RAWK Goes Into Meltdown 24/25 Edition - Zubi, Zubi, zoo where are you?

I wonder if they'll keep pretending Darwin is good for another season or just give up like they did with Andy Carroll

gotta give them credit for rebranding a striker who can't hit a barn door with a banjo as a "creator of chaos" though
To be fair to them, they haven’t said he’s good, they just constantly defend him and talk about how good he’ll be when it ‘clicks’.

I’ve seen posters on here talk him up more than the YAWN lot, a lot of posters thought he was just going to become a ruthless finisher like that isn’t the most natural part of someone’s game and can be learned after 2 seasons in the PL…

Sterling also came from QPR, right?
He did, but considering he didn't make a first team appearance for QPR and had a couple of years in Liverpool's youth team, I would say it's a similar situation as Harry Amass where we can claim he's from our academy. Whereas Harvey Elliot literally played PL games for Fulham before moving to Liverpool.

He did, but considering he didn't make a first team appearance for QPR and had a couple of years in Liverpool's youth team, I would say it's a similar situation as Harry Amass where we can claim he's from our academy. Whereas Harvey Elliot literally played PL games for Fulham before moving to Liverpool.
I remember that. The kid Elliot made his debut in 2019 aged 16.

I wouldn’t call an academy that has produced the likes of Harvey Elliot, TAA and Curtis Jones, Quansah, Raheem Sterling mediocre.

Mind they even manage to shift their graduates who couldn’t make their team to other clubs for good money, which is something we struggle to do.

Half of those didn't come from their academy.

I would say the fact that they have only produced 1 player who's played a consistently significant role for them in so long indicates that it can't be relied upon to effectively supplement a team that is going to lose its key players over the next few years.

Harvey Elliot came from Fulham's academy.

Half of those didn't come from their academy.

I would say the fact that they have only produced 1 player who's played a consistently significant role for them in so long indicates that it can't be relied upon to effectively supplement a team that is going to lose its key players over the next few years.

I concede that Harvey Elliot came from Fulham because he made his league debut for them before signing for Liverpool.

But for other players like Raheem Sterling - I mean we have the likes of Amass and Collyer who joined our academy from Watford and Brighton respectively. Garnacho joined our academy from A.Madrid back in 2020. Is he considered our academy product? Should either of the Fletcher bros make the first team, would they be considered Man City’s product rather than ours?

Were they even seriously in for him? Everything I read was either United or Real.
It’s not so much that they weren’t really in for him. They were in for him as much as we were in for Camavinga the other summer, waiting around for Madrid to pull out before we have a crack instead of putting the money down and forcing people to make a decision.

Were they even seriously in for him? Everything I read was either United or Real.

Story was that he was their prime target for CB but they did not bid because they were sold on the idea that he was waiting for Real and would not accept any other move. I have no idea if that is true but if you believed that your club opted not to bid thinking they could not convince him to come only for your biggest rivals go and sign him then it would be a pretty big blow.

on RAWK there and by looks of it hes way over priced we have got robbed and he is raw and not good enough funny ho their opinion changes in the space of 4 weeks.

I have many friends who are Liverpool supporters, and this (the FA Cup final thread) represents them more than the unhinged rants we sometimes see. I think the two clubs are thrown together, like a buddy cop film, agains the common enemy of 115FC. Liverpool has a great history (ours is better tho'), and both of us won things the hard way fair and square. I don't mind Scousers - I find them entertaining. My friends who support Abu Dhabi, I just don't know what to say them.
I have definitely seen more unity between our two great clubs since Abu Dhabi FC started cheating their way to victory. I like the fact that despite the jibes we throw at one another, there is always genuine (albeit grudging) respect there, as each club recognizes the other as a genuinely big club. I work with a Scouser, and he's a good dude.

I read a comment on Reddit that summed up Abu Dhabi FC supporters perfectly - "they're the type of people who will use aimbot, damage mods and wallhacks in a video game, then mock the other team for losing to them. Just shit humans in general". Couldn't have put it better myself.

They are all decent players, but I don't see how they make them a top 4 team next season, and the Mancs are paying serious money for them. They would make their squad deeper for the Europa League, but that is hardly Mancs' biggest problem

Can’t understand Zirkzee, he seems pretty average. Paid over the odds for a promising player in Yoro but they won’t care about that. Ugarte would be a shame though because he would instantly improve them.

I can only imagine that there is something wrong with him which is why he hasn’t worked out at PSG and no one else was in for him.
Utd close to signing Ugarte.

Another Mendes client. He loves taking their money

I can’t think of any instances where an unproven young player offered massive wages in their new club didn’t disappoint

Fee of guaranteed £52m rising to £59m. Absolute shitload to pay for someone so unproven, who also only had a year left on their deal.

He might end up being a great player for them, but there's also a decent chance he could disappoint. It also smacks of overpaying to compete for sought after players. That strategy hasn't worked for them for a long time.

And if it does go well, I also think the shouts of him spending a year or two there, and then agitating for (or even having a clause for) a move to Madrid are probably spot on.

Judging by media reports, they seemed to have explored the option but decided since Real were in for him, it's a done deal not worth pushing. They also have CBs in VVD, Konate, Gomez + a youth player in Quansah, so they probably thought they had other priority areas to focus on.

Liverpool have

- Terrible American owners
- A mediocre academy
- A squad where the most important players are over 30
- No structure that seems particularly impressive.

We will see but they have hired a manager who is by a drastic margin less qualified than Ten Hag when he came here and screams "man who doesn't fill the shoes of the man who proceeded him".

They aren't competing for the best players. Their squad is old or unconvincing.

It feels like they are in for a pretty rough time. Club who operated in a mediocre fashion for 25 years until they stumbled into a special manager who has now left them.

Nothing is where guaranteed but I'd personally be happy to take any wagers that they won't get champions league football next year.
In Fairness, the Fenway Group are not considered bad owners. They have a sterling reputation compared to people like the the Glazers.

You have to understand, the Glazers were famous for an incident where they came around and collected dirty/used jock straps from players with a bin… the players expecting them to be disposed of. Instead the players came back to the locker room the next day and saw a pile of jock straps on the floor and were told to find one that fits. They are famously awful.

BUT, The Fenway Group are moneyball/data owners. I think Liverpool is their only venture outside of baseball. They may have just been lucky with the hire of Klopp, but until we see Slott we can’t know that. We do know that they looked into selling the team as an option though.

I’m less concerned about their coach than I am the fact Micheal Edwards is back with their club though.

They don’t particularly need an academy structure of their own if they can poach the kids from others by promising them Senior starts at a young age.

They just signed Rio from us. People will say “well you shouldn’t buy so many Brazilians”, but the truth is we have two kids, especially Tyrique George, ahead of him inside our Academy that just got long term deals. Not every 15 year old is equal in terms of physical development. While Rio is very gifted technically, he looks 12. Liverpool reportedly told him he will be getting chances to play first team football at 16 …. I just have trouble seeing this.

Edwards is scary, but he talked about “making a statement” addition to the club. And after all the talk of players like Musiala, etc being targeted … if the statement is Rio … that could spell trouble. Madrid seem to be smelling blood with the Trent interest. It will be interesting to see how this goes next season.

Liverpool have

- Terrible American owners
- A mediocre academy
- A squad where the most important players are over 30
- No structure that seems particularly impressive.

We will see but they have hired a manager who is by a drastic margin less qualified than Ten Hag when he came here and screams "man who doesn't fill the shoes of the man who proceeded him".

They aren't competing for the best players. Their squad is old or unconvincing.

It feels like they are in for a pretty rough time. Club who operated in a mediocre fashion for 25 years until they stumbled into a special manager who has now left them.

Nothing is where guaranteed but I'd personally be happy to take any wagers that they won't get champions league football next year.

I think the jury is still out on FSG and we'll know more about how well they operate Liverpool in the next 1-2 seasons, as they've obviously lost Klopp.

They can also definitely be accused of penny pinching, however they have a bit of a difficult situation as well, as Liverpool are just not as attractive or as rich as 90% of their fanbase believes they are, and that will get even worse post-Klopp.

Slot is a good manager, but the job can still swallow him. Their squad is not title challenger quality, but rather top 5 contender quality.

Agreed on their academy, it isn't really on the level of the best ones in the world. Probably closer to mediocre, like you said.

Salah and van Dijk are getting old, and I bet their motivation is fading as well, having lost Klopp as their manager. Alisson is great and still should have many more years at the top, providing he stays there. Trent too, but I can see him leaving for Madrid soon. I don't think they'll be able to replace these players. Other than them, they have some good-to-great players, but there aren't many that other top PL teams will be jealous over. Bajcetic and Elliott are their two biggest young talents in my opinion.

I think next season they will finish below us and out of the CL places. So 5th or 6th at best, unless they suddenly go on and produce one of the best transfer windows in their history within the next 44 days.

I'm expecting them to just be in and out of the top 4 for the next 3-5 years, much like how we have been for the last 11. Top 4 races, some successful ones, some unsuccessful ones, and no title race.

Just read their RAWK transfers forum regarding Yoro - on an incognito tab so I didn’t feel dirty.

On June 13th (when Ornstein announced Liverpool and United were actively trying to sign him) they thought he was the Bellingham of his position. Their only concern was that no team ever beats Madrid to a young signing.

When he signed for United, it was way too expensive and too risky for a teenager

From official LFC forums

Every summer for god knows how long we think United are building something because they "win the transfer window", only to fail miserably in the PL.

Yeah I think they are making some great singings.

The only saving grace is that Ten Hag is in charge.

United will be just as awful

Not worried about united signings they’re not really much to get excited about, people seem to get worried purely because they’re united, however they are still an improvement on what they’ve had. The only worry is if we fail to improve on what we have which is growing increasingly likely and we cannot keep doing that every summer, klopp bailed out the owners performing miracles it is a lot to ask Slot to do the same.

They’ve made about one successful signing in the past 5 years and even at that, a lot of Utd fans can’t stand him.

They can sign loads of good players but that club is toxic, and until they get away from that I’m not worried in the slightest.

Robbie Bradys winning goal from a behind closed doors friendly being all over twitter is pretty amusing.

Who is the one good signing in 5 years that we can't stand?

Our good signings under Ten Hag are Martinez and Hojlund. Eriksen and Casemiro are mixed but we definitely liked both players.

Club is clearly not toxic right now at all. Even Sancho has made his peace with the manager

Our good signings under Ten Hag are Martinez and Hojlund. Eriksen and Casemiro are mixed but we definitely liked both players.

Club is clearly not toxic right now at all. Even Sancho has made his peace with the manager
Possibly Ronaldo?

These deluded pricks have strange coping mechanisms for their largely 3 decades of failure. The latest of course that Quansah is better than Yoro…didn’t want him anyway! :lol:

We've got something like half this forum just itching to jump on ETH the moment we don't win a game.

It will get toxic real fast with just a couple of defeats. Even pre season might be too much for some of them.

We've got something like half this forum just itching to jump on ETH the moment we don't win a game.

It will get toxic real fast with just a couple of defeats. Even pre season might be too much for some of them.
Yep, just look at some of the posts after the first pre season game, it was beyond a joke from some posters.

Is this man shite or what? We need to know. Is he Carlo Ancelslotti, or is he Graham Slotter?

I am surprised that without Klopp their supporters are still talking big like they are better than us. They hit the jackpot with Klopp. Without him it will be very very different.

I am surprised that without Klopp their supporters are still talking big like they are better than us. They hit the jackpot with Klopp. Without him it will be very very different.

IMO, they are terrified and just talking big for bravery.

They were still deluded at the worst of times.

They were convinced their Benitez teams were better than the Sir Alex sides when their respective tenures overlapped. Of course the reason Sir Alex always came out on top was because he'd paid off the referees, the FA and Rebekah Vardy all at once.

Having said that I don't think we should be too giddy yet with assuming they're now behind us in the PL pecking order. While I'd expect them to regress under Slot, I don't think we're in any position yet to start smugly looking behind us, regardless of how positive our transfer window has been so far. Still massive question marks over our own Dutch baldy.