and we didn't let him leave we only have ourselves to blame for his tantrums as that's his personality and they should have known he wouldn't sit back accept a squad role at the club. On the other hand if they've been willing to let him leave and there has been zero interest that tells you everything you need to know about the current Cristiano Ronaldo.

I think this is going to be a new trend in football, global superstars being that powerful they end up playing well beyond their sell by date. The evidence of the last few years is there to see, Ronaldo, Ibra and Ribery have all continued playing when I think in previous era's they'd have retired with more grace. I can see the likes of Mbappe and Haaland playing well into their 30's as well as the money and fame with elevate their ego enough to think they deserve to play based on what they've achieved previously in their careers.

I'm fed up with reading Ronaldo deserves more respect. I don't think respect should come in a starting spot for any player, respect is given by the fans appreciation.

Has he properly apologised yet? If not then feck no.

We should keep our standards and back ETH. Bending over will make him look weak and us a joke. You don't apologise you should not even be in the squad. I'd rather give that game time to some youngsters. Probably it'd be much better football wise too. He's been simply shit whenever he plays. Can't be worse.
I think his head is too far up his own arse to apologise publicly. He might have done so privately though.

If he'll score fan will cheer. I dont even think he'll start but if he does start maybe he'll score. I hope from a 2nd or 3rd chance so players dont have to feed him the whole night.

You know thats what they will do. They did the same thing at Juve.

You know thats what they will do. They did the same thing at Juve.
Unfortunately yes. But maybe ETH will have him on the bench to send a message. Like if we sorted everything out you'll be all right with starting on the bench.

The number of news stories regarding Ronaldo it's hard to know what's real and what's made up anymore.

If clubs were interested in the summer and we didn't let him leave we only have ourselves to blame for his tantrums as that's his personality and they should have known he wouldn't sit back accept a squad role at the club. On the other hand if they've been willing to let him leave and there has been zero interest that tells you everything you need to know about the current Cristiano Ronaldo.

I think this is going to be a new trend in football, global superstars being that powerful they end up playing well beyond their sell by date. The evidence of the last few years is there to see, Ronaldo, Ibra and Ribery have all continued playing when I think in previous era's they'd have retired with more grace. I can see the likes of Mbappe and Haaland playing well into their 30's as well as the money and fame with elevate their ego enough to think they deserve to play based on what they've achieved previously in their careers.

I'm fed up with reading Ronaldo deserves more respect. I don't think respect should come in a starting spot for any player, respect is given by the fans appreciation.

I see what you did there. Well played.

That ol' story abot him getting botox injection in his peashooter!

Unfortunately yes. But maybe ETH will have him on the bench to send a message. Like if we sorted everything out you'll be all right with starting on the bench.

The thing s that WTH needs to develop muscle memory in the team/squad -- the approach of constant pressure/attacking, with pressing & counter-pressing, more verticality etc.

If he plays Ronaldo in this upcoming match, it's hardly going to help develop or solidify that muscle memory. I would sit him down but at the same time, we need to rest the current 11.
The mistake ETH made, and its probably 20/20 hindsight is to have played more of the kids earlier to help them get into that rhythm. And help out in this match.

I hope he isnt in the squad.. He can stay at home..
Someone can probably push him over in training so he gets a reason to sit at home injured for a few weeks.

The thing s that WTH needs to develop muscle memory in the team/squad -- the approach of constant pressure/attacking, with pressing & counter-pressing, more verticality etc.

If he plays Ronaldo in this upcoming match, it's hardly going to help develop or solidify that muscle memory. I would sit him down but at the same time, we need to rest the current 11.
The mistake ETH made, and its probably 20/20 hindsight is to have played more of the kids earlier to help them get into that rhythm. And help out in this match.
I agree. But I think he didnt play much of the kids cause we needed to secure 1st spot in EL and still do. Then again playing one or 2 younguns wouldn't be any problem. If anything Ronaldo has played too much even. So all that bollocks about him not playing is just that, bollocks.

I agree. But I think he didnt play much of the kids cause we needed to secure 1st spot in EL and still do. Then again playing one or 2 younguns wouldn't be any problem. If anything Ronaldo has played too much even. So all that bollocks about him not playing is just that, bollocks.

If he starts we can almost be certain that it will be a night & day playing performance to the past few matches. Ronaldo will want the team to play to his strength and ignore the ETH way.

I think his head is too far up his own arse to apologise publicly. He might have done so privately though.
The problem with this is he publicly disrespected ETH and the club. Even if he did apologise privately it's still not enough. People especially his fans will say ETH and United had to bend over because of the pressure from his fanbase, his friends, the media etc. or his 'power'. It doesn't change anything if he only did it privately.

Imo if he had the fecking nerve to publicly intentionally disrespect ETH and the club he should also has the nerve to apologise publicly. And who gives a feck about his damn ego. No public apologise no game. For me it's as simple as that.

Again, I'd rather give that game time for a youngster. Maybe we'll find a new Rashford. He had his breakthrough game only because all our strikers were unavailable.

He'll buckle up till WC I reckon and then when he leaves he will tell The truths.

I agree nobody is above the club but there is no Manchester United of today without the past United greats whose stunning careers at this club earned them legendary status. Sir Matt Busby, George Best, Sir Bobby Charlton, Sir Alex, Eric Cantona, Cristiano, etc. Remind yourself Cristiano is the greatest player ever to play for Manchester United. He deserves the utmost respect of everyone associated with the club including our current manager. You may not like him, his attitude, his on-field drama, his over ambitious displays and all, but I don't think it is right to forget what hes done and achieved at this club and disrespect him. Consistently, for many years he's put smiles on our faces, and left us fans in awe of his outstanding performances, hence, being referred to, arguably, as the greatest of all time. Some people say "he doesn't play for the team", "he's a selfish player", but he's the second player with the highest number of assists in football history, after Messi, much more number of assists than the likes of Xavi, Iniesta, Cesc, Modric...etc. It's always been Cristiano pushing himself to be better, and he has done so well surpassing any legend, dead or alive. We can't just overlook all that, and ridicule him for his recent mistakes. Cristiano has nothing to prove to ETH, at this age. He was our top scorer last season for God sake. He deserves to start games for United ahead of these players who are the biggest contributors of our longest trophy drought in half a century. If you're not seeing the obvious and seriously worrying poor performance of the other attacking young players at United, especially Rashford and Sancho, and have chosen to single out a 37 year old legend, who at his age gave his all for United, for the game, for the teammates, for the fans, and for himself, then you need to sincerely ask yourself, "why exactly am I hating?"

Dear Cristiano,
I wrote you but you still ain't callin'
I left my cell, my pager, and my home phone at the bottom

Cristiano is one of those rare footballers that make the history books. I don't think it would be too hard for ETH not to provoke him by ordering him to warm up for half the game only to ridicule him in the final minute by asking him to come in. Also against City, 4-0 down and not letting him in shows that ETH is not treating him respectfully. That said, Ronaldo is also at fault with his reaction but yes some players are indeed entitled to have demands. 5 Ballon d'or, record top scorer at club and international level, the only Ballon d’or winner from the PL in my lifetime, and countless individual records does create a rightful sense of entitlement. Let alone the fact that it's in this United forward line that he demands some play time and not City.

Cristiano is a big part of our history and as a Utd fan I adore the man. The thing that baffles me about this whole saga is why didn’t they just let Ronaldo leave in the summer when he wanted??

I still think Cristiano can score goals for this team, especially given the current forward line which is struggling bigtime to make an impact. Defenders are snuffing them out too easily. Rashford and Sancho are still far from the mark of what they should be. Martial is always injured. I think the best utilisation for Cristiano would be to say to him we are going to play pressing football by default and you don't have the legs to do that anymore but we need you for a very dangerous plan B where when we are struggling to break a team down we completely switch to a long ball counter attack style play with you getting on the end of balls against tired defenders. Cristiano would have scored the chances Rashford squandered against Newcastle and Chelsea.

Reports said that no CL team wanted him and he don't want to move to other non CL team, also at his age, I don't think other one will pay his high salary except us. So the club (SAF?)was given everything to him because he was our history before. But, he didn't respected the club, his teammate, manager and the fans when he leave during the match
Also, I don't think he will accept any tactics who is not suit him. He is crying to ask a tactic suiting him to let Ronaldo himself be a starter every matches, no matter what result and performance of the team.
Then, he may score Rashford chances if he had that chance, but I doubt him t hat can he catches any Rashford chance to shoot the ball?His speed and ability is dropped significantly this season

I hope he realises the error of his ways and does not believe the words of his die hard/paid followers on social media that he is somehow in the right.

Ideally they work out a deal and Ronaldo starts the games against Sheriff , Sociedad and Villa in the League cup, and he's on the bench for the important PL games. The media frenzy dies down and then after the WC Ronaldo is released.

He doesn't want to be here and I'd guess ETH would be happy to get rid of him.

I hope he realises the error of his ways and does not believe the words of his die hard/paid followers on social media that he is somehow in the right.

To realize his mistakes, one needs to stop thinking that the world revolves around him. You can see what he thinks he deserves when his own sister publicly responds to a fanboy's inquiry about replacing ETH with a manager of Ronaldo's liking by saying:"Sadly, we are past that". Sadly...

Wanna bet that, when/if Messi surpasses his goal records, he's going to blame United for treating him unfairly and putting hurdles in his way for a whole season?

He could be helping out the club in this new beginning with his experience and work ethic. Instead, he's chosen to be toxic by making it all about himself. He should be thanking the gods United are mild in their reactions and usually let tensions deflate with time.

"At first I was afraid, I became shite
Kept thinking I would never play with Ten Hag in charge
Then I spent so many nights thinking how he's done me wrong
Then I grow strong, it was Saudi all along"

Make it happen.
Go on now go, walk out the door
Just turn around now, 'cause you're not welcome anymore ..

If Ten Hag plays him, then it's over and I'll support him.

If Ten Hag plays him, then it's over and I'll support him.
Think he has started every Europa game. That was never actually part of the problem. It's mostly from his reduced role in league games.

Just read how Martial is still injured, so the truth is that until he's left the club then it makes sense to use him as required. We're not remotely close to a situation where we could say he's so far down the pecking order that it'll be fine to freeze him out. Not to mention how much more of a distraction that would be compared with what it's already like now.

My hope is he rediscovers goal scoring form now, to somewhat outweigh his inability to press as much as Rashford.
At least then we'll have opposing options up front... 1 that can run but not a clinical finisher, and 1 that can't run but takes his chances.

And Best went AWOL. They all have flaws.

Everyone has flaws, yes. But you need to scratch a bit deeper. Best was sick, and it eventually killed him. Despite that he wrote an actual heartfelt apology. Also his best years were here. Not all flaws are equal.

He should be very far down the pecking order becuase we play better without him. Bruno and Dalot to name just two are totally different beasts when Ronaldo plays. The whole team operates differently when he’s on the pitch.

I bet he starts manana, mainly to give players a rest and a little bit of an olive branch. If not he will get 30 or so minutes.

Not saying I agree.....

Last edited:
First:
Ronaldo has had one of the best careers in football. At his peak he was one of the most prolific goalscorers we have seen.

Second:
Despite him being our top scorer last season (He was our starting striker after all), we got worse in every measurable team-parameter with him since he came back last season. I sprayed last seasons Ronaldo thread with evidence and numbers, so I won't do that again, yet. Point is that playing with Ronaldo up top makes/made us worse as a team, despite him scoring like a decent striker. The whole team performs worse, creates fewer chances, concedes more chances, score fewer goals, wins fewer points and so on for every team parameter with him on the pitch.
What he's done in the past has no value for us on the pitch now. We got the 37 year old guy who cares more for himself than the team, runs less, presses less, scores less, assists less, loses the ball more, overloads his teammates more, waves his arms more and demands to be the focal point just as much as the prime version of him. It's just a bad match right now.

Remind yourself Cristiano is the greatest player ever to play for Manchester United. He deserves the utmost respect of everyone associated with the club including our current manager
You wash your mouth out with that kind of language. They guy isn’t even considered a legend of the club by a healthy portion of fans let alone the greatest player! His development culminating in that amazing season was great to watch…but you don’t gain respect and legendary status within a club for being the best player in the world/history at another club!

He was never here because he loved the club and I would argue that his bond with Ferguson is stronger than any attachment to the club or it’s fans. By your logic Ronaldinho is in conversation for the greatest player to ever play for AC Milan.

I don’t even rate him as a legend. A legend gives everything for the badge, the fans and must embody the passion of the fans in some way on the pitch. Ronny is a legend of the game…that doesn’t automatically guarantee him respect at any club…you still have to earn and keep that. He hasn’t done anything in particular that would give him a pass on this or on his general poor performances since his return.

The best ever to play for utd my unclean arse.

Ronaldo can do one.

You wash your mouth out with that kind of language. They guy isn’t even considered a legend of the club by a healthy portion of fans let alone the greatest player! His development culminating in that amazing season was great to watch…but you don’t gain respect and legendary status within a club for being the best player in the world/history at another club!

He was never here because he loved the club and I would argue that his bond with Ferguson is stronger than any attachment to the club or it’s fans. By your logic Ronaldinho is in conversation for the greatest player to ever play for AC Milan.

I don’t even rate him as a legend. A legend gives everything for the badge, the fans and must embody the passion of the fans in some way on the pitch. Ronny is a legend of the game…that doesn’t automatically guarantee him respect at any club…you still have to earn and keep that. He hasn’t done anything in particular that would give him a pass on this or on his general poor performances since his return.

Weird post. Cristiano was probably the 3rd or 4th best player in the world for his boy of work over his last 3 seasons here before leaving for Madrid. Ronaldinho had one good year at Milan, and wasn't a top 5 player in the world or anything.

Obviously he's gotta go now though, or try to salvage the season by accepting a squad role AND learning how to play for Ten Hag, his link play and dropping deep has been tough to watch.

The Sporting link is interesting and it would be a way to keep up his Champions League goal scoring ambitions, however there's no guarantee Sporting will even be in the CL in January so next year looks more likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.