Roman Abramovich plans to sell Chelsea | SOLD for £4.25BN

It's the same interested parties as before according that article, which unfortunately includes the Jets owner.
They would have expected this though? It’s the entire reason Roman is selling!

Chelsea can't be buy
tenor.gif

Wonder how long it will take all their fans to find their old West Ham and Fulham shirts.
Always makes me laugh when people say this. If we are all fans who jump on the back of success then why the feck would we have been supporting West Ham or Fulham beforehand.

While we're on the subject what made you decide to support the 20 times Champions of England?

Force majeure, you'd think.

They can't expect to be compensated (by Chelsea) in a case like this.
Thinking about it I don’t know what happens now if Chelsea can’t receive sponsor money? Is it even paid in one lump sum per year?

Surprised nobody has worked this out yet. Surely we would be the most to gain from it? :lol:

I think we would get Two more Premiership wins and Arsenal and Spurs would get one each

Hope they get Michael Knighton as the new owner

They’re probably going to call the European super league up and ask to get in.

Some consortium will buy Chelsea at a huge discount to flip them later. Chelsea being cheap isn’t good news for Chelsea, it allows the sharks in
Even that will keep us relatively competitive as they would want to maximize their profit. Us diving down the league would make no business sense for the new owners.

Granted ambition wise they would probably settle for UCL finishes (then it will be down to hoping Tuchel can be successful inspite of the owners ala Klopp and Fergie) but still.

Love that you've taken this better than a lot of other Chelsea fans in terms of their stance. Props to you

Thanks mate. We have no control over what happens to our clubs. Can only take it in stride and hope for a good outcome.

They’re probably going to call the European super league up and ask to get in.

The way forward is a system in which teams are ranked by how evil their owners are:

Hitler owns you? That's level A. Level A teams have to score at least four goals more than the opposition in order to register a win.

Slightly dodgy businessman owns you? Depending on the exact circumstances - let's say level E for that one. You can get away with playing under more or less normal rules - IF you only serve organically grown food in yer cafeteria.

And so forth.

Also has delusions that he understands sports and so involves himself in recruitment and player decisions that are completely beyond his comprehension.
And he always knows just the wrong coach for every situation.

They say each bit of happiness that we recieve in life is in the form of a debt... it must be paid back eventually.

Chelsea are paying the price for all the happiness they had received these past years.

Pardon my ignorance, but just how bad is the Jets owner?

The worst. He gets involved with aspects of the team he knows nothing about and totally messes it up.

I thought the wild ride was over when Lampard was sacked. It is going to be a fun spring for sure.

If they get Mike Ashley in before the Norwich game, I'm sure he'll be able to sort them out with a few blue tshirts from Dunlop and Lonsdale.