Television RedCafe's Favourite TV Shows Of All Time Contest (THE RESULTS)

hobbers

Started watching the leftovers and enjoying it so far. All thanks to the list.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
@Dirty Schwein

Great job on the list! Predictable top 3 of course as those are the consensus picks everywhere and thankfully the right show won overall.

Definitely an English biased list, predictable with all the British and Americans here but we were missing some great non-English like The Bureau is better than most of the top 10 imo.

caid

@Dirty Schwein

Great job on the list! Predictable top 3 of course as those are the consensus picks everywhere and thankfully the right show won overall.

Definitely an English biased list, predictable with all the British and Americans here but we were missing some great non-English like The Bureau is better than most of the top 10 imo.
Any chance of a list of a few non-english shows? I know they were mentioned in earlier rounds and there was a lot i hadn't seen.
I'm back watching Rome again at the moment.

And thanks @Dirty Schwein this was fun

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
And that's what this is all about :)
I watched all of Dark as I had no intention to otherwise. And I've decided to bite the bullet and also watch It's Always Sunny... Got through the first series. A bit meh compared to Community or Parks and Rec but I'm guessing (like with those two) it will get more better in later seasons.

Feck off if I'm watching Chernobyl, Mad Men or Deadwood though. :p

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I watched all of Dark as I had no intention to otherwise. And I've decided to bite the bullet and also watch It's Always Sunny... Got through the first series. A bit meh compared to Community or Parks and Rec but I'm guessing (like with those two) it will get more better in later seasons.

Feck off if I'm watching Chernobyl, Mad Men or Deadwood though. :p
Spartacus

Roosney

This was great! Thank you @Dirty Schwein

I've always had hard time deciding which one is better, The Wire or Sopranos but now that Sopranos not winning it makes me feel a bit gutted says it all.

Both great shows.

Dunno, Breaking Bad has - contrary to what I believed it set up as its intial premise - nothing to do with real life. It‘s a superhero fantasy of a chemistry teacher building his rand-ish business empire. Watched it all and then never touched it again. Also the facelift of the actress (his wife) after S1 always pulled me out of it whenever she was on screen. Bit of a pity but there was just no way to make believe this could have been part of her character.
Thank you, well put.

Weird how people rate it as a master piece.
It's ok entertainment I guess but most storylines, characters and scenes are just fecking stupid, ridiculous and implausible. Like, how they took over the corners (just walked up there and started selling ffs), the crazy party days at Jessies house, the Fly episode when they build towers out if chairs to reach to a fly. Like, what kind of a clueless moron writes scripts like these?

Also it stinks of "hey look at us cool guys making this cool fecking show" very strongly
Sorry for the rant but BB is a shite series.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
This was great! Thank you @Dirty Schwein

I've always had hard time deciding which one is better, The Wire or Sopranos but now that Sopranos not winning it makes me feel a bit gutted says it all.

Both great shows.

Thank you, well put.

Weird how people rate it as a master piece.
It's ok entertainment I guess but most storylines, characters and scenes are just fecking stupid, ridiculous and implausible. Like, how they took over the corners (just walked up there and started selling ffs), the crazy party days at Jessies house, the Fly episode when they build towers out if chairs to reach to a fly. Like, what kind of a clueless moron writes scripts like these?

Also it stinks of "hey look at us cool guys making this cool fecking show" very strongly
Sorry for the rant but BB is a shite series.
It might not be for you but it’s definitely not shite.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
Any chance of a list of a few non-english shows? I know they were mentioned in earlier rounds and there was a lot i hadn't seen.
I'm back watching Rome again at the moment.

And thanks @Dirty Schwein this was fun
My top would be The Bureau. Some of the best television I've seen and on par with the Top 5 of the list IMO. I love crime shows so Gomorrah and Romanzo Criminale would also be highly recommended. I'm also a big fan of wuxia-type period shows from Asia but I know not many in the West can get into those. Still, Nirvana in Fire is a top tier show as is Six Flying Dragons. There are some more that I'm forgetting as well.

caid

My top would be The Bureau. Some of the best television I've seen and on par with the Top 5 of the list IMO. I love crime shows so Gomorrah and Romanzo Criminale would also be highly recommended. I'm also a big fan of wuxia-type period shows from Asia but I know not many in the West can get into those. Still, Nirvana in Fire is a top tier show as is Six Flying Dragons. There are some more that I'm forgetting as well.
Thanks!
I'll check them out

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
RedCafe Top 5:

1. The Wire
2. The Sopranos
3. Breaking Bad
4. The Simpsons
5. Band Of Brothers

iMDB Top 5:

1. Breaking Bad
2. Band Of Brothers
3. Chernobyl
4. The Wire
5. Avatar: The Last Airbender

Rotten Tomatoes (Critics) Top 5:

1. Breaking Bad
2. The Sopranos
3. The Wire
4. Mad Men
5. Succession

IGN Top 5:

1. The Wire
2. The Simpsons
3. Breaking Bad
4. The X-Files
5. Twin Peaks

Rolling Stones Top 5:

1. The Sopranos
2. The Simpsons
3. Breaking Bad
4. The Wire
5. Fleabag

Ahmer Baig

RedCafe Top 5:

1. The Wire
2. The Sopranos
3. Breaking Bad
4. The Simpsons
5. Band Of Brothers

iMDB Top 5:

1. Breaking Bad
2. Band Of Brothers
3. Chernobyl
4. The Wire

Rotten Tomatoes (Critics) Top 5:

1. Breaking Bad
2. The Sopranos
3. The Wire
4. Mad Men
5. Succession

IGN Top 5:

1. The Wire
2. The Simpsons
3. Breaking Bad
4. The X-Files
5. Twin Peaks

Rolling Stones Top 5:

1. The Sopranos
2. The Simpsons
3. Breaking Bad
4. The Wire
5. Fleabag
So Breaking Bad and The Wire are amongst top 5 in every rating.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
RedCafe Top 5:

1. The Wire
2. The Sopranos
3. Breaking Bad
4. The Simpsons
5. Band Of Brothers

iMDB Top 5:

1. Breaking Bad
2. Band Of Brothers
3. Chernobyl
4. The Wire
Only me and one other voted for Avatar so I can only assume it’s due to people having not seen it. Because it’s superb.