Television RedCafe's Favourite TV Shows Of All Time Contest (THE RESULTS)

All tv shows with a laugh track should have been automatically excluded anyway.

Sure. But is that a fair way to judge something?
Death Note had 37 episodes, even if over only 2 seasons. That would be 7 seasons worth of The Office.
Chernobyl is basically a long movie split into 5 sections, not really a classic TV show.
The Night Of - don't know it.
Marianne - don't know it.
Mate watch The Night Of, it's brilliant.

I only judge on what I had fun watching and I had a load of fun watching The Office!

Mate watch The Night Of, it's brilliant.
I thought it was pretty disappointing tbh. Ep1 was amazing and then it lost its steam completely til the end for me - in hindsight probably to be expected but thought the conclusion pretty underwhelming. Actors and production values were great though. Those feet.. sorry to rain in your parade.

All tv shows with a laugh track should have been automatically excluded anyway.

shaq-laugh-shaq.gif

No. 18 - The Office (US)
Total Points: 68
Number Of Lists: 12
Highest Position: 1
Voter Of Highest Position: @anant @decorativeed

250px-TheOffice_S7_DVD.jpg

People get upset when others rate it above the UK version (which is fair). But for me it's an entirely different show. The first season is hot garbage because they basically copy the UK scene for scene but once they drop that and make their own story it becomes much better and basically nothing to do with the UK one.

Has some very funny moments and characters in it.

People get upset when others rate it above the UK version (which is fair). But for me it's an entirely different show. The first season is hot garbage because they basically copy the UK scene for scene but once they drop that and make their own story it becomes much better and basically nothing to do with the UK one.

Has some very funny moments and characters in it.
I only saw the first few eps of the first season and wanted to kill myself so I dropped it.

USA! USA! USA! Woo woooo! This proves that the US version is better right? This being a UK forum and all.

(I have not seen the UK version)

2 shite Office comedy shows. Wonderful. Not a patch on Scrubs, Always Sunny in Philadelphia and IT Crowd.

2 shite Office comedy shows. Wonderful. Not a patch on Scrubs, Always Sunny in Philadelphia and IT Crowd.

I haven't watched it since it aired but I get the feeling Scrubs hasn't aged well. It relied too much on goofiness, the janitor being weird and slapstick comedy.

I could never get into the US version. Mainly because I was always comparing it to the original. British humour's great but it's not as easy to understand for folk outside these shores...probably another reason why it's not as popular on here despite being far superior.

I haven't watched it since it aired but I get the feeling Scrubs hasn't aged well. It relied too much on goofiness, the janitor being weird and slapstick comedy.

It hadn't age well by the 5th season. It was just the same old crap churned out again and again. The characters all began to grate and it got old very quickly for me.

I could never get into the US version. Mainly because I was always comparing it to the original. British humour's great but it's not as easy to understand for folk outside these shores...probably another reason why it's not as popular on here despite being far superior.

Yep this has always been the issue. I basically view it as a completely different show (if you discount S1)

IT Crowd hasn’t aged well either. The humour nor some of the subjects.

I don't think The IT Crowd or Scrubs have aged that poorly. They are both still funny. I'd rate them higher than The Office (US).

I think the age of this forum is showing. Roughly 20 out of the top 30 shows started their run between 1999 and 2005 if I'm not mistaken. That just screams old millennials/young gen x.

Deadwood, in my opinion, has probably the best written dialogue of any tv show. It's like Shakespeare sprinkled with obscenities. Can never tire of listening to the characters talk.
The show is so dense, it's like a favourite book that reveals more and more every time you read it. It's the pinnacle of tv shows and for me only The Wire surpasses it slightly. Can't recommend it enough.