Renato Sanches joins Bayern

But the Benfica official site is saying something completely different.

See Sly's translation.
You are misreading it. They are saying the total additional amount of bonuses is 45. Not the overall fee.

I know what you mean, but the club had always denied interest in Gaitan. If you bothered to follow the Sanches story, English journos on Twitter have said the club itself said it was in discussions with Benfica.
Oh you sure showed me, their record is impeccable with United's transfer dealings! :lol: :lol:
Do you think their sources are the same ones that said Maureen was a done deal, then that we hadn't made an offer yet 48 hours later?

I'm also amazed we're still playing Blind at centre half with Benatia in the squad.

No matter what everybody says, this is a blow for us. He will be a great player.

Having watched him a handful of times I'll temper my comments but to be perfect honest, he looks like he has all the tools to do very well. Strong, confident and looked like a player older than his years - very much like Martial in fact.

Not to want young, hungry players with something to prove is bizarre. The club can easily afford to take risks on players like this and frankly, Bayern not being a side who regularly blow mega-money on unproven players I think that says a lot about what they felt he was worth, and more about what he's going to be worth in the future.

If United have watched him 24 times and talked with his agent this is utterly, utterly embarrassing. It sums this administration up - a very obvious inability to make decisions
Only if you are completely sure that they are going to make it, or if you can get them on cheap. Spending that much money on them is bad, in any other circumstance.

If the 80m price is true, then you can add an extra bit and get Pogba, who is already a top player. Or you can even tempt Madrid for Kroos, who IMO is exactly what we need. Even 45m euros seems to much for me.

What Bayern does is a bit irrelevant IMO. They have this reputation of being the perfectly managed team (and they are very well managed), but they make a ton of errors like any other club. Maybe Sanches will work, maybe not, and I actually have no idea on that, but I can understand United's position for not wanting to spend all these money in a gamble, especially after all the money that we spent, we are still in a mess.

This summer window IMO should be all about quick fixes, and so proven players. Go for the likes of Griezmann, Ibra, Godin, Koke, Kroos and similar, and hope to get some of them. We have already a very good bunch of kids who can become top players, so for the moment we need to complement it with already top players (something that we are severely lacking on), because we cannot afford an another season or two like the last three seasons.

@K2K

Mais se informa que no acordo estão previstos valores adicionais, num montante global de € 45.000.000 (quarenta e cinco milhões de euros), dependentes da concretização de objetivos contratualizados e a ocorrerem até 30 de junho de 2021.

O Conselho de Administração

We also inform that aditional values are predicted in the deal, in global sum of 45 million euros, depending on the achievement of certain objectives in contract and occuring until 30 june 2021

The board of administration.
Thanks

As I stated in the previous thread, I'm really not fussed, there are other better options for the money. €80m for him is madness, he's still very raw and considering our level, I maintain that we need players who can perform immediately. Bayern are well stocked in midfield, so the lad can take his time to find his bearing, he'll need to have started producing immediately at United and he is simply not ready for that. A good move
for him. Let's look elsewhere. You can bash Woodward or United all you want, but this time, I'm on the side of the club. We were willing to pay €60m for Martial and did it pretty quickly, I think not signing Renato was not down to Woodward/or United being incompetent.

Could all be very true but people have agendas so.

Well that's a lot of money if Bayern have to pay something around 80m Euros! He might be super talented but for that amount you could get an established top class player. We did that last season with Martial and it turned out great - let's see if that happens again.

But it's clear to see that Bayern work exactly the same way as they did for the last few years. Wish United would have such a clear, proper game plan

Sorry for asking that, but does that mean the global sum of 45m Euros could be added? Or that the global sum of the transfer could be 45m ? It's really not 100% clear to me? Thanks for translating by the way.
Everyone on twitter (portuguese people and all that) saying its €80m Total, 35m initial.... bit out of character for Bayern to throw that much at any player. Especially one who is 18 and who is more impressive physically rather then technically... we'll see how it turns out. I'm still hoping you end up signing Pjanic but with this it seems a bit more unlikely.

Nope. You can cut the bs. I did my assessment of him from his time playing for us and again was pretty spot on for his inability to play as LB even countering an article from a portuguese reporter from the DN who said that he was a LB. I mean it was pretty easy for any Sporting fan to see since he played 99% of the time as CB so you can stop your bs. Yes, i lost plenty of time on this forum, translating articles and giving my opinion about his time at Sporting, helping out United fans who were asking me stuff, if you don't like it just ignore. I don't have time to put up with your pseudo bs.

"Like i have already said, this is a very big compliment from a manager like Simeone : Atletico Madrid coach Diego Simeone: “Rojo won the hearts of the Argentines at the World Cup. He was very good both attacking and defending. [Alejandro] Sabella put his trust in him and he responded really well. He had an excellent World Cup and was the best left-back among the four semi-finalists.”

"Very good analysis. I specially agree with this: "Rojo is affordable, has the talent, and crucially, wants to play for the manager and the club at a time when more illustrious targets are turning their noses up. Such desire is priceless, and should United land their man, the fans may well have a new South American hero to cheer on into thunderous tackles down the left flank."

"Heh mate i´m just expressing my opinion and i genuinely believe Rojo can become a good player for United. It´s not like you can complain about the players that came from my club to yours. Ronaldo is well Ronaldo and Nani although he´s obviously struggling in the last two years, scored a succesful penalty in your Champions League conquest and was influencial in at least one or two league wins. Who knows, perhaps Rojo can help United to some silverware. The commitment and work rate will be there and that´s a certain"

"

Nobody? You can talk for everyone? Lemme ask you this, did you knew Vidic before he signed for United? I´m willing to bet you didn´t."

"

Rojo has interesting caracteristics and can be an important player. There some negativity but i think (if he moves) that he will adapt to english football. He isn´t Hummels but i think that Van Gaal can be an important factor in his evolution. I´d be willing to bet that in a year he will be one of the fan favourites here. He gives it it all for the club, he just has to refrain from his ocasional brain farts and disciplinary problems."

Just a few random ones when searching for tour posts in the rojo transfer thread. In my country these type of responses are qualified as "endorsing" a player... Calm down and don't lie. We all make mistakes. Just now giant ones like this.

You've probably answered it about 1000times on the Caf in the Sanches transfar sage, so sorry for asking you again, but what's your take on him? Why don't you rate him that highly? Is it just a maturity thing or a lack of ability? Feel free to copy an old post of yours or tell me to feck off because you've wrote it already so often, I'd understand that ;).

It was not a question of not rating him that highly, it's a question of being rational. Look i gave him plenty of merit and even praised his performance against Bayern. I can't also forget that Benfica had a terrible start of the season and actually started looking better and improved when Sanches entered the team. What i was skeptical about was just the quoted fees and some serious overhyping from the media. As you can see even from supposedly "impartial" Benfica fans (i'm obviously a fan of a rival club), his figure wasn't consensual and he got alot of criticism from Benfica fans and most of them wanted him sold when the price was still high. Now i think he kid has alot of potencial but i think that after just half a season of portuguese league football, asking 80 million euros is silly. Look at Carvalho, he was even better than Sanches in his first year at Sporting and his next two years (bar the EuroU21 where he was player of the tournament and were he schooled the german midfield) were kinda average. Now he's returning to his previous form but he already has 3 years under his belt. I think Bayern did a decent purchase, i just think the price is a bit high but for Bayern i guess it isn't a problem and he will have plenty of time to evolve under a manager like Ancelotti and in a secure Bayern enviroment.

Missing out on Sanches isn't a big deal. The fact that this fits in with an established pattern of transfer dealing we are (or at least should be) unhappy about is. Summer hasn't even started yet ffs.

But the Benfica official site is saying something completely different.

See Sly's translation.

What I understand is that the global value of the bonuses is 45m, not the global value of the transfer.

When Sanches played well against Bayern in the Champions league I had a feeling this would pique their interest and raise his price

This Hagen guy must be on the wind up surely? Scouted 2 times and signed for 35 mil + 45 mil in bonus. This board could explode if it's us that do thing like that.

We had pages of people moaning ~ 60 mil is expensive for this half season sensation talent.

Never even realised we were linked to him

Now Im after seeing the big thread in the transfer forum

:lol: muppets never learn

It was not a question of not rating him that highly, it's a question of being rational. Look i gave him plenty of merit and even praised his performance against Bayern. I can't also forget that Benfica had a terrible start of the season and actually started looking better and improved when Sanches entered the team. What i was skeptical about was just the quoted fees and some serious overhyping from the media. As you can see even from supposedly "impartial" Benfica fans (i'm obviously a fan of a rival club), his figure wasn't consensual and he got alot of criticism from Benfica fans and most of them wanted him sold when the price was still high. Now i think he kid has alot of potencial but i think that after just half a season of portuguese league football, asking 80 million euros is silly. Look at Carvalho, he was even better than Sanches in his first year at Sporting and his next two years (bar the EuroU21 where he was player of the tournament and were he schooled the german midfield) were kinda average. Now he's returning to his previous form but he already has 3 years under his belt. I think Bayern did a decent purchase, i just think the price is a bit high but for Bayern i guess it isn't a problem and he will have plenty of time to evolve under a manager like Ancelotti and in a secure Bayern enviroment.
Thanks. Sounds like it's a bigger gamble than it should be. That being said, if he sucks, we probably won't have to pay more than the 35m. At least I hope that the criteria is somewhat performance related and doesn't include paying Benfica 10m for a league title no matter if he starts regularly or not.

I stand corrected then. If its 80 mil , then its a Bundesliga record signing too.

I dont know what to think anymore.
I agree, I was a huge fan of his, but recently even I was debating if he is really THAT good. His passing is a little lazy at times and his technique isn't that brilliant, he does rely on his physicality a lot. For a potential £50m it really would be a huge risk, I am not surprised in the end we've been unsure.

No doubt at Bayern he's going to improve loads, he will probably be well worth it in the future. I am not sure he is really as good as everybody is making out though.

This. Hansen guy must be on the wind up surely? Scouted 2 times and signed for 35 + 45 in bonus. This board could explode if it's us that do thing like that.
I dont think the two scout thing is true.

"Renato Sanches was already scouted by FC Bayern Munich for a longer period of time," Rummenigge said in an official club press release. "We are delighted to have signed him for our club despite notable international competitors.

For those that can bear this. @Adisa will love this one

Bayern powered by Rolls Royce = Vidal and Sanches
United powered by Hoverboard = Fellaini, Rooney and Carrick

:lol:

Do people really believe Bayern swooped in and we had no idea?
We have some sort of a working relationship with Mendes and if we were interested, people at Benfica knew it too.

There is no way we didnt know of Bayerns offer.. And if we really really wanted him, we have to money to match their offer.

I think we baulked at the price... which, considering how absurdly high it is, I cant blame anyone for.

He might be worth the money in the long run.... But after wasting money on Falcao and Di Maria, I think we should stay away from giving mendes crazy amounts for more players.

Looks a decent player but I can't be too disappointed with this news. We did a similar deal for Martial and it has worked out fantastically well but I'm not sure paying superstar fees for potential is going to pay off in the long run. For every Martial there will be plenty of duds along the way.

"Like i have already said, this is a very big compliment from a manager like Simeone : Atletico Madrid coach Diego Simeone: “Rojo won the hearts of the Argentines at the World Cup. He was very good both attacking and defending. [Alejandro] Sabella put his trust in him and he responded really well. He had an excellent World Cup and was the best left-back among the four semi-finalists.”

"Very good analysis. I specially agree with this: "Rojo is affordable, has the talent, and crucially, wants to play for the manager and the club at a time when more illustrious targets are turning their noses up. Such desire is priceless, and should United land their man, the fans may well have a new South American hero to cheer on into thunderous tackles down the left flank."

"Heh mate i´m just expressing my opinion and i genuinely believe Rojo can become a good player for United. It´s not like you can complain about the players that came from my club to yours. Ronaldo is well Ronaldo and Nani although he´s obviously struggling in the last two years, scored a succesful penalty in your Champions League conquest and was influencial in at least one or two league wins. Who knows, perhaps Rojo can help United to some silverware. The commitment and work rate will be there and that´s a certain"

"

Nobody? You can talk for everyone? Lemme ask you this, did you knew Vidic before he signed for United? I´m willing to bet you didn´t."

"

Rojo has interesting caracteristics and can be an important player. There some negativity but i think (if he moves) that he will adapt to english football. He isn´t Hummels but i think that Van Gaal can be an important factor in his evolution. I´d be willing to bet that in a year he will be one of the fan favourites here. He gives it it all for the club, he just has to refrain from his ocasional brain farts and disciplinary problems."

Just a few random ones when searching for tour posts in the rojo transfer thread. In my country these type of responses are qualified as "endorsing" a player...

Ah more honest posting from the Kevin genius. Eh what about the negatives that i also put there? His concentration lapses, his inconsistency, the fact that at Sporting he wasn't good enough as LB, the position that he almost exclusively plays at United? The fact that he needed a disciplinarian manager like Leonardo Jardim to make it? And you do understand that he entered in the team of the tournament for the World Cup? And that Simeone one of the best defensive managers in the world (of course not as brilliant as Kevin from red cafe but he should know a thing or two) praised him. If he along with Garay was the best CB in the portuguese league that year, what did you expect me to say? I genuinely believed that Rojo could do well in the english league because physically he was a beast for us but obviously the english premier league is a whole new ball game. If even Di Maria who came from Real Madrid failed, why can't a player like Rojo fail as well? Buying players is like a lottery.

I agree, I was a huge fan of his, but recently even I was debating if he is really THAT good. His passing is a little lazy at times and his technique isn't that brilliant, he does rely on his physicality a lot. For a potential £50m it really would be a huge risk, I am not surprised in the end we've been unsure.

No doubt at Bayern he's going to improve loads, he will probably be well worth it in the future. I am not sure he is really as good as everybody is making out though.
True.

If the fee is that high, then there is always a risk. Not every young player will turn out like Martial. Its not even just a talent thing either, there is also the issue of handling expectation.

We were easily miles ahead of Bayern from a footballing side just a few years ago.

This isnt all on Woodward, our decline precedes him, the problem for me is that I dont think he is good enough to get us out of it.

I think apart from a few outlier seasons for either club United and Bayern have been very evenly matched since the late 90's. Until a few years ago, that is. I guarantee you, that tide will turn, though. It always does. Making it into the CL would be a good first step. Believe!