RAWK Goes Into Meltdown | 2013/14

I hope they draw one of their games.

It will mean Liverpool will be non stop thinking, "if we had just held a 3-0 lead with 10 minutes to go we would have just won the title" and the hurt will be so much more.

:devil:

I hope they draw one of their games.

It will mean Liverpool will be non stop thinking, "if we had just held a 3-0 lead with 10 minutes to go we would have just won the title" and the hurt will be so much more.

:devil:

No it won't. Their mentality could have easily changed due to us drawing.

Yeh, remembering the shit we copped for losing on goal difference, it would kind of funny to see them go through the same thing.

I hope they lose it on by a point or two meaning it was Stevie Me's slip that ended it for them!

Stevie's slip did end it for them. Had Liverpool drawn or won against Chelsea, they would not have drawn against Palace. They would have never had to play the GD scenario. They probably would have parked the bus after going up 2-0. They would have controlled their own destiny.

Everything bad that has happened to them revolves around Stevie's slip. HE COST THEM THE TITLE.

Stevie's slip did end it for them. Had Liverpool drawn or won against Chelsea, they would not have drawn against Palace. They would have never had to play the GD scenario. They probably would have parked the bus after going up 2-0. They would have controlled their own destiny.

Everything bad that has happened to them revolves around Stevie's slip. HE COST THEM THE TITLE.
Stevie G's defining moment. He'll tell his Grand-kids!! :lol:

Stevie's slip did end it for them. Had Liverpool drawn or won against Chelsea, they would not have lost the game against Palace. They would have never had to play the GD scenario. They probably would have parked the bus after going up 2-0. They would have controlled their own destiny.

Nar, I think it was Kolo's own goal, or Mignolet's City error, or our failure to beat Villa or several other mistakes.

Nar, I think it was Kolo's own goal, or Mignolet's City error, or our failure to beat Villa or several other mistakes.
Teams have lots of little issues like this every season. When you are in poll position and so close to the end, a win against Chelsea would have sealed the league for you. It's clear as day Gerrards performance against Chelsea was the turning point of the season.

Did Kolo round his teammates in a huddle and tell them that they couldn't allow an own goal? LOL

Bm-1sJaCQAEmOOC.jpg:large

He cost them the title

Did Kolo round his teammates in a huddle and tell them that they couldn't allow an own goal? LOL

Bm-1sJaCQAEmOOC.jpg:large

He cost them the title

Gerrard didn't tell them that they couldn't allow an own goal either. And as I'm not privy to dressing room conversations I have no idea what Kolo has been telling them.

He didn't cost us anything.

I've always thought you were. Odd that. How do you think the end of the season will go?

I still reckon you'll win it but I'm horribly pessimistic when it comes to Liverpool so that might be playing a part in it....

We'll batter Newcastle, but City will win both their games too meaning we'll finish 2nd.

I've been optimistic from the start of the season about how well we'd do (in comparison to 90% of people; I thought we'd get top four which most said we had no chance of).

Gerrard certainly was one of the major reasons why Chelsea won. Not only did he gifted the goal but then after that kept on taking shots from ridiculous angles just to rectify his mistake heroically. Showed zero composure for such an experience player.

Gerrard certainly was one of the major reasons why Chelsea won. Not only did he gifted the goal but then after that kept on taking shots from ridiculous angles just to rectify his mistake heroically. Showed zero composure for such an experience player.

I dont think he does it to be a hero or to grab the headlines. He did it because he was getting frustrated that there was no way through Chelsea and their army of defenders.

In fairness, Gerrard probably should have scored two of them. The header especially, he hit the ball right at Schwarzer.

We'll batter Newcastle, but City will win both their games too meaning we'll finish 2nd.

I've been optimistic from the start of the season about how well we'd do (in comparison to 90% of people; I thought we'd get top four which most said we had no chance of).

But if every year you guys say "this will be our year" you'll be right eventually no? :smirk:

I dont think he does it to be a hero or to grab the headlines. He did it because he was getting frustrated that there was no way through Chelsea and their army of defenders.

In fairness, Gerrard probably should have scored two of them. The header especially, he hit the ball right at Schwarzer.

That's what I said absolutely no composure from a very experienced player.

I hate everybody thinking the title is 100% over. The more we say that, the more I worry that City will slip up and Liverpool will win it. After all the happiness that they won't win it, that will be terrible

I think Gerrard has to take a lot of responsibility for that game and to an extent the Palace game.

There is no doubt he has driven you forward this year and is a large factor of why you're close in the first place but Gerrard lost all composure against Chelsea and against Palace, as captain, he has to take some responsibility. Sakho Skrtel and Mignolet moreso, but there was nothing stopping Gerrard calming their heads and getting them going.

I've always thought Gerrard is a good leader but this end to the season has highlighted that on this occasion the emotion of being close has really got to him.

I hate everybody thinking the title is 100% over. The more we say that, the more I worry that City will slip up and Liverpool will win it. After all the happiness that they won't win it, that will be terrible

I don't think we do - after Evertons game City really do worry me. Just the way they shut down and looked so uninterested at times.

But still gotta take this moment by the scruff - if Liverpool win we will never hear the end of it whether we made rational comments now or not, so might as well get on the band wagon!

Over the course of the season, your right Barney, you can't blame Gerrard. But from the position you were in he literally cost you the title. A cruel irony.

There hasn't been a standout team for me, another year the winner is the best of a bad lot. City have dropped so many points, crazy that they're still in there.

They can afford to slip up, that's why the Palace result was so beautiful. City don't lose at home and I can't see them dropping points in two consecutive games there.

A scouse mate of mine on Facebook just wrote that he hopes someone nails Suarez in the 92nd minute of their last match on Saturday, fecking mental :wenger:

Gerrard didn't tell them that they couldn't allow an own goal either. And as I'm not privy to dressing room conversations I have no idea what Kolo has been telling them.

Must have been someone else I saw slipping and costing you the vital first goal in your most important game of the season.

It's karmic justice for his "slippery pass to Chelsea back then"

Oh.. if the scouse fails to win it, it'll make me belief in Karma. That and I can't believe he goes live on the record saying "Don't let this slip", I don't recall anyone of us ever said anything before actually winning the damn thing.

The group huddle was vomit inducing, they haven't won nothing at that time, a rival win is all, but nothing is sewn.

Serve them right

It's karmic justice for his "slippery pass to Chelsea back then"

Oh.. if the scouse fails to win it, it'll make me belief in Karma. That and I can't believe he goes live on the record saying "Don't let this slip", I don't recall anyone of us ever said anything before actually winning the damn thing.

The group huddle was vomit inducing, they haven't won nothing at that time, a rival win is all, but nothing is sewn.

Serve them right

I can feel your "love" for them alright :lol:
The group thingy was cringeworthy, like a very bad American sports movie.

The managers tactics carry the largest cost, inexperience all round IMO.