RAWK Goes Into Meltdown 24/25 Edition - Slot's not hot eh?

It's so delicious watching them getting rejected for clubs that are arguably in a way worse state than them. It's Lavia and Caicedo for Chelsea, Yoro for us and now Zubimendi rejecting them. Sweet sweet moments, their squad is aging their key players are looking past it, they'll suffer to replace Salah, Virgil and eventually Alisson. Their glory days are coming to an end with very little to show for.

Their summer window just gives me vibes of our one back in 2013 when Sir Alex & Gill left and we rushed last minute to sign Fellaini.

Richard Hughes having a similar nightmare of a 1st summer transfer window like Ed Woodward did.
Yup. Hopefully they suffer like we did.

It's so delicious watching them getting rejected for clubs that are arguably in a way worse state than them. It's Lavia and Caicedo for Chelsea, Yoro for us and now Zubimendi rejecting them. Sweet sweet moments, their squad is aging their key players are looking past it, they'll suffer to replace Salah, Virgil and eventually Alisson. Their glory days are coming to an end with very little to show for.
They have to make some of their signings this window. PSR threshold is dropping by another10% next year? I know they have talented youngsters, but it is going to be near impossible to recycle a veteran team in one or two windows in a year or two.

- World class manager leaving
- Aging squad in need of a revamp
- Underwhelming replacement manager lined up
- Not much happening in the transfer window (so far)
- Rivals strengthening

It's like it's 2013/14 all over again, but for Pool instead of us. :smirk:

United are on their way up, Liverpool are on their way down, its seems that God chose to rebalance the balance of football once again. I can't wait to listen to Carragher's rants about it. It's a shame that he doesn't speak in English.

Do they know McTominay can play as a 6? We would be happy to do business at 51M.

For 100m we'll throw Casemiro in the mix as well. 150m and you'll get a trio of Sancho, Casemiro and McT.

Sweet! Without Klopp, Liverpool is nothing special. They hit the jackpot for so long and now is the time to face reality.

Hopefully, they will be the next adult Disneyland and meanwhile we will be back to football pinnacle with our new football structure.

While I don’t agree with the idea of Liverpool going on a similar downward spiral as we did when Fergie retired I believe there will be a significant decline for 1 or 2 seasons. It is impossible not feel the impact of such a long term major figure like Klopp leaving.

Sweet! Without Klopp, Liverpool is nothing special. They hit the jackpot for so long and now is the time to face reality.

Hopefully, they will be the next adult Disneyland and meanwhile we will be back to football pinnacle with our new football structure.
Disneyland? More like Barrenland. You need to have money, grandeur and clout to be a Disneyland. They have nothing.

RAWK on United:
New contract for Fernandes will go down well with their fans.

For me though he is everything that’s wrong with them. The shrugging and arm waving mentality.

I’m delighted.
Happy days. Few more yeras of him being their captain. He's the worst captain in the league bar none. I'd absolutely hate if he was my captain, not someone you'd want on your side when a game is going against you
Imagine he will be on 300K a week...brilliant.
I’d imagine he’ll demand at least the same as Rashford, so prob closer to £400k/wk.

On transfers:
"Gravenberch looks great as a 6 in pre-season" Is the new coping mechanism I see, jesus Christ.

Our fanbase have been perfectly conditioned in the last 10 years or so to appreciate "value in the market", to applaud the suits for paying under the odds, we overachieved with a world class manager and here we are entering season 24/25 still acting like a small fecking club, briefing press trying to flog Endo, Gomez and some kids to raise a few quid.

Bottom line these guys are about " Being clever" (Being competitive by spending feck all) .

They want the a-typical player by paying either market value they determine to be correct (not what market dictates) or below (an opportunistic acquisition). Problem being, players within that particular Venn diagram don't exist. Hence the constant guff about "no value in the market" to improve upon our apparently perfect squad.

Don't forget the club itself was an opportunistic acquisition by these guys. We are too big of an institution ourselves not to be the sole focus of owners who have baseball, hockey, NASCAR and soon to be basketball occupying their thoughts. feck that.
I do think Real Sociedad knowing Zubimendi's mentality played a blinder by publicly putting the ball in his court to make a decision to pay the clause knowing he'd fecking shit himself.
We needed a DM as a 6. Filling up other positions doesn’t solve the problem of that position. We are well away from competition if the gaps are not plugged. This season we had a genuine chance if we would have signed a proper midfielder in that role. I can’t understand how is it not possible to upgrade on Endo? The sinister conspiracy theory would say that we are setting up Arne to take the fall for this season, save money and fsg will buy a club in USA. The funds unspent go back to them finally.
Ultimately, if Zubamendi had joined he'd always have been in two minds and regardless of what the stats say, it probably wouldn't have worked out. There's no point in crying about spilt milk, it was close but didn't get over the line.
Our most urgent matter is to tie down VVD, Trent and Salah.
Else, next summer is going to be absolutely TURBULENT!
Expect some panic buys like an Arthur before the window shuts. They will tell us they couldn’t acquire their targets that they never had.
People should have learned by now. We will be struggling with the transfers as long as the mods don't open the Transfer Forum. If RAWK is not taking transfers seriously, why would the club do it?
We may be shite but we'll be sustainable.
I bet Trent and VVD are laughing their tits off at missing out on another player.

What was it you said signings like Zubamendi can help convince Trent to sign a new deal?
John Henry's apology will be good the day after the window closes. He won't even need to edit it from previous ones.
Ngl I would take Ugarte in a heartbeat.
People in here downplay the lack of available top class talent. This is a world where Dominic Solanke costs £65m.
Plan seems to be that Slot will outperform Jurgen Klopp with less.
Ive forgotten about zubi already, the dick twat prick teaser.
Its what we do from here on in, there better be a couple of top signings in the pipeline or i highly doubt this season with be anything more than a write off/learning curve for slot
Thats it he is going straight back to Spain and out of my FIFA 24 PS5 Game!!!
Imagine if we finish this window with a positive net spend
:P
feck Zubimendi. Should have moved on earlier, and were being played, but if the club really are not strengthening now in that area then it's a fecking joke. Plenty would improve us.
Actually what does Edwards do? Isnt he the guy running the multi club organisation? Hows that going
Rabiot and his mum apparently getting very excited.
I’m trying to understand the logic of our transfer policy this summer. We wanted Gordon as we thought he was going on the cheap. But now he isnt we don’t need him or a similar player. We are desperate for a 6 and when our first choice decided not to come to the club we magically don’t really need a 6 now!? We are looking for a keeper when we have 2 great ones in place. What an unprofessional scatter gun approach small time shit we have become. Do you think any class players seeing this shit show will make them want to sign. Believe me this the start of the mediocrity. Fkn Bournemouth!!
You can just see it now

September 1st, United Game - Macca pulls up with his Hammy done in and Casemiro does a two-footed challenge on Jones taking his knee out, and we line up for months with Grav and Nyoni in midfield
We're so unlucky there's never anyone available.
Look at how much Wharton was available for 6 months ago. As Klopp said FSG want 200 games at 20 years of age.

Them going into a campaign with Salah Alexander-Arnold and VVD all in the last year of their contracts is absurd.

It's horrendous planning to end up in that situation.

It is not even about buying a ready made player to fit straight into their starting 11, they should be looking at promising players that can be an understudy to VVD or Salah and be their replacements in 2 - 3 years.

Funny that they don't look like they are planning for the future and replacing their best players when they hit the decline properly.

Them going into a campaign with Salah Alexander-Arnold and VVD all in the last year of their contracts is absurd.

Yep, I’m not so sure about TAA but I can 100% see Van Dijk and Salah running their contracts down and fecking off for a big payout.

Zubumendi is getting pure abuse on his Insta account for having the temerity to reject the best football club in the world ever. He’s now my most favourite player in La Liga.

Really poor planning from them, how much did Saudi offer for Salah last season? And now they could potentially lose him on a free, absolutely mental.

In the unlikely event they manage to agree contracts with all three, i expect they'll all want significant increases on their current deals. Salah and VVD especially, will have no resale value and will want a few years on their contracts too and at 32 and 33 it isnt great.

I'd move heaven and earth to lock Trent down, the other 2 i think you could spin due to age but losing Trent would be a disaster.

RAWK on United:

New contract for Fernandes will go down well with their fans.

For me though he is everything that’s wrong with them. The shrugging and arm waving mentality.

I’m delighted.
They'll worship a biting, racist cheat in Suarez but they draw the line at shrugging and arm waving.

Really poor planning from them, how much did Saudi offer for Salah last season? And now they could potentially lose him on a free, absolutely mental.

In the unlikely event they manage to agree contracts with all three, i expect they'll all want significant increases on their current deals. Salah and VVD especially, will have no resale value and will want a few years on their contracts too and at 32 and 33 it isnt great.

I'd move heaven and earth to lock Trent down, the other 2 i think you could spin due to age but losing Trent would be a disaster.
Yeah I think Salah and VVD leaving on free transfers at the end of the season would be bad but they're 32 and 33 respectively so you could spin it as not a truly horrendous situation. Managing to replace them would be incredibly difficult but that's a different topic.

Losing Alexander-Arnold on a free would just be a complete 100% disaster for them. He's 25, he's a scouser , he should be their next captain probably and yet they might be losing him without even getting a huge fee to compensate.

It's a difficult job to replace Klopp anyway but it feels like they're making things even harder for the new manager.

Probably why they aren't spending this year since they'll need to splash out 300m the next.

Yeah I think Salah and VVD leaving on free transfers at the end of the season would be bad but they're 32 and 33 respectively so you could spin it as not a truly horrendous situation. Managing to replace them would be incredibly difficult but that's a different topic.

Losing Alexander-Arnold on a free would just be a complete 100% disaster for them. He's 25, he's a scouser , he should be their next captain probably and yet they might be losing him without even getting a huge fee to compensate.

It's a difficult job to replace Klopp anyway but it feels like they're making things even harder for the new manager.

And if i was Trent, i think i'd be looking at my options, especially if Madrid are interested.

This has lots of swearing. NSFW to listen to. Audacity if him to call Zubizubidoo an emotional wreck :lol:

Obviously Trent is one they should keep but they are stupid not to cash in on Salah and VVD for some dirty Saudi money.

They could transform their squad with the cash from those two players alone.

I do wonder if Klopp knew what was coming down the line and thought I haven’t got the energy for it

Reminds me of the "no value in the market" period Sir Alex went through. Huge success with backing and then a complete lack on investment beyond that as the team slowly deteriorates.

Inappropriate joke
This has lots of swearing. NSFW to listen to. Audacity if him to call Zubizubidoo an emotional wreck :lol:

If you watch this with the sound off it looks like one of those videos from the mid 2000s that Bin Laden and Al-Zawahiri used to release every now and then threatening the West with destruction etc.....

Reminds me of the "no value in the market" period Sir Alex went through. Huge success with backing and then a complete lack on investment beyond that as the team slowly deteriorates.

I think there is a definite similarity.

Its not just about an unwillingness to spend, its also this particular position a top club can get into at the end of a cycle where they have a squad full of good players and sufficient depth, but they lack enough truly world class players (and the ones they do have are on the decline).

If you're Liverpool right now, it doesn't actually help to buy a pretty good midfielder or winger or defender. They've got pretty good players on the bench in every area of the team, except maybe defensive midfielder. What they need are a couple more world class, game changing players and those guys are just very hard to find and compete for in the market.

Mbappe is really the only world class player that has moved this summer. You've got a few others that have that potential like Yoro, Neves, Olise, and Calafiori but those guys are also very highly sought after. But there's just not that much available.

Yep, I’m not so sure about TAA but I can 100% see Van Dijk and Salah running their contracts down and fecking off for a big payout.
Salah is 32 and VVD is 33, the only way they are getting big payouts is going to Saudi

Transfer window going to close in about 2 weeks. Experience tell us that Pool will need to go into panic buy mode soon and seller clubs will rinse them. Ask me how I know :D