Raheem Sterling to...? | joins Arsenal on loan

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the options are either swapping with Sterling or keeping Sancho I’d much rather Sterling. Far from ideal though.
I’d rather keep Sancho than be stuck with a 30 year old has been on huge wages.

I think your alternative is having a player on 325k per week playing in your reserves

But your scenario will have us paying roughly the same in wages anyway, (assuming Sancho takes a pay cut to come here) between Sancho’s wages and half of Sterling’s wages but with the added embarrassment of helping United pay Sterling’s wages.

I’d rather keep Sancho than be stuck with a 30 year old has been on huge wages.
We’re currently stuck with a 23 year old has been on massive wages. At least Sterling might turn up for training now and again.

Just playing devils advocate, mind. Sterling in a United shirt excites me about as much as a Saturday walking round B&M.

Maybe saddest part in all this; Sterling is not worse (not saying he is better) than our two best wingers (Rashford and Garnacho). Mind blowing stuff when you think that we spent 600 mil euros in last 2 years.

Pretty clear if this went through our best winger combo would be Sterling on the left, Garnacho on the right.

Amad has already shown in the space of 2 games that hes not up to being a nailed on starter at this stage.
City, then England, then Chelsea have all deemed Sterling as "not a nailed on starter", so much so they've forced him out their club/team. So why should he be a nailed on starter for us? And consider we're getting an even older, slower and worse version of Sterling than City, England and Chelsea have got over the last 3 years.

I don't know why people have such a preference for inconsistent old players over inconsistent young players. At least you're getting some longer term benefit out of watching a young player's inconsistency, as they'll improve from it and you'll reap the rewards later. The only thing you get out of watching an inconsistent old player is further decline in his performances.

Pretty clear if this went through our best winger combo would be Sterling on the left, Garnacho on the right.

Amad has already shown in the space of 2 games that hes not up to being a nailed on starter at this stage.
I’d be far happier us doing something here.

Onana
Dalot De Ligt Martinez Shaw
Ugarte Mainoo
Garnacho Bruno Sterling
Højlund

Bayindir
Mazraoui Yoro Maguire Amass
Casemiro Eriksen
Amad Mount Rashford
Zirkzee

Evans
Lindelof
Malacia
Collyer
Antony
Wheatley
Obi Martin

Edit: @Berbaclass happy now?​

Last edited:
I’d be far happier us doing something here.

Onana
Dalot De Ligt Martinez Shaw
Casemiro Mainoo
Garnacho Bruno Sterling
Højlund

Bayindir
Mazraoui Yoro Maguire Amass
Ugarte Eriksen
Amad Mount Rashford
Zirkzee

Evans
Lindelof
Malacia
Collyer
Antony
Wheatley
Obi Martin
Ugarte is starting

Sterling would provide a needed competition for Rashford, and would start easily ahead of him on current form. He isn't a long term solution, but we only have one reliable wide player currently in Garnacho, who is only 20 and I wouldn't blame him if he had an inconsistent seasons considering his age.

It's not as if we're trying to sign anyone else decent. If Sancho goes to Juventus on loan that will be it this summer.

It's simple, United with Sterling is better than United without him. To what degree we'll see, but I don't see a downside here, if he comes it'll be on the cheap, on more reasonable wages, and probably on a 2 years contract. Not much to lose if he flops.

But your scenario will have us paying roughly the same in wages anyway, (assuming Sancho takes a pay cut to come here) between Sancho’s wages and half of Sterling’s wages but with the added embarrassment of helping United pay Sterling’s wages.
And the added benefit of having Sancho. And presumably Chelsea see that as a benefit as they want to sign him

Anyway I don’t know in real life how it’ll go. Perhaps you have a better idea?

Would just show why the club is still stupid. Clearly we need a LW but why target Sterling. Just continues our trend of buying Chelsea players that are past their best. Mata, Matic, Mount and possibly Sterling now. Difference is he did feck all for Chelsea.

Atleast Sterling would actually try to play in Hojlund unlike our other wide men.

No thanks as this just screams an Ed Woodward type of signing. Just hope nothing materialises & he either is left to rot at Chelsea or gets a move elsewhere.

Plus his professional diving in the box would make Tom Daley proud.

Would just show why the club is still stupid. Clearly we need a LW but why target Sterling. Just continues our trend of buying Chelsea players that are past their best. Mata, Matic, Mount and possibly Sterling now. Difference is he did feck all for Chelsea.
Please suggest a better available affordable solution that doesn’t long term block a pathway for Garnacho/Amad/Lacey etc

City, then England, then Chelsea have all deemed Sterling as "not a nailed on starter", so much so they've forced him out their club/team. So why should he be a nailed on starter for us? And consider we're getting an even older, slower and worse version of Sterling than City, England and Chelsea have got over the last 3 years.

I don't know why people have such a preference for inconsistent old players over inconsistent young players. At least you're getting some longer term benefit out of watching a young player's inconsistency, as they'll improve from it and you'll reap the rewards later. The only thing you get out of watching an inconsistent old player is further decline in his performances.

Obvious isn't it? Because Rashford and Antony are footballing train wrecks. And Amad has played just 700 minutes of premier league football in his career to date. Of course Sterling would start ahead of those 3, at least to begin with.

No thanks as this just screams an Ed Woodward type of signing. Just hope nothing materialises & he either is left to rot at Chelsea or gets a move elsewhere.

Plus his professional diving in the box would make Tom Daley proud.
Good point, we might start winning penalties again! Sign him up!

Can’t see Rio doing this for Sterling. Maybe like someone else said, Ronaldo going on his channel or something.

Last edited:
And the added benefit of having Sancho. And presumably Chelsea see that as a benefit as they want to sign him

Anyway I don’t know in real life how it’ll go. Perhaps you have a better idea?

I honestly do not think Chelsea actually want Sancho. In my mind, the way I’ve contextualised it, is Chelsea are happy to use Sancho to get out of Sterling’s contract, and then immediately loan him to Palace or a club of that nature, and then hope to flip him for £40-50m next summer. That would be an ideal, best case scenario, outcome. We have no need or space for him in our team.

I honestly do not think Chelsea actually want Sancho. In my mind, the way I’ve contextualised it, is Chelsea are happy to use Sancho to get out of Sterling’s contract, and then immediately loan him to Palace or a club of that nature, and then hope to flip him for £40-50m next summer. That would be an ideal, best case scenario, outcome. We have no need or space for him in our team.
When has that ever stopped you?

Remember when players use to go the other way... Bosnich, Veron, Hughes, Donaghy etc... oh how the tables have turned.

In the league last season, Sterling had 8 goals and 8 assists.

Thats potentially 16 more goal contributions than Sancho will offer us.

If this gets through, count me out for the season :lol::lol:
I can’t believe what I’m reading on here tonight. Sterling was an absolute laughing stock on here a few months back. Now we are being linked with him and suddenly people are claiming he’d be our best winger.

Status
Not open for further replies.