Television RedCafe's Favourite TV Shows Of All Time Contest (THE RESULTS)

Tried to get into Curb like 3 times but found it too contrived.

Everyone raves about curb and parks & rec. Haven't seen either although parks & rec seems like my kind of comedy.

It's not as good as Peep Show or IASIP for instance, but I think it's better than Seinfeld and The Office (US).

No. 25 - The Leftovers
Total Points: 40
Number Of Lists: 7
Highest Position: 1
Voter Of Highest Position: @nimic

MV5BMjA2ZWVhODUtMzc1YS00YmM0LThiMTAtMDk4MDQ2ZmJkNmE0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTM3MDMyMDQ@._V1_.jpg

This was on the least amount of user lists overall. Just had a look at the iMDB and it looks right up my street so will give it a go at some point. Feels a bit like The 4400 from the premise.

No. 25 - The Leftovers
Total Points: 40
Number Of Lists: 7
Voter Of Highest Position: @nimic

MV5BMjA2ZWVhODUtMzc1YS00YmM0LThiMTAtMDk4MDQ2ZmJkNmE0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTM3MDMyMDQ@._V1_.jpg

Brilliant show. Trying to get my partner to watch it but I fear some of the religious stuff (or basically most S1 Matt scenes) will bore her. Which I wouldn't blame her for.

No. 31 - Coronation Street
Total Points: 10
Number Of Lists: 1
Voter Of Highest Position: @P-Ro

article-1337239-0C6BCF11000005DC-954_634x385.jpg

Haven't seen anything about this show but always here it talked about. Might YouTube it now.

Haven't seen anything about this show but always here it talked about. Might YouTube it now.
Season 1 isn't very good, but it is only 6 episodes. Possible to skip that without losing much. Gets very good in season 2, and amazing in 3 and 4.

Season 1 isn't very good, but it is only 6 episodes. Possible to skip that without losing much. Gets very good in season 2, and amazing in 3 and 4.
Thank you. I like the idea of 6 eps. Low commitment and will give me a flavour of the show.

Thank you. I like the idea of 6 eps. Low commitment and will give me a flavour of the show.
If you have commitment issues, then absolutely start from season 2. Good chance you might give up after 1 otherwise, which would be a mistake.

If you have commitment issues, then absolutely start from season 2. Good chance you might give up after 1 otherwise, which would be a mistake.
Yeah, I generally do with TV Shows. Don't like havingto wait 10 eps to realise I don't like it :lol:
The ultimate all rounded comedy imo. It’s accessible, charming, clever and most importantly funny.
Would you suggest this or IASIP?

Even the first season is kind of charming, albeit a bit crap.

I remember the exact episode where it finally clicked for me. It was season 2 - the "sister city" episode. Fred Armisen is just great. Viva Chavez!

Even the first season is kind of charming, albeit a bit crap.

I remember the exact episode where it finally clicked for me. It was season 2 - the "sister city" episode. Fred Armisen is just great. Viva Chavez!

Agree 100% about this episode. Prior to this episode the show was OK, worth sticking with. This episode kicked it up onto a whole new level.
The end of the episode - April and Donna vacationing in Venezuela - was the icing on the cake.

No. 23 - Fargo
Total Points: 50
Number Of Lists: 11
Highest Position: 4
Voter Of Highest Position: @HTG

Fargoseason1promo.jpg

Not quite Frasier but it'll have to do. Don't kill us @HTG :lol:
Fargo is a tremendous show. It all starts when Fargo Crane moves from Boston to Seattle for his new job and his father moves in with him. In Seattle he quickly becomes a successful and well liked radio moderator, something his younger brother, Niles Fargo, is very envious of.
The show is well known for its jokes about psychology and its quick wit.

Fargo is a tremendous show. It all starts when Fargo Crane moves from Boston to Seattle for his new job and his father moves in with him. In Seattle he quickly becomes a successful and well liked radio moderator, something his younger brother, Niles Fargo, is very envious of.
The show is well known for its jokes about psychology and its quick wit.
Is it much different to the film with Steve Buscemi?

Yeah, I generally do with TV Shows. Don't like havingto wait 10 eps to realise I don't like it :lol:

Would you suggest this or IASIP?

Both completely different styles of comedy really. Depends what you prefer. P&R ended at the right time whereas IASIP is still going and has more misses than hits these days. But probably had the best highs.

Veep, Community, Curb all lower than P+R :lol:

Is it much different to the film with Steve Buscemi?
A bit. It’s basically a spin off. So some characters are the same. But the original was set in a bar while the show is mostly set at Fargo‘s apartment in Seattle and in a coffee shop.

Excellent advice. I was not a fan at all when I was introduced to it starting with the first season.