Film Ridley Scott is making Gladiator 2

Storyline looks more like a remake than a sequel, but I love the original and it was a must on the big screen at the time so looking forward to it nonetheless.

NINTCHDBPICT000563919346.jpg

Nothing less than 100 piece orchestra for trailer music, that's the Gladiator fandom's demand.

Just noticed that the dopey kid from season one of White Lotus (the one that was sent to sleep on the beach) is apparently one of the villains in Gladiator 2.

Much better trailer than the first, but it basically looks like a remake rather than a sequel.

I’m usually a big fan of Mescal but his delivery seems a bit off. Will be interesting to see if he can actually pull off a big blockbuster role.

I love how all of Rome's buildings, pillars, obelisks and arches are pale white and colourless as though they're ancient. :lol:

Is it so hard to get a decent historian in to put some colour on the monuments? Amateur hour.

I love how all of Rome's buildings, pillars, obelisks and arches are pale white and colourless as though they're ancient. :lol:

Is it so hard to get a decent historian in to put some colour on the monuments? Amateur hour.
I suppose they're going with what people think it looked like compared to what it actually looked like.

Was the same with the first and considering all the other inaccuracies in there then it's fair enough.

Much better trailer than the first, but it basically looks like a remake rather than a sequel.

I’m usually a big fan of Mescal but his delivery seems a bit off. Will be interesting to see if he can actually pull off a big blockbuster role.

His accent is weird. I wonder what he’s going for?

Also. Those CGI apes look terrible.

It looks a bit like he regrets not having gone ham enough on the Colosseum battles and wanted more animals and ships and stuff so did it again but bigger and sillier? And yes the zombie ape things are an error.

Also, I know it's dumb but given they normally put on English accents to show they're olde timee, Denzel stands out as being very American. I think he might end up being a poor casting choice.