Gaming Resident Evil 2 (PC, all good consoles & Xbox) - £8.74 on PS Store

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Really looking forward to this. One of my favourite RE's (though in truth I think 1-4 are all great), anybody else a fan of the series? Due for release in January 2019, so not too long to wait.

Best of the old series resident evil.

Love how 1 car different doors diverge into 2 storylines.

They dont make it like this no more. I just hope they tone down the puzzle abit. It's amazing that leon was armed with a rocket launcher and he still need a key to open a wooden door

Huge fan of the series and Resident Evil 2 is my favourite. They seem to have done some real work on this too, and not just put a little polish on the original. It looks great.

Loved this series back in the day. They ruined it with some of the later releases but this and some other releases (Cyberpunk, Red Dead 2 etc) are making me want to buy a console again.

Brilliant games.

Used to love Resident Evil and Silent Hill.

Loved this series back in the day. They ruined it with some of the later releases but this and some other releases (Cyberpunk, Red Dead 2 etc) are making me want to buy a console again.
They did although the later shite ones sold a ton. Even with RES 7 and the whole bringing it back to the horror elements I'm pretty sure it didn't sell as well as 5 or 6.

Despite all the other great looking games coming out this is top of my wanted list. I love old school RE. Playing through REmake again a couple of times in the last few years was a delight.

They have talked about remaking the REmake like the RE2 remake. I know that was an awful sentence, but if they did it and made it look as good as this one then I'd buy it again. I'd also love them to do Code Veronica and RE3. They've already got the Claire model sorted for Code Veronica.

Huge fan. Can't wait for this to be released. The 1 and 0 ports were pretty decent and this is a full on remake.

Was my favourite RE. Can’t wait to get it

Loved the first two. Still some of my favourite gaming moments stem from them and silent hill.

Playing all these games out of sequence. Played RE4 for the first time last year. Picked up RE7 earlier this year. Never finished RE1 and bought the Remake the other day so starting that this week.

No love for 3:Nemesis? Loved that one.
That's the one I played the most, it was great. I remember Nemesis randomly popping up in rooms and corridors, growling STARS. That was usually when I started panicking. I loved 2 as well, though I didn't play it as much as 3. It seems they put a great deal of effort in this remake so I'm definitely getting this.

Is 1 the mansion one? And 2 where you go into a police station at the start?
I still don't know how much I enjoy RE games, as I still can't be arsed with jump scares. Completed 1 with a mate, and have love/hate memories about it :lol:

I still don't know how much I enjoy RE games, as I still can't be arsed with jump scares. Completed 1 with a mate, and have love/hate memories about it :lol:
Yep.
I loved the second one at the time.

How can you not love 1 and it's voice acting.

It's funny how I never noticed it when playing the game (even the remaster recently) but that's truly some The Room level acting. :lol:

- Jill, you're here too?
- Yes, you're here too?

- Chris, you're alive?
- My words exactly!

It's anything but great! 5 and 6 were low points of the series.

I can still play and enjoy 5, but it's absurd. Your plane crash lands in a volcano ffs.
5 was just about bearable for me.
6 was absolute pants and the only one to date I didn't finish.

5 was just about bearable for me.
6 was absolute pants and the only one to date I didn't finish.

Yeah 5 is OK, I try not to treat it as a RE game though, more an action game. It's decent and enough fun, but was a let down, especially following 4 which was near perfect.

Less said about 6 the better. I did finish it when I got it but never been back to it. It was just a clusterfeck. Waiting to get 7 back off my brother as I still haven't played that yet (Well I played the first hour or so).

When I used to play Resident evil and got bored I'd have a habit of wandering around to attract as many zombies as I could and then just let them eat Jill. :lol:

To be fair I love survival horror. So when the series moved away from that I hated it. Res evil 7 brought it back to the survival horror genre and I loved it.

Yeah that seems to be a common trend among the people who don't like it. I can totally understand it however given how much I loved the old GTA games.