Queen Elizabeth II | 1926-2022 | Rest in Peace

William sounds like an absolute bellend to be honest. Way worse than Charles.

Really? I thought he was supposed to be much more down-to-earth and accessible than the older generation. I don’t pay that much attention though.

Really? I thought he was supposed to be much more down-to-earth and accessible than the older generation. I don’t pay that much attention though.
Nah Peggy is an absolute weapon by all accounts

I have just walked past an estate agents who have removed all the photo advertising from the front window, the ones with the prices of each house and replaced them with a display dedicated to the old queen. There was at least 2 dozen of these slots all taken up by this bizarre memorial display.

Was her Maj on the donor register? Not seen anything on the news but you'd think any responsible person would be.

Parliament spending the day saying how sorry they are that an out dated insanely rich figure heads mum has died of old age in a castle.
You know cos they obviously have nothing better to be doing at moment. Not that it makes me angry or anything

Last edited:
What's even more galling is I'm used to Irish and Northern Funerals that take place just a few days later. This long drawn out "viewing" process is a bit much. I don't mind it taking as long as it does, if the crowds are turning up to view the body then fair enough...but it's not something that needs to be televised. If you are into that sort of thing then fine...but don't foist it on everyone.

Mind you - we have to be thankful that she at least went on Disney + day so there was some new online content to stream.

Nice of our new King to take a private plane from London to Edinburgh in the midst of an energy and climate crisis.

What's even more galling is I'm used to Irish and Northern Funerals that take place just a few days later. This long drawn out "viewing" process is a bit much. I don't mind it taking as long as it does, if the crowds are turning up to view the body then fair enough...but it's not something that needs to be televised. If you are into that sort of thing then fine...but don't foist it on everyone.

Mind you - we have to be thankful that she at least went on Disney + day so there was some new online content to stream.
It's not an open casket is it? At least I hope not. It wouldn't surprise me if the coffin is empty anyway. Here in England it's normal for us common folk to have funerals like 3 weeks after death. A few days later seems mega quick to me, a lot like how the Americans do it.

The Queen to lie in state in London: everything you need to know
What can people expect to see?

The closed coffin will be draped in a royal flag, usually a personal standard, and will rest on a raised platform called a catafalque, flanked by a military guard around the clock.

Is there anything I need to bring?

Official guidance suggests that people should bring suitable clothing for the weather, food and drinks to have while queueing, a portable power bank for your mobile phone and any essential medication. People are also advised to “dress appropriately for the occasion to pay your respects”, banning clothes “with political or offensive slogans”. People will not be allowed to bring flowers or other tribute items, including candles, soft toys, and photographs. Also banned are banners, flags, hampers, blankets and folding chairs. The government guidance says people should not film, photograph, use mobile phones or other handheld devices in the security search area or within the Palace of Westminster. Queue-jumpers and anyone drunk will be removed from the queue by stewards and police patrolling the lines.

The closed coffin will be draped in a royal flag, usually a personal standard, and will rest on a raised platform called a catafalque, flanked by a military guard around the clock.

Official guidance suggests that people should bring suitable clothing for the weather, food and drinks to have while queueing, a portable power bank for your mobile phone and any essential medication. People are also advised to “dress appropriately for the occasion to pay your respects”, banning clothes “with political or offensive slogans”. People will not be allowed to bring flowers or other tribute items, including candles, soft toys, and photographs. Also banned are banners, flags, hampers, blankets and folding chairs. The government guidance says people should not film, photograph, use mobile phones or other handheld devices in the security search area or within the Palace of Westminster. Queue-jumpers and anyone drunk will be removed from the queue by stewards and police patrolling the lines.
No Rape or paedophile jokes etc etc...

Arsenal - PSV postponed. I'm so fecking pissed. Feyenoord are playing PSV a couple days later and will have to play in Europe while PSV players can rest now. Such bollocks. Queens death influencing the Dutch league now, how stupid is that.

Genuine question, why don't they just ship her to the British Museum. Make some good money while at it.

I have just walked past an estate agents who have removed all the photo advertising from the front window, the ones with the prices of each house and replaced them with a display dedicated to the old queen. There was at least 2 dozen of these slots all taken up by this bizarre memorial display.
We're not allowed to post anything on social media either where I work.

I quite like his reaction here. Dude's just lost his mum and is involved in a really high pressure ceremony, and they give him a tiny fecking table. If it was me I would've chucked the tray on the floor and demanded a servant pick it up.

:lol:

"30 hour queues" with nowhere to sleep or even sit down.

I sense that these reports are an attempt by the government to dampen the numbers a bit so that this whole queueing operation doesn't need quite so much resource.

"30 hour queues" with nowhere to sleep or even sit down.

I sense that these reports are an attempt by the government to dampen the numbers a bit so that this whole queueing operation doesn't need quite so much resource.

Hang on, the queues are expected to be 30hrs long? :eek:

After they see the Queen they should all be taken off to a side room for a psychological evaluation.

Hang on, the queues are expected to be 30hrs long? :eek:

After they see the Queen they should all be taken off to a side room for a psychological evaluation.

That's the number that has been widely circulated this morning. 30 hours long, but also continuously moving, so you can't sit down. It's like a charity walk, except it's being done by an expected half a million people and they won't raise a penny for any charity.

I wonder how many people will die in the queue?

But let's not boo them at the football. :lol:

I'd love it if they showed the exact amount (in millions no doubt) that's allocated to the blessed Andrew.