Premier League Not So Festive Season

Since when can you legally kick a player in the box without getting the ball?

Liverpool haven't actually played that well.

Imagine thinking that wasn't a penalty. Not once but twice he hacked away at him. I would have been fuming if Salah hadn't went down. That cheating simply can't go unpunished.
Nonsense. He got touched. "Hacked away at him" :lol:

They have been better, the points tally and the number of goals they've scored speak for itself. Liverpool are just superior, best team in the league by a mile
Eh hardly. They're 5th/6th place at best. They're ahead of us simply because of how shite we were under Mourinho.

People wanted him in the summer of 2016. In the summer of 2015 most wanted Pedro over him.
Yep. That first time when it was breaking news or whatever that we were going to get him people on here were at best "ok here is a quote from john terry that he found mane to be the most difficult opponent to mark this season, here have a youtube comp of the chelsea vs soton match". Buzzing.

Liverpool are 9 points top of the league and 10 points ahead of Man City :eek:

It's all kicking off in the tunnel...wonder if anyone's gonna get suspended.

If City win the next 2 games, only 4. If City dont win tomorrow and/or Liverpool win against them, then it is over

I’d sub Shaqiri for Henderson after 60 minutes. Fabinho’s struggling to manage things a bit.

Liverpool are 9 points top of the league and 10 points ahead of Man City :eek:

It's all kicking off in the tunnel...wonder if anyone's gonna get suspended.

Not really. Just Sokratis moaning about the pen. He was pretty stupid to foul him there. Clear pen obviously. Arsenal have been absolutely woeful in defense.

Would love to see a host of red cards and a mass brawl, but that's as likely as Arsenal getting a result here.

What you talking if it's a foul it's a pen. Take your rose tinted glasses off, why should Salah stay on his feet if a defender is kicking him on the back of the leg making it more difficult to shoot?

Did you read the post you quoted first, I said its a clear pen. That doesn't mean Salah didn't dive. I never even said he was wrong to do it, just said he did it.

Wow this place has become very bitter. Reminds me when we used to laugh at the scousers' bitter comments when we were top dogs.

Pretty insane amount of soft penalties Liverpool get
I used to think the same about City (Sterling for example)but it's not a coincidence. Commit loads of players forward and you'll more likely get the benefit of doubt from refs.

It doesn’t seem to matter this year if you (Liverpool) play well or not.

I’ve watched you more than a handful of times this year and thought you haven’t played well at all. Yet you won everyone of those games. You’re winning today as well and that’s all that matters in the end.

If City don’t slip up again they have a chance to win. If they drop any more points soon then it’s yours.

A dive is when there is no contact. He certain could have stayed up but he was kicked. He owes it to his team to go down.

No its not a dive is throwing yourself on the ground. "Diving" on the ground. Like I said it a clear pen and I have no issue with Salah doing it other than its not very sporting. It can be both a penalty and a dive, which it was.

That was professional gamesmanship by Salah to get that pen. But, when you try that every game unpunished you're bound to get a few. Give him a yellow for his countless dives and he'll think twice about it. If only he got targeted by the media like Sterling and Young. Salah swung a punch last season and you didn't hear a word after the game.

I really don't how that penalty could be any clearer. In real time as well as from the replays.
Few days ago Mata was in the same situation. But he stayed on his feet. Point is that contact is there but it is soft contact. And Salah is becoming new Pippo Inzaghi. Touch me and i go down.
So again; he is not cheater or diver but he is going for penalty every time when he is in the box. Now imagine if all players go down like him? This is contact sport, ffs.

That's the thing.

For all of Arsenal's ineptitude at the back, they haven't been terrible going forward. Liverpool are managing the game well, Arsenal aren't.

If you decide to go down, it's a dive.

99% go down when they get a kick, no matter how soft, if they're not in a great position to score. If it was a United player I would have been happy with him going down. The penalty Salah got in the last match was much more of a pussy move.

If you decide to go down, it's a dive.

You don't get a pen unless you go down unfortunately. He can't shoot with any real power with someone hitting the back of his legs entitled to go down.

Few days ago Mata was in the same situation. But he stayed on his feet. Point is that contact is there but it is soft contact. And Salah is becoming new Pippo Inzaghi. Touch me and i go down.
So again; he is not cheater or diver but he is going for penalty every time when he is in the box. Now imagine if all players go down like him? This is contact sport, ffs.

Give him a few yellows for the dives he does every game and he'll be singing a different tune.

Another Salah special is to grab the arm and lean on a player then go down like a sack of bricks. He is a massive diver.

That was professional gamesmanship by Salah to get that pen. But, when you try that every game unpunished you're bound to get a few. Give him a yellow for his countless dives and he'll think twice about it. If only he got targeted by the media like Sterling and Young. Salah swung a punch last season and you didn't hear a word after the game.

He's a brilliant player who is also a nasty, cheating little scrote who consistently gets away with it because he has a 'nice guy Salah' reputation. Same as Klopp gets away with a slap on the wrist fine because he's a lovable passionate dude, right?

I'm glad Salah's started going down recently. He was far too honest in the past. See against Bournemouth recently where his achilles was nearly scraped off and he continued running onto goal.