Premier League Not So Festive Season

Liverpool will surely have a wobble some point this season.

They already had a wobble, and got bailed out by refs and howlers from opposing players. Micheal Oliver missing 2 clear penalties against City, A clear penalty missed against Spurs, Pickford gifting a goal with the last kick of the game.

It happened again in this game, Mane chokes out an Arsenal player and nothing happens. It's much easier to get a run going when you are gifted advantages over and over.

Arsenal and Liverpool tend to have quite a few 2-2 draws at Anfield. Or Arsenal get spanked... it's looking like the latter atm.

Dammit, fecking Klopp is going to be unbearable once they lift the damn trophy :mad:

Probably, but I meant if I was able to choose.

If Liverpool win the league we'll never hear the end of it. Their ex players and fans have been infiltrating the media for over 20 years for this exact reason.

Yeah it would be unbearable watching the likes of Souness et al. being smug about Liverpool with actual reason (since they already are smug without much reason).

Well I hope your points record doesn't get smashed after only one season.

A super computer predicting 106 points is exactly why I'm not afraid of Terminator/Skynet ever being reality. They would have to win 18 and draw 1 of their last 19 to get that amount. But 100+ is possible.

How is that not a booking for Fabinho? I dont care... but I dont understand how players get away with that.

Liverpool will surely have a wobble some point this season.

Currently on course for 100 + points so would need to go 3-4 games without a win for them to even finish on 95 points. Spurs can only get 99 points if they win every game left so that gives you a scale of their task. Man. City can come properly back into things if they win their next two.

Said before this feels a little bit like 06/07 when Man. United were seen as underdogs against the power of Mourinho's Chelsea but they played the better football throughout and deservedly won the league.

Klopp's been in this situation before. 10/11 when Bayern were dominanting Bundesliga but Dortmund got in front early and held out when people though they might bottle it.

No team has a divine right to win the PL. City were champions by a mile last year but it was never going to be a walk in the park two years running.

There's a clear issue in their club. They have never retained the league title despite spending an absolute fortune. Sorry, but it looks as though Pep is going to have won 1 league title in 3 years and possibly no CL which is hardly a ringing endorsement of his credentials. They've completely fecked this up to be 10 points behind given where they were a month ago.

I really wish Ole gets it right, makes the top four and even wins a title while playing good football. If that happens, he will be my undisputed first choice. United is a unique club and I feel we need someone who really gets it. But frankly, I doubt that will happen. I will take Zidane if the Ole dream doesn't happen.

So if say Ole has us playing good football but fails to win a title you'd still take him over the more experienced Pochettino because he 'gets' United? Who's to say Pochettino doesn't get United? Mark Hughes and Steve Bruce 'get' United too. Im playing devil's advocate but fair enough. I'd take Zidane as well (Pochettino too) but I hope Solskjaer does an amazing job and gets to keep it

Currently on course for 100 + points so would need to go 3-4 games without a win for them to even finish on 95 points. Spurs can only get 99 points if they win every game left so that gives you a scale of their task. Man. City can come properly back into things if they win their next two.

Said before this feels a little bit like 06/07 when Man. United were seen as underdogs against the power of Mourinho's Chelsea but they played the better football throughout and deservedly won the league.

Klopp's been in this situation before. 10/11 when Bayern were dominanting Bundesliga but Dortmund got in front early and held out when people though they might bottle it.

Yeah it does feel that way. Doesn't mean people on here want it to happen.

They already had a wobble, and got bailed out by refs and howlers from opposing players. Micheal Oliver missing 2 clear penalties against City, A clear penalty missed against Spurs, Pickford gifting a goal with the last kick of the game.

It happened again in this game, Mane chokes out an Arsenal player and nothing happens. It's much easier to get a run going when you are gifted advantages over and over.
It’s just football. Their luck will run out as usual, let’s stop worrying about those things. Right now, Arsenal needs to score one.

Mustafi & Sokratis

giphy.gif

Given the referee completely missed the Mane thing, the FA can review that surely?

Then again, it's Liverpool so I won't hold my breath.

Out of curiosity, do you know what the points projection was for City at this point of last season?

Think it was higher at this stage last season we had 18 wins and 1 draw if I'm not mistaken. What I think might drive Liverpool to finish with more points us is they won't wrap the title up as early as we did.

Tell you what, that Liverpool ship is creaking a bit. Nevermind the result today because Arsenal's squad is mediocre despite the progress.

There are signs of fatigue already creeping in. They're one game away from getting torn apart by a big team followed by injuries.

So if say Ole has us playing good football but fails to win a title you'd still take him over the more experienced Pochettino because he 'gets' United? Who's to say Pochettino doesn't get United? Mark Hughes and Steve Bruce 'get' United too.

Read my post again. I included winning a title for Ole.

Leno is worse than Cech at actually saving shots.

Liverpool is just too strong this season.