Renato Sanches joins Bayern

slig

Leave Klopp alone!!!
Supports
BVB 09
I would rolling on the floor laughing if that turns out to be true. Imagine Rolex-Kalle looking on the passport of Renate and make his wellknown beautiful dumb face.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Thomas Müller has looked like 30 the last 10 years. Schweinsteiger looks 50 since he joined United.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
So, a guy a named Guy Roux claim he is actually 23 years old, I haven't found any English source for it but here is the article in Swedish, use Google translate if you are interested:

http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/fotboll/landslagsfotboll/em2016/article23121872.ab

Bruno De Carvalho has also claimed that Renato Sanches is lying regarding his age, due to his parents getting separated and getting back together when Sanches was five, and his birth date being "reset" when they got back together.

Edit: FFS this is already getting discussed, I didn't realize since I just posted from the first page of the thread without bothering to read the last few pages.

Last edited:

Anustart89

So, a guy a named Guy Roux which is Renato Sanches former trainer claim he is actually 23 years old, I haven't found any English source for it but here is the article in Swedish, use Google translate if you are interested:

http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/fotboll/landslagsfotboll/em2016/article23121872.ab

Bruno De Carvalho has also claimed that Renato Sanches is lying regarding his age, due to his parents getting separated when he was five year olds and getting back together when Sanches was five, and his birth date being "reset" when they got back together.

Edit: FFS this is already getting discussed, I didn't realize since I just posted from the first page of the thread without bothering to read the last few pages.
Separated between the ages of 5 and 5? Sounds like they were on a break (Rossandrachel.gif)

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
So, a guy a named Guy Roux which is Renato Sanches former trainer claim he is actually 23 years old
I don't think Guy Roux was ever Sanches' coach? As far as I know he never coached outside of France.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Edited for your pleasure.
You are right, Sir. Auxerre and Lens.

Nevertheless it is starting to become a fair few claiming this now. But I agree with the posters claiming that his face doesn't look 23-24 at all.

But on another note, why should all of these guys claim this? No smoke without a fire and all that.

TJSF

Supports
Benfica
Guy Roux is not his former trainer, so that's a lie. Just watch www.youtube.com/watch?v=9790UvZCk3w
Does it look like a player 5 years ahead of his age?
Diário de Noticias published a story in March which said "Renato registered at age 5", and basically, the news were that his parents just registered him in 2002, with Renato's birthday correctly dated as being born in August 1997. It's just a smokescreen because Renato came from Benfica's academy, and that's a big no no in Portugal.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich

Nevertheless it is starting to become a fair few claiming this now. But I agree with the posters claiming that his face doesn't look 23-24 at all.

But on another note, why should all of these guys claim this? No smoke without a fire and all that.
I'd take something Guy Roux says as seriously as I take things Pele or Beckenbauer say. Why would a 77year old former French manager who retired a decade ago know specifics about the true age of a 18 year old Portuguese player? Sounds to me as if he's just spouting bullshit.

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast
When was his birth cert officially signed, i ask this because unlike the Africans who forged there birth certs later in there life, i imagine it would be quite hard to forge it in Portugal and how would it benefit him when he was 8 or 9, its not like his parents knew he was going to be a footballer at that age.

RedCurry

It's unfortunate how some people just speak out of their ass without backing it up with anything. When you're accusing someone of cheating you need to present some hard documents. These comments don't even deserve discussion without it.

Classical Mechanic

Guy Roux is not his former trainer, so that's a lie. Just watch www.youtube.com/watch?v=9790UvZCk3w
Does it look like a player 5 years ahead of his age?
Diário de Noticias published a story in March which said "Renato registered at age 5", and basically, the news were that his parents just registered him in 2002, with Renato's birthday correctly dated as being born in August 1997. It's just a smokescreen because Renato came from Benfica's academy, and that's a big no no in Portugal.
Aye. You could even say that he looks young for his age group in that video.

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto

There's no "fair few" anything, it's absolutely ridiculous. There was one newspaper who reported that Renato Sanches had been registered in 2002 as a 5 year old despite having been born in 1997 (and they had documents sustaining it was true he was born in 1997). Then a few other newspapers just cited this.

What followed were the masses of idiots who can't read or think logically (this isn't even complex enough to be called a maths problems) and read the above as some suggestion he wasn't in fact born in 2002 but was rather born in 1997, which meant he was in fact 5 years older than what he is. That is not only poor reading, as is poor reasoning as well, as if they were pretending he was born in 2002 (which they weren't) that would make Renato 13 years old, not 18 :lol:

There were blog posts and facebook things about this idiocy, with people believing they were facing a scandal. The only things the newspaper was reporting was just that Renato wasn't registered when he was born but 5 years later - as a 5 year old (and there's a logic explanation for this). Bruno Carvalho just followed through on the non-sense.

This was in March. Now I suspect some idiot foreign newspaper found that idiocy on the internet and decided it was worth making the story viral again. There's no smoke, just idiots.

Besides, it's so easy to prove. He's grown in the age of TV and internet, there are pictures and records of him everywhere, there are interviews of him in BenficaTV with 13 years old (looking obviously like a 13 year old). This picture, for example, was taken at a game against Porto three years ago (him being 15). He doesn't look a day older than his colleagues:

This story is just another reminder of how thick people can be. Particularly when they are biased against something (initial blogs and facebooks were mostly by Sporting fans, and even their president joined the stupidity).

Last edited:

Trizy

Also has a few music videos up on youtube. Sounds like he has good-ish English.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Looks like we dodged a bullet here. Has loads of potential for a 13 year old, but now I'm hearing the fecker is really 18...absurd. Let's all laugh at Bayern watching this old man jog around their midfield next season. Benfica really pulled a fast one.

TJSF

Supports
Benfica
Just to add a little more. It's entirely plausible the reason to only register him at age 5. If their parents didn't get along and the father left, the mother could not register him. She literally could not just go to the Register services and just throw the name of the father in there. The father had to confirm, because in Portugal you can't register a baby without a father. If the father is unknown, legal procedures, including DNA tests, must be done to identify him.
Also, to register him, the mother must have a birth certificate, with that weeks of birth, length, weight, etc. She would have needed to forge that...and obviously, potentially lose social aid.
A smokescreen created by Sporting and their lunatic president, so they could win the league. Try to destabilize Renato, who was Benfica sole option for the central midfield role.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Just to add a little more. It's entirely plausible the reason to only register him at age 5. If their parents didn't get along and the father left, the mother could not register him. She literally could not just go to the Register services and just throw the name of the father in there. The father had to confirm, because in Portugal you can't register a baby without a father. If the father is unknown, legal procedures, including DNA tests, must be done to identify him.
Also, to register him, the mother must have a birth certificate, with that weeks of birth, length, weight, etc. She would have needed to forge that...and obviously, potentially lose social aid.
A smokescreen created by Sporting and their lunatic president, so they could win the league. Try to destabilize Renato, who was Benfica sole option for the central midfield role.
Thanks for this enlightening post (also, those legal regulations concerning babies and father's and mother's respective rights are somewhat irritating).

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
This a non story. The kid is really 18 years of age. Our President shouldn't have been involved in this. It's a story made up by some fanatics. We did issue a communication denying any involvement in this and wishing Renato scores a goal tonight. Guy Roux is a twat.

VanGaalEra

He really is 18 years old, you can see it in his face.

He's been at Benfica since he was 8, there's literally pictures and videos everywhere showing him grow year by year. It's lousy and pathetic to call him 23/24 just because he's physically advanced.

TJSF

Supports
Benfica
This debate just stems from the widespread corruption in youth football in Portugal. A very notorious agent, Cátio Baldé, picks up kids in Guiné Bissau and brings them to Portugal to tryouts. Many clubs, including the Big Three, signed them, knowing they're older than they say. They usually win youth championships alone, because they're so much faster, stronger and quicker than white kids.
This even happens in Spain, check this Real kid in 2010 against United www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUj3ZSJWQJI, or this Olivier Moussima from Barça www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4tL_4Dyyy4 . What is unquestionable is that in 90% of cases, as soon as the player hits 19, they're discarded and end up quitting football after a few years in the lower divisions. Only a few ever make it to professional football, and less even show talent.

Reactions: Akshay

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
This kid is 18 and the accusations are disgusting.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
This debate just stems from the widespread corruption in youth football in Portugal. A very notorious agent, Cátio Baldé, picks up kids in Guiné Bissau and brings them to Portugal to tryouts. Many clubs, including the Big Three, signed them, knowing they're older than they say. They usually win youth championships alone, because they're so much faster, stronger and quicker than white kids.
This even happens in Spain, check this Real kid in 2010 against United www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUj3ZSJWQJI, or this Olivier Moussima from Barça www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4tL_4Dyyy4 . What is unquestionable is that in 90% of cases, as soon as the player hits 19, they're discarded and end up quitting football after a few years in the lower divisions. Only a few ever make it to professional football, and less even show talent.
Man, this thread really digs up some unsavory sides of football, or more precisely, the football business.

Stacks

You are trolling, right? We haven't lost any player to the Prem since Hargreaves. And even that's debatable since there are ongoing rumours we just cashed in on a known crock.
We are in tier 1 in regards to wages and players don't seem to be concerned about the league as long as there is Champions League and a shot at winning it.
You lost Pep to Man City

Muffled funk

Not to be trusted
I'd wait until all facts have been gathered before making a decision. there's more to it I'd bet my house that he has a violent criminal past.

prateik

He hasnt come from nowhere. He has been at a big club for ages. There is no way he can lie about his age by that much.

Pointless story to begin with.

RoyH1

What the heck is Roux doing getting involved in a Sporting/Benfica spat? LOL.

I'm pretty sure Benfica and Bayern have his paperwork in order. No way he's 24.

barros

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Where liberty dwells, there is my country
So, a guy a named Guy Roux claim he is actually 23 years old, I haven't found any English source for it but here is the article in Swedish, use Google translate if you are interested:

Bruno De Carvalho has also claimed that Renato Sanches is lying regarding his age, due to his parents getting separated and getting back together when Sanches was five, and his birth date being "reset" when they got back together.

That's not true and the hospital he was born was inaugurated in 1995 so if he was 23 or 24 means he was born in 1992-1993.