Film RedCafe's Favourite Movies Of All Time Contest (ROUND 9)

1. Fight Club
2. Seven
3. Memento
4. Fallen (1998)
5. Shutter Island

This guy is playing FAST and LOOSE with the rules. Who does he think he is, Castor Troy?
images

Glad more people are seeing it now. It's all a sham and AirCon will win it and we'll ask ourselves how we could have let that happen.
:lol: to be fair I only noticed it late doors but knew it was nowhere near the top 8 so left it.
He did the same with Hollow Knight in the games tournament
:nervous:
Such a pig. (Yes, language pun, and yes, I actually appreciate DS's efforts here.)
Oink thank you
Keep Hollow Knight out of this cinema shite.
Do you have an RSS feed for mentions of Hollow Knight on Redcafe :lol: ?
Still remember @Moby loving the game and spending 60,000 hours on it but in the final of the games contest, places it at like 6th spot the bloody buffoon :lol:

1. No Country For Old Men
2. L.A. Confidential
3. Seven
4. Collateral
5. Mulholland Drive

Feels wrong to leave Silence Of The Lambs out.

1. The Usual Suspects
  2. No Country for Old Men
  3. The Prestige
  4. The Sixth Sense
  5. LA Confidential

1. Chinatown
2. 12 Monkeys
3. The Lives of Others
4. Seven
5. Sin City

1. Silence of the Lambs
2. Shutter Island
3. Cape Fear
4. The Pianist (not really a thriller but I forgot it at drama)
5. Parasite

1. The Silence of the Lambs
2. The Prestige
3. Memento
4. Chinatown
5. Oldboy

Not one of my sci-fi picks got through so hopefully a couple of these make it, though once again there's plenty of great alternatives - Prisoners, No Country For Old Men or LA Confidential in particular. The Bourne Ultimatum if you pushed for it to be classed as an (action-) thriller. The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, The Secret in Their Eyes, Parasite, Misery, (De Niro's) Cape Fear, Collateral - all great.

Seven, Fight Club and, particularly, Shutter Island aren't as good for me, though they all seem to be regarded very highly.

@Dirty Schwein is there going to be a category for mindfeck films, ones that cause your synapses to melt, but don't fall into any particular genre?
There currently is no plan to but I can add it to the next round of you can find a way to label it so that people don't piss about and vote for movies that they like but haven't made it... Maybe... Experimental?

There currently is no plan to but I can add it to the next round of you can find a way to label it so that people don't piss about and vote for movies that they like but haven't made it... Maybe... Experimental?
Experimental & Art House maybe?

No Country for Old Men
Prisoners
Wind River
Zodiac
Shot Caller

Say this every week but it's hard to narrow this down to 5. Having to leave out Collateral, Training Day and Gone Girl feels wrong

1. Oldboy(Great film but it’s getting top spot for tactical reasons)
2. Manhunter
3. Angel Dust
4. Run Lola Run
5. Dead Man’s Shoes

1. Perfect Blue (1997)
  2. Le Boucher (1970)
  3. Rashomon (1950)
  4. North by Northwest (1959)
  5. Spoorloos (1988)

1. The Silence of the Lambs
2. Gone Girl
3. Misery
4. Blow Out
5. The Guest

Another very hard round. Hon Mens to Drive, Insomnia, Gone Baby Gone, Nocturnal Animals, Knowing, The Proposition, Last Night in Soho, Disclosure, Prisoners, Memento, Fall, Se7en, Knives Out (Glass Onion had better get a physical release), The Sixth Sense, Murder on the Orient Express (2017) and all those I've missed.

Not one of my sci-fi picks got through so hopefully a couple of these make it, though once again there's plenty of great alternatives - Prisoners, No Country For Old Men or LA Confidential in particular. The Bourne Ultimatum if you pushed for it to be classed as an (action-) thriller. The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, The Secret in Their Eyes, Parasite, Misery, (De Niro's) Cape Fear, Collateral - all great.

Seven, Fight Club and, particularly, Shutter Island aren't as good for me, though they all seem to be regarded very highly.

Shout.

I ended up buying two copies of Memento to get a version that included the secret menu so that I could watch it in the 'correct' order: It, perhaps unsurprisingly, ruins the film.
:lol:

Had no idea that was a thing. It’s like something Kojima would do, shame it didn't help improve the film though.

This is the first time I don't feel embarrassed by my own list and only the top film from my list got votes from other people :wenger:
It happens. I’ve had multiple top votes that didn’t receive any other votes.:(

1. Devil's Advocate
2. The Skin I Live In
3. Falling Down
4. Scarface
5. Prisoners

Predator not making it in sci-fi makes all of you look foolish.

1. Psycho
2. Body Heat
3. Dial M for Murder
4. Seven
5. Sea of Love.