Raheem Sterling to...? | joins Arsenal on loan

Status
Not open for further replies.
We know what we'll be getting with him like we knew what we'll be getting with Sanchez right?
Yes we got the Sanchez that was at Arsenal the previous season (he was not good that last 6-8 months there). We wanted the Sanchez that was at Arsenal prior to that. With Sterling, I don’t think his levels have dropped, he’s just playing in a mess of a club. Now he can swap that for our mess of a club!

i'm sorry but i would rather have a 29 yr old Sterling than a 24 yr old Sancho who can't beat a player 1v1 or a 24 yr old Antony that can't beat anyone 1v1

sterling is a better dribbler than either nad probably both combined

There’s only one Chelsea right sided attacker we should be going for and it isn’t Sterling

He is doing a decent job of the old Michael Owen "let's see if I can make every fanbase in British football hate me" career moves.
It’s possible. You just don’t want his people reassessing things when he doesn’t start as much as he wants. If he can regain any form he’s a plus and I for one am glad he’s not ready for Sunday. Anyway add him to the nearly 150 million spent this summer which means ETH will have to make a title challenge with no excuses.

It’s possible. You just don’t want his people reassessing things when he doesn’t start as much as he wants. If he can regain any form he’s a plus and I for one am glad he’s not ready for Sunday. Anyway add him to the nearly 150 million spent this summer which means ETH will have to make a title challenge with no excuses.
Literally no one at United is expecting that. If he makes top four I think he keeps his job. Should he keep his job is another question.

So you don't think he'd get into our team?

He possibly could ahead of Rashford or Amad but not Garnacho. Over the past 2 seasons combined he has not outperformed Rashford so its touch and go.

He was dropped from the England squad for a reason

Arnt Garnacho's stats when playing on the right far better than his stats when playing on the left though?
Try watching performances
Also Sterling stats over the past 2 seasons are not better than Rashfords if you want to go the stats route

I would take Sterling on loan with Chelsea covering majority of his wages only

The strange thing is, this is less weird than Darwin Nunez to Arsenal and that’s happening

That one can probably fall under "player with big strengths and massive weaknesses is chucked out by new manager with new system/preferences" which happens fairly regularly.

i'm sorry but i would rather have a 29 yr old Sterling than a 24 yr old Sancho who can't beat a player 1v1 or a 24 yr old Antony that can't beat anyone 1v1

Have you watched Sterling over the last year or two? He's been fecking useless and he's nearly 30. Sancho was playing in the CL Semis last season, putting in MOTM performances against PSG, giving the fastest LB I know (Davies) the run around against Bayern.

Tbh Man Utd and Chelsea both paying each other money to swap two shite, overpaid players, thus not solving the problem for either and being a complete waste of everyone's time, seems like exactly the sort of thing that both clubs would do.

If you discount Man Utd and Chelsea it'd be the dumbest thing to happen in ages. If you don't then it''d just be the dumbest thing to happen since the last dumb thing Man Utd or Chelsea did.
:lol:

Yes, probably the only two clubs in the world who would do a swap that helps neither. The contest here is which of the two can convince the other for a slightly shittier deal.

I've got bad news for you.

2pOtZFL.jpeg

Sterling was the worst dribbler of the three last season. A terrible combo of high attempts along with one of the worst success rates imaginable. Statistically it's been 4 years since he was even a league average dribbler.

I think we'll get the better deal because, you know, Boehly. Probably ask for Sterling plus £30M in exchange for Sancho and our first draft pick.

Yeah it'll be related to his channel. He won't get any inside transfer scoops at united and if so, he wouldn't be allowed to leak or tease them like this
Just started watching his interview with Kenyon (haven’t forgiven him for effing up ronaldinho transfer) and he confirmed Ronaldo interview is coming up.

He possibly could ahead of Rashford or Amad but not Garnacho. Over the past 2 seasons combined he has not outperformed Rashford so its touch and go.

He was dropped from the England squad for a reason

It doesn't make sense to use his omission from the England squad as a measure of his ability. The reality is that neither of our wingers would likely make it into the current England team, which is stacked with talent.

swapping a 23 y.o washed up player for a 30 y.o washed yp player. What could go wrong?
Yikes, at least Sancho only has 2 years left in his contract. Sterling will ask for a 3-4 years contract

I've got bad news for you.

2pOtZFL.jpeg

Sterling was the worst dribbler of the three last season. A terrible combo of high attempts along with one of the worst success rates imaginable. Statistically it's been 4 years since he was even a league average dribbler.
stats don't always tell the entire truth.....ffs you've watched antony and sancho the past two years and you would still rather have those two guys???

Great window this summer, Yoro, Zirkzee, De Ligt, Mazraoui, and Ugarte, I hope to god we don't mess up the good work by signing a 29 terrible and overpaid player who cause a ruckus if he is benched.

Don’t rate him. Don’t like him. Don’t want him. This would be a backwards move. The fans would be on his case as well. Chelsea fans never liked him from the off.

Sancho for 40m + loan for Sterling would not be a bad deal. Everyone seems to think we're stacked in the wings. Reality is, we only have 1 proper winger in Garnacho. Rashford and Antony are worse than Sterling right now. Amad, while having potential, hasn't shown he can take control of games yet to make that right wing his. Loan will not be a bad option.

Can't understand why fans is against signing Sterling rather than Sancho sitting on the bench or loan and eventually leaving on free. Most of us won't not sign Sterling but if it helps to get rid of Sancho, I will most certainly do that. As long as the financial outlay is less than keeping Sancho, I will do this deal anyday anytime. Please remember that the problem is Sancho that we are trying to solve.

Status
Not open for further replies.