Premier League Week 29 5/6 March

Even outside of the big bloke getting floored by a tiny touch - the ball has all but gone, Delaney is pulling out - they don't normally get given cos they don't have the nice kinda 'shape' of ----> defender sticks leg out - striker falls over it. That looks like a pen, I shall award pen - of what normally occurs. Unless of course it's cheating jammy sodding PenaltyPool and a feckwit busy-body lino wants his few seconds of fame in the 5th minute of fecking injury time.

Twats.

Even outside of the big bloke getting floored by a tiny touch - the ball has all but gone, Delaney is pulling out - they don't normally get given cos they don't have the nice kinda 'shape' of ----> defender sticks leg out - striker falls over it. That looks like a pen, I shall award pen - of what normally occurs. Unless of course it's cheating jammy sodding PenaltyPool and a feckwit busy-body lino wants his few seconds of fame in the 5th minute of fecking injury time.

Twats.

Very bitter. Assume you react in the same manner when Young, Rooney and Januzaj went for a little tumble?

Have they not been "cheating" then in the past?

First look at my phone after my own game and more than five messages saying "jammy cnuts" :lol:

Was there contact/was it a penalty? Or similar to the Vardy-Monreal penalty a couple of weeks ago when the striker initiated it?

First look at my phone after my own game and more than five messages saying "jammy cnuts" :lol:

Was there contact/was it a penalty? Or similar to the Vardy-Monreal penalty a couple of weeks ago when the striker initiated it?

It was a daft challenge, some contact, you will get many saying it wasn't and many saying it was.

There was contact, but not a lot. Only Benteke will know if it's enough to take him down.

Wait until you see Milner's red card. It's stupidity personified.

It was a daft challenge, some contact, you will get many saying it wasn't and many saying it was.

There was contact, but not a lot. Only Benteke will know if it's enough to take him down.

Wait until you see Milner's red card. It's stupidity personified.
Cheers. Just saw a gif on Lineker's twitter feed. Whether you think it's a penalty or not is everyone's own choice but you can't deny there's contact. Reckless, stupid challenge.

It's a fecking contact sport. That was not a foul or penalty by any means.

I didn't say it was. If I was in charge half of the free kicks we see today wouldn't be given, but those who were saying there was no contact were wrong

Agreed we get loads of penalties...........that's a massive 2 so far this season in the league.

Just proves even more that it was incredibly bad luck for Palace for that to be given, innit? :D

Also anywhere on the field, they just play on I reckon. Not enough contact for it to be worth stopping the game - and Benteke probably doesn't dive.

Cheers. Just saw a gif on Lineker's twitter feed. Whether you think it's a penalty or not is everyone's own choice but you can't deny there's contact. Reckless, stupid challenge.

Benteke's running at pace, Delaney slides in and catches his trailing leg. It's a penalty, I can understand people thinking it's soft but that does not detract from the fact Delaney's impeded his opponent who has already gone past him.

Vardy-Monreal was a stonewaller. This one was (at best) hilariously soft.

It's an odd one, I'd expect it to be given though. Palace looked like they had money on LFC to be honest. Had a free kick with 30 seconds to go, played it straight to Mignolet from their own half. Stupidity abound this weekend.

Vardy-Monreal was a stonewaller. This one was (at best) hilariously soft.
Yes I thought the same at the time, definite penalty but it was thanks to Monreal being caught in a position he shouldn't be it, once he was committed Vardy took full advantage of it but knew what he was doing. This one, Benteke can't do shit about the defender touching him. Once he feels the contact, he's entitled to go down. Might be soft but still a penalty imo, you have to take into account he's running at full pace and someone catches his foot.

Yes I thought the same at the time, definite penalty but it was thanks to Monreal being caught in a position he shouldn't be it, once he was committed Vardy took full advantage of it but knew what he was doing. This one, Benteke can't do shit about the defender touching him. Once he feels the contact, he's entitled to go down. Might be soft but still a penalty imo, you have to take into account he's running at full pace and someone catches his foot.

You've argued that rather well, which is annoying.

But, if we say Benteke was definitely touched & he didn't initiate the contact - I don't think he did, either.

Back at the Emirates, there is a (tiny one for me) suspicion Vardy knew what he was doing & fell deliberately over Monreal's leg.

That makes Benteke more of a penalty than Vardy then, :eek: which just can't be right.

I don't have an esp strong argument of agreed here, but if it quacks like a penalty & walks like a penalty then it probably is a penalty. And for me, the Vardy one qualifies as doing this & Big Ben crashing to earth when barely touched doesn't.

RAWK Rumour has it as being the first time ever that LFC have won from being behind with 10 vs. 11

:lol:
Ah the famous scouse sense of humour.

@Cina and @Sandikan Any further comments? Time to turn your green smilies upside down?

@Klopper76 we've beaten City at home and Palace away without Clyne, Sturridge and Coutinho despite them being fit. Like I said all our walking wounded are back and are playing to continue on their large contracts. They will die trying to convince Klopp to keep them on in the summer (well I hope they do). Also don't forget all our top games are out of the way (all top 10 away games, all our bogey away teams, etc). Still need to show some consistency but I can't see oppo fans laughing too loud with our hat in the top 4/3/2 ring now. :cool:

3 points from 6th with a game in hand. Not bad, really.

3 points from 6th with a game in hand. Not bad, really.

6 points behind City as it stands and 5 points behind Arsenal should we win our game in hand. Our 'toughest' two games remaining are Spurs and Chelsea both at Anfield. Then its a sequence of home and away games against teams that are not threatened by relegation or fighting for any league position finish. Apart from Newcastle, also at Anfield, and boy do we owe them a stuffing!

Enough games there for Sturridge to up his goalcoring tally and Coutinho/Firmino to start impressing the Brazilian boss.

@Cina and @Sandikan Any further comments? Time to turn your green smilies upside down?

@Klopper76 we've beaten City at home and Palace away without Clyne, Sturridge and Coutinho despite them being fit. Like I said all our walking wounded are back and are playing to continue on their large contracts. They will die trying to convince Klopp to keep them on in the summer (well I hope they do). Also don't forget all our top games are out of the way (all top 10 away games, all our bogey away teams, etc). Still need to show some consistency but I can't see oppo fans laughing too loud with our hat in the top 4/3/2 ring now. :cool:

You might catch or overtake us, but you'll still not get anywhere near top 4.

So I wouldn't celebrate much just yet!

Reading your main forum before today if we overtake you we win the league! ;)

Only from the deluded idiots.

Who are all now trying to claim it was "Only" if we won today. As if that 3 points was the critical 3 to winning it!

Yes, you must be proud. Big old Liverpool 3 points off 6th :lol:

Considering we were 10th when Klopp took over, a top 5 finish (well, 5th place finish) alongside a cup final (albeit a lost one) and hopefully a good Europa campaign... Proud? Well, sure, why not! That'd be a decent turnaround for us considering the guy had no preseason, no signings of note, and a handful of unfortunate injuries.

Considering we were 10th when Klopp took over, a top 5 finish (well, 5th place finish) alongside a cup final (albeit a lost one) and hopefully a good Europa campaign... Proud? Well, sure, why not! That'd be a decent turnaround for us considering the guy had no preseason, no signings of note, and a handful of unfortunate injuries.

Next season mate, next season :wenger:

Next season mate, next season :wenger:

:D I'm not daft. A strong summer, a stab at the top 3/4 depending on how well we spend, and a couple of good cup runs. That'll do me for now.

I still don't see it personally. I think our best possible finish is 6th and worst case 8th, so probably 7th. The home games against Spurs and Chelsea will be difficult as will the trip to Southampton. We've also got to go to Bournemouth and West Brom, and have a derby with Everton to play. There's a lot of opportunities to drop points. I'm not really looking beyond United on Thursday though to be honest.

Today felt good though. I'm delighted that I was wrong about that game.

Have to hold my hands up, watched the Liverpool pen again and yes I can see the contact. Well spotted by the ref.
That contact doesn't make his leading foot collapse. Benteke does that all by himself. Stupid challenge to make and give the ref the chance to give a penalty, but not enough in that to warrant a penalty IMO.

I still don't see it personally. I think our best possible finish is 6th and worst case 8th, so probably 7th. The home games against Spurs and Chelsea will be difficult as will the trip to Southampton. We've also got to go to Bournemouth and West Brom, and have a derby with Everton to play. There's a lot of opportunities to drop points. I'm not really looking beyond United on Thursday though to be honest.

Today felt good though. I'm delighted that I was wrong about that game.

Fair enough, our inconsistencies have been mindnumbingly annoying. However, those teams you mention above are reaching the arse end of a season where they're pretty much exhausted with nothing left to play for (relegation or Europe). Minds will be focusing on a sunny beach with family somewhere. Happens every season. Chelsea and Spurs will be bricking it coming to Anfield, our players are rejunvenated / playing for their contracts (I've mentioned this before right ;) ).

John Hartson is as big a prick as the fecking linesman.

And now sodding Lawrenson is at as well. :wenger: