Ralf Rangnick | ex-interim manager | does anyone rate him?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we reallybare after Poch or Ten Haag and the club want to build around that new manager, ehat alternative did the have to Ralf?

Maybe could have put him in straight upstairs but we would have still needed an interim manager.

Not really, we've wasted over half a season with him, time that's costed us 2 (ok that might be a stretch) trophies and UCL football for next season. I can't just shrug that off because we know he's gone in a few weeks
Also what style of play has he even implemented? We might look slightly better defensively but we still look absolutely clueless going forward, if not worse than under Ole. And he's failed miserably at his main objective of stabilising the ship and getting top 4.

Not really, we've wasted over half a season with him, time that's costed us 2 (ok that might be a stretch) trophies and UCL football for next season. I can't just shrug that off because we know he's gone in a few weeks

Oh I agree mate. The guy has been a disaster. I’m just relieved that he wasn’t made the permanent manager in a moment of madness like our Norwegian legend was.

Also what style of play has he implemented? We might look slightly better defensively but we still look absolutely clueless going forward, if not worse than under Ole.

agreed

hes been an absolute disaster at every conceivable level

Half the squad is out of contract thankfully
Mata, Pogba, Cavani, Ronaldo are definitely gone. Martial probably too, add Matic to that. I think even then I would get rid of AWB, Maguire too. We've gone from having too many attackers to being left with Sancho, Rashford and Elanga backed up by Pellistri and Diallo :lol: .

Along with wasting one of two annual Transfer Windows.

- Forced to play players
- Poor squad
- He is only interim
- Can only do so much
- blah blah blah

Truth is, we can’t attack, we can’t defend, we don’t look good as a team, players don’t look good individually. LvG mk II, just worse.
Let’s be honest, if he had overseen the Villarreal game instead of Carrick, we wouldn’t even have qualified for the knocking stage.

Honestly sickening the lengths this fanbase goes to defend mediocrity. These people really deserve nights like tonight.

Once the January transfer window was over and not one of the multiple CDM type players we were variously linked with were signed the writing was on the way for me.

Not only did we not strengthen the part of the field every football fan knows is our weakest area, but it also sent a signal to the rest of the team that the board wasn't backing Ralf.

I actually feel really sorry for him. It was a hard enough role already but they couldn't even pony up 30m on a position we probably need three new players in.

The term false economy is huge here. No money from Champions League qualification, no later stages CL money either. Good luck trying to get top notch manager talent in the summer without that and good luck getting our top transfer targets without the top notch manager or CL next season.

The trouble is everyone on CAF could see all of this at the end of last summer. How we've gone into this campaign with a bottom third central midfield is scandalous.

Tonight showed me he isn't good enough. We finally beat a big team with a proper coach in charge by putting out a more balanced team and he throws that away by bringing Bruno back into the starting 11 which ALWAYS causes problems in big games.

don't know why we didn't go with a 3 man midfield. Matic sitting in front of two b2b players who can do the running in Fred and McTominay.

At that stage the game is lost, lets not get into the Shaw offside trap debate shall we, its a long known terrible flaw in his game.

Dalot wasn't showing wide as much as he normally would, but line up 10 United fans before kick off on who is more offensive out of him and AWB, 9 would say he is.

Show me 9 United fans who think Dalot is an attacking fullback and I'll show you 9 United fans that must barely watch the guy play.

Honestly sickening the lengths this fanbase goes to defend mediocrity. These people really deserve nights like tonight.
It's so strange seeing these people actually delude themselves into thinking they are being level headed.

Wow. People really expected us to win champions league. Having said that I’m abit disappointed in him tbh. He should have shown something really good at utd the time has has been here but he didn’t so I don’t know how he can be fully trusted going into the future.

Were we that bad really? I thought overall Atletico edged the first tie, certainly, but we were very much in the game tonight.

Yes Atletico played the percentages extremely well but we weren't out of our depth tonight or really over the course of the tie. Despite Atletico not being at their best this season I think anybody would agree they've been more successful than us of late so overall can it really be said that Ralf did a horrendous job over the two legs? There was very little in it.

I'd say it was one of a number of likely outcomes. In fact it's exactly what I feared and stated at the start of the tie. Atletico were more seasoned, very drilled, play the dark arts well and basically are more street wise than us and that's got them through. In fact they're like the antithesis of us, we are a pretty dumb collection of players.

:lol: Every time a comment like this whenever there is a decent amount of criticism of Ralf. Its like clockwork.

It's the same posters over and over again. Nothing against 'decent amount of criticism'. I'm not his biggest fan either but some are taking the piss in here and can't wait to have a go the moment we draw or lose a game. We didn't even play that bad today especially in the first half. Yet there's some going completely overboard with Theo ciritcism about an interim manager that took over a broken squad I herited from an amateur

He got outdone by a better manager. Not sure what our tactics were in the second half. People like to give him a free pass but he has to take some accountability. Like Scholes said he shouldn't be managing us even for a game but hey here we are as the club.

He got outdone by a better manager. Not sure what our tactics were in the second half. People like to give him a free pass but he has to take some accountability. Like Scholes said he shouldn't be managing us even for a game but hey here we are as the club.

Oh so now Scholes can critice a manager?

It's the same posters over and over again. Nothing against 'decent amount of criticism'. I'm not his biggest fan either but some are taking the piss in here and can't wait to have a go the moment we draw or lose a game. We didn't even play that bad today especially in the first half. Yet there's some going completely overboard with Theo ciritcism about an interim manager that took over a broken squad I herited from an amateur
After the amount of fanfare with his appointment, I suppose this criticism is expected and somewhat fair given he hasn't improved us much (a little but a very disappointing amount) upon what was a disastrous last couple of months under Ole.

Forks are out from the butthurt Ole apologists I see

:lol:

One won 54 % of his games and was judged not good enough (rightly so). The other wins 45 % and if you even try to criticise him you're labelled an apologist of the former. Pot, kettle, black.

A Manchester United manager who only wins 4.5 out of 10 games is a complete and utter embarrassment. Anyone making any sort of excuses for him deserves every bit of the rotten state the club is in.

This. I think Rangnick is a good coach and he's set us up pretty well. However, when you manage a squad of bottlers who can't handle the pressure of having to score goals or keep goals out what can you do? I doubt Ralf was telling them that the right thing to do would be let Jack Grealish and Phil Fodden do them like kippers for the first couple of goals.

Squad's a joke. An example of how easy it is to waste hundreds of millions in football. Man Utd since Fergie should be a case study of how not to run a football club. Dearie me, just imagine we'd given Ralf £1 billion to spend half a dozen years ago. The team we'd have now...
Yep. Agreed.

Yeah. Not his finest hour. Fine margins, innit. If we had scored the Elanga one when we were flying, different story. All fell apart a bit second half.

After the amount of fanfare with his appointment, I suppose this criticism is expected and somewhat fair given he hasn't improved us much (a little but a very disappointing amount) upon what was a disastrous last couple of months under Ole.

Yeah that's fair. I hoped for more too but hey ho. I just wish we'd have a proper clearout in the summer. Some of the players in our squad are taking the piss still being here

One won 54 % of his games and was judged not good enough (rightly so). The other wins 45 % and if you even try to criticise him you're labelled an apologist of the former. Pot, kettle, black.

A Manchester United manager who only wins 4.5 out of 10 games is a complete and utter embarrassment. Anyone making any sort of excuses for him deserves every bit of the rotten state the club is in.
How much did Ole spend again? didnt fecking play half of them either

amen

Sometimes I feel like I’m seeing Ole drove the bus into a ditch but people are complaining about Ralf towing it out.

It's not been very good has it.

I know in terms of the people to blame for where we are as a club he'd be very low down the list but he's been nowhere near as good as I was led to believe he'd be.

We still look dodgy as feck defensively and our goalscoring under him is dreadful.

The gaffer doesn't put the ball in the back of the net nor does he leave a guy unmarked at the back post.....fuking numpty players we have are the cause of this

too many passengers on this team who make big money and don't give a fuk about the club

Not been the lift we needed after the Ole horror show, but we have seen small glimpses of a proper football team under Ralf but the results have been dreadful. Also his honesty is refreshing - no bullshit.

He wasn't good enough.

Ralf isn't good enough.

Whatever Ole did or didn't do doesn't excuse what Ralf is doing currently.
There's a link. Its Oles squad, its Oles fostered player power and egos which Rangnick has inherited. You cant click fingers and see that fixed.

Even world class managers like Pep and Klopp took a year to bed in, and they were permanent hires. Rangnick isn't even on their level so why aren't we giving any context?

Status
Not open for further replies.