Rashford considering his future...

Barca can have him. Them being interested in him is just an example of how shit their transfers have been for the most part the last couple of years.

Big name and fee signings were a disaster for them (except Frenkie). Rashford would just be another one. Their young guns and under the radar signings are saving them currently.

They're interested in him just like PSG wanted Mourinho back in early 2018.

He's only baiting the club into giving him a better and improved contract.

Good riddance. Never thought he was anything more than a backup attacker who can come in and run at tired defenses. He's not skilled enough to be a winger and not clinical enough to be a striker, even if he does stay we should be looking to bring in a quality option on the right.

It’s a tricky one.

The chances to sell him for a good sum are probably this summer all things considered.

If he stays and has a good season next year then his contract will only have 1 year to go…so any sale would be limited.

But do United want to give him an extension after this season…it would be a big risk to sign him up on a bigger wage for 4-5 seasons.

The right choice for the player and club aren’t clear in this case.

I think you should be the one who read up bit on mental health if you still think abuse and criticism are the same thing despite of me already telling you they are different.
well i mentioned them as two different things

I referred to events outside Old Trafford as criticism and I talked about abuse online

I literally differentiated between them several times

the thing they have in common, despite being different things is they can affect someones mental health

no idea what you are on about mate - maybe read back and review - best to leave it there

Just coming back to laugh at Liverpool being interested and about the phone that keeps ringing

well i mentioned them as two different things

I referred to events outside Old Trafford as criticism and I talked about abuse online

I literally differentiated between them several times

the thing they have in common, despite being different things is they can affect someones mental health

no idea what you are on about mate - maybe read back and review - best to leave it there

But I'm not talking about the online abuse because it has nothing to do with the guy on the video. If online abuse is the reason why Rashford behave like that to people who don't abuse him and Rashford himself still believe it's the right thing to do, then he needs to stop playing and have some medication.

But I'm not talking about the online abuse because it has nothing to do with the guy on the video. If online abuse is the reason why Rashford behave like that to people who don't abuse him and Rashford himself still believe it's the right thing to do, then he needs to stop playing and have some medication.
yes but as i explained - a number of times in this thread i will add

Online abuse + poor performances + factors we are not aware of + criticism outside the stadium = Rashford's reaction

The context of whats going in the big picture obviously has an impact unless you are completely ignorant

the 'he needs to stop playing and have some medication line is quite something though'

Online abuse + poor performances + factors we are not aware of + criticism outside the stadium = Rashford's reaction

The context of whats going in the big picture obviously has an impact unless you are completely ignorant

the 'he needs to stop playing and have some medication line is quite something though'

Here we go, excuses again. You just told me all of those affect his mental health. If you have mental health issue, then it's only right to take a break and get some medication help!! If he doesn't have the mental issue then get a grip and acknowledge what he did was wrong.

The lack of empathy for one of our own is disturbing on this forum. There are so many posts like this one, not just aimed at Rashford but several of our players.

It's all Marc Goldbridge's fault :)
I couldn't care less about "one of our own" bs and why are people making so many excuses for his extended period of underperformance? Does every player that is not upto the standards need mental help? Havent seen so many excuses made for a player. It was the same with Lingard when he came out with his story.

Honestly I think utd fans deserve what they are getting right now because how quick they are in getting the excuses out for not so good players.

Here we go, excuses again. You just told me all of those affect his mental health. If you have mental health issue, then it's only right to take a break and get some medication help!! If he doesn't have the mental issue then get a grip and acknowledge what he did was wrong.
We all have mental health issues

We all have times we react badly

We all have times we lash out

Should we all be on medication or maybe you dont know what you are talking about?

Which begs a larger question about society in general: how much are young adults and teenagers being taught about taking criticism and building stronger resilience nowadays? It's almost crazy to believe that younger adults and teenagers look so fragile compared to those who came just before them (let's say anyone closer to 30 years and older).
To be fair we grew up with fergie giving the infamous hairdryer treatment and booting beckham in the face. Now imagine rangnick kicking a boot in anger because rahsford didn't track back and it hits rashford in the face requiring stitches and rashford rants about it on sm, there would be a virtual riot calling for rangnicks head on a spike.

If a remember correctly keane got punched in the face for being cocky with clough at nottingham.

We all have mental health issues

We all have times we react badly

We all have times we lash out

Should we all be on medication or maybe you dont know what you are talking about?

If you have mental health issue then you should.

He could easily just said, what I did was wrong and I apologise to everyone including people on that video, I was mentally too emotional after what has happened to me recently. But he didn't. Instead, he was making excuses to defend his action by blaming the guy on the video that he was abused by the guy. He's not acknowledging his mistake, he's defending his action by blaming the guy who only did soft criticism.

Lets for a moment imagine that you have a co-worker who is struggling. Its primarily mental because you have seen him perform well at his job in the past.

Do you: Stand outside the workplace and shout at him so he works better
Or: Give him positive reinforcement as a means to help his mental game

I think you are comparing "complacency" with "I get to abuse people now"

The people whose job it is to adress the performance of the players in a professional capacity is the managerial staff.

Football fans screaming outside a stadium , or god forbid Twitter, is akin to a group of "fish&chips while shitfaced at 3am" people standing outside the Bocuse d'Or yelling at Michelin Chefs over the seasoning.

I am unhappy about Rashfords performance, and the team in general. But is me and you going online or at the stadium to hurl profanity and be as toxic as possible going to offer ANY help? Of course not.

You dont have to support any player if you dont want to, but my opinion on you as a person is certainly impacted by the way you treat people.
I have never said that it acceptable to abuse anyone. I find it funny how quick he is to respond to criticism hiding behind his essays but never respond on the pitch. I see no evidence of him trying, TRYING to put things right. All I see him is strolling around the pitch sulking.

Sorry but that is unacceptable for me and I can't support such players who can't be arsed. Show some fight and I stand by him. Not at the moment. He has lost that from the fans.

The meltdown when he and Martial stay next summer for a new start under a new manager :lol: The club is in a seriously bad situation with strikers at the moment, with two leaving at the end of the season most likely and another possibly being fired by the club, i'd be very surprised if Rashford was let go.

...even more that Barca would want him. Even at his very best Rashford just does not strike me as a Barca player in the slightest. Not having a go at him but if they want to get back to where they were and they play the traditional Barca way then, ...Rashford is just not a Barca player.

The owners have spent the money. But they are responsible for the board. The board have hired shit managers. The managers have signed shit players.

But right now the playing squad is the biggest problem.

Yes we have lots of underperforming players, ever wonder why they’re not performing? It’s not like Rashford, Martial, Shaw, Pogba, Maguire, Cavani & AWB all turned into bad players over night, even Sancho has only had a handful of good games all season. There’s something not right at the club, blaming the players isn’t correct.
Oh and by the way the owners haven’t spent the money, they’ve allowed the club to spend money it generated on players.
The owners piss poor management and planning has far bigger impacts on the players than you realise. If we were a well run club we’d be in a far far better position than we are now.
I’m hoping Ralf having a say at a higher level and working with a 1st manager with a similar philosophy then we’ll see massive improvements in the players and results.

He was poor no doubt. Pogba wasn't any better. Some of the players who started weren't great either.

He could come on for just 5 mins and that would be enough for some on here.

Utd fans need to start focusing on the real problem. The owners and board.
How is it the owners and boards fault a player who supposedly loves the club doesn't even do the bare minimum to help himself out of the slump he's currently in. Just how? How?

You mentioned Pogba. Well he can feck off as well. The 2 of them are all that's wrong with the club. Horrible mentality from the both of them. Pogba checked out a long time ago. Any player can and will hit a slump in form. It's how they deal with it which will make all the difference. They can either give 110% effort even if the form isn't there or they can down tools and blame everyone and everything but themselves. If he's still suffering from an injury or his mental health isn't right then he should ask to be taken out of the lime light for however long it takes. A supporter can forgive many things about a player but a severe lack of effort isn't one of them.

Take Dembele. When he came on at the Camp Nou after the club told him he wouldn't play for them again he had 80,000 booing him. Did he hide away? He's now producing the form of his life to shut his critics up which is a hell of a lot more than Rashfords doing.

Sink or swim. It's that easy.

He has reduced playing time due to the form though. We need some good man management here to make him understand and feel valued that there is absolutely an important role for him once his levels improve again. Its not an unreasonable thing. Little talk of him being unhappy with reduced playing time, of course he's unhappy but you don't sell a player because they are unhappy with reduced playing time after a bad spell. Up to them to get past the bad spell and force their way back in. Not like we are spoiled for choice, 2 good back to back games and he'll be a starter again, simply as the competition for places is virtually non existent.

And long term even if we sign a winger. Manage them like City or Liverpool do. Who is the backup or starter out of Diaz/Jota/Mane/Firmino for Liverpool? What about between Mahrez, Sterling, Grealish, Foden, Jesus, Bernardo Silva? None are backups, all are rotated and have a fair shot at starting any game. That's what we need to develop and Rashford can easily be part of a group like that.

We are actually in agreement. Yet
As I said. The onus is on him to be happy with reduced time when out of form. On top of ready to be rotated when competition is stiff. Right now, even with competition fleeting to none existent. Plus Ragnick has given him ample support in public. The message as yet from him and his camp is one of discontent with a reduced role (yet its his fault due to bad form) , blaming it on being out of position and considering his future as a result of those 2 things.

Truth be told, where United is right now we can't afford ANY discontent guys on our books if we desire to restore our previous glory. So if he keeps insisting on considering his future rather than working to be an inform key man again. We shouldn't stand in his way.

I couldn't care less about "one of our own" bs and why are people making so many excuses for his extended period of underperformance? Does every player that is not up to the standards need mental help? Haven't seen so many excuses made for a player. It was the same with Lingard when he came out with his story.

Honestly, I think utd fans deserve what they are getting right now because of how quick they are in getting the excuses out for not so good players.

He's not up to standard this season, along with most of the United squad in truth, but he had exceeded those standards 12 months ago. Some still harbour hopes that he will eventually return to that form. Same for Shaw, Pogba, Maguire, Bruno, Fred and Martial, all of whom have proven to be significantly better players than we've seen this year.

It may be easy for fans such as yourself to cast aside those you no longer rate. It's not so easy for others.

"I couldn't care less about one of our own bs" speaks volumes. I wonder, though. Would you be so quick to condemn a less hated player like Varane or Sancho if they acted in the same way Rashford did the other night?

This one hurts more because he’s an academy lad, loves the club (which unfortunately is not in a position to carry strugglers or players trying to find form right now) by all accounts seems a decent guy and we know what he can do for us on the pitch from previous seasons.

Personally I expected the start of the season to be a write off from the moment he delayed that surgery till after the euros. Ole ran him into the ground but players will say they are ok to carry on playing with injections and the lad wanted to live out a dream playing at the euros, who can blame him if we take our United tinted glasses off.

He then suffered abuse after our Europa league defeat and again after the penalty miss for England. I knew the start of the season wouldn’t be easy for him.

Finally throw in the delayed surgery which was more frustrating due to the lack of game time at the euros and then a return to an unsettled club. Recipe for disaster.

I’m not making excuses for him. He has to accept responsibility, focus on football and get back to enjoying it. Players have to accept criticism based on match performances. But with all the other stuff going with him regarding social media I feel like it’s doing him more harm than good when combined with a lack of form and confidence
right now.

I’d be gutted he left on a whimper tbh.

One can only hope he leaves as he's simply not very good anymore. He won't leave though because he's a PR dream for the club. We'll see whether or not the next manager has the balls to tell him to sit on the bench or leave.

That's how I see it playing out. He's trying to create leverage hence the leak. A new manager will come in, he will be motivated and get a new deal.
Good chance that won't turn out well in the end.

If his phone hasnt stopped ringing for one and a half months then his phone OS might be fecked you stupid bellend PR team. It is not an indication of interest from a team in Spain.

Of course this came out after his latest incident. Of fecking course. Protect the image at all cost. Shit on United and put pressure at the club when its already dead. Coming from a proper Mancunian player's PR team by the way.

Right on. Getting sick of his PR nonsense.

If we're 90s Liverpool right now, Rashford might just be our Robbie Fowler. Which means we're a good 30 years away from getting our Jürgen Klopp. But we might win a Mickey Mouse treble in a few years time. :lol:

Good chance that won't turn out well in the end.
Time will tell. Also don't think the club has an appetite to see him go. He's a local kid, obviously very philanthropic and when on form a great player. He's what you would consider the total package as far as branding/marketing. Rashford leaving would be bad optics for the club. As we know, this club is very image conscious of their brand perception.

Time will tell. Also don't think the club has an appetite to see him go. He's a local kid, obviously very philanthropic and when on form a great player. He's what you would consider the total package as far as branding/marketing. Rashford leaving would be bad optics for the club. As we know, this club is very image conscious of their brand perception.
The club would have better brand perception if it were to actually win trophies. Going the way we're going is harming it; the rest of Europe mock us the same way we used to mock Liverpool

The club would have better brand perception if it were to actually win trophies. Going the way we're going is harming it; the rest of Europe mock us the same way we used to mock Liverpool
Oh I agree. But the club cares more about making money than winning trophies.

That might explain his reaction but doesn't justify him trying to spin the narrative of the situation.

for me that's the most aggravating factor that he himself see's nothing wrong with his actions.

The letter itself only polarizes the fan base and if anything should have simply apologized and moved on. This situation is entirely of his own making. Of course I would have a completely different opinion had he actually been abused by the fan in question.

He's not up to standard this season, along with most of the United squad in truth, but he had exceeded those standards 12 months ago. Some still harbour hopes that he will eventually return to that form. Same for Shaw, Pogba, Maguire, Bruno, Fred and Martial, all of whom have proven to be significantly better players than we've seen this year.

It may be easy for fans such as yourself to cast aside those you no longer rate. It's not so easy for others.

"I couldn't care less about one of our own bs" speaks volumes. I wonder, though. Would you be so quick to condemn a less hated player like Varane or Sancho if they acted in the same way Rashford did the other night?
You're getting it wrong. I don't care about what he did the other night. What I don't like is why do we keep making excuses for a player who is clearly underperforming and is showing zero signs of improvement. He isn't good enough to even start for England. If it was for a smaller period, yes I will give it a pass but for 2 seasons now?

Yes, I don't care about "one of our own". I am a passionate fan of Manchester United and that's my primary concern. If "one of our own" who btw earns more than the other better performing players in the league doesn't bother to turn up in games, whose body language says that he doesn't really wanna be here then he gets zero support from me.

I'm surprised to see so many ignoring how bad he is this season and how good he is with his PR team. Poor every game, either starting or as a sub, has the audacity to leak it to the press about him "considering his future", leaves no opportunity behind in order to gain sympathy using social media. I would have ignored all that if I saw a little bit of effort on the pitch but nope. That is my complaint right there.

He has achieved feck all in his footballling career but the ego is bigger than CR7's. Sorry mate but if you wanna support a player like that then feel free to do it but in the process of doing so, keep the best interests of the club on priority as well.

That's how I see it playing out. He's trying to create leverage hence the leak. A new manager will come in, he will be motivated and get a new deal.
250k-300k pw contract incoming. He has seen what Jadon is earning.

A one-for-one swap with Frenkie de Jong, shall we?

Hopefully they are thinking about it. They could easily replace de Jong with free signing like Kessie. But de Jong has always been dreamed to play for Barcelona, don't know if de Jong is even interested to leave Barcelona at the moment.

How is it the owners and boards fault a player who supposedly loves the club doesn't even do the bare minimum to help himself out of the slump he's currently in. Just how? How?

You mentioned Pogba. Well he can feck off as well. The 2 of them are all that's wrong with the club. Horrible mentality from the both of them. Pogba checked out a long time ago. Any player can and will hit a slump in form. It's how they deal with it which will make all the difference. They can either give 110% effort even if the form isn't there or they can down tools and blame everyone and everything but themselves. If he's still suffering from an injury or his mental health isn't right then he should ask to be taken out of the lime light for however long it takes. A supporter can forgive many things about a player but a severe lack of effort isn't one of them.

Take Dembele. When he came on at the Camp Nou after the club told him he wouldn't play for them again he had 80,000 booing him. Did he hide away? He's now producing the form of his life to shut his critics up which is a hell of a lot more than Rashfords doing.

Sink or swim. It's that easy.
Brilliant post, critique is king here.

Yes we have lots of underperforming players, ever wonder why they’re not performing? It’s not like Rashford, Martial, Shaw, Pogba, Maguire, Cavani & AWB all turned into bad players over night, even Sancho has only had a handful of good games all season. There’s something not right at the club, blaming the players isn’t correct.
Oh and by the way the owners haven’t spent the money, they’ve allowed the club to spend money it generated on players.
The owners piss poor management and planning has far bigger impacts on the players than you realise. If we were a well run club we’d be in a far far better position than we are now.
I’m hoping Ralf having a say at a higher level and working with a 1st manager with a similar philosophy then we’ll see massive improvements in the players and results.
They were overrated to begin with and cavani is just aging.

Surely demonstrating some basic comprehension was a prerequisite of earning your tagline
Having some basic understanding of life would
make sense too. Getting away from the pressure and resetting himself mentally is probably a very good thing for him to do right now.

Fans seem to have some sense of entitlement where they expect players to be robots and not humans.

There is nothing wrong with him taking a break at this time and if you believe there is, you need to give your head a wobble