Premier League Matchweek 34 April 16 - 21

United feck up, out of top 4 race. Arsenal/City feck up, right back in it.

Rinse, repeat. The fact that you're still in it is a testimony for how bad everyone else in the league has been. Even Liverpool still have a shot at the top four mathemathically speaking, which is quite astonishing.
No no no, it shows how strong the league is, remember!

United feck up, out of top 4 race. Arsenal/City feck up, right back in it.

Rinse, repeat. The fact that you're still in it is a testimony for how bad everyone else in the league has been. Even Liverpool still have a shot at the top four mathemathically speaking, which is quite astonishing.
Why? Is the projected points total for 4th much lower than any other year?
Id say its harder to get 4th this year. Every other year Arsenal withstand a weak and spineless Spurs attempt and they're there. This year its a mix with City and us.

From Reddit:

"Football is a weird sport. One week you beat the star studded Paris bilionaire team and the next you're held to a draw by the northern gravy and chips team battling for relegation."

:lol:

No no no, it shows how strong the league is, remember!
:lol:

I'm actually surprised by the points total needed to get fourth place over the last ten years or so. It's always between 68-72 points with notable exceptions Liverpool 07/08 with 76 points and Arsenal 13/14 with 79 points (you could win the league this year with that, mind you). City only needs a 7/12 to get to 68 points, Arsenal needs a 8/15 which is both very realistic (don't know their remaining fixtures by heart though).

However, United needs a 12/15 and Liverpool needs a 18/18 to get to 68 points this year, which is impossible for both if you ask me.

We won't sneak in. There's just no way this team can win all the remaining games, unfortunately. I just don't see it happening, barring a miracle of circumstance.

I don't see why you can't sneak in.

De bruyne coming back is a big thing for them but they also have two very draining champions league ties coming up.

You win your game in hand (at home) and you're one point behind.

De bruyne coming back is a big thing for them but they also have two very draining champions league ties coming up.

We're absolute shite.

Going into more detail it's our away form, which is disgraceful, that will cost us. We might be able to win our remaining home games 1-0 but we'll feck up away from home.

If we win tonight we're 2 behind City.

We'd then be relying on Arsenal to beat them and us to win all our remaining games. Neither of which will happen.

If we win tonight we're 2 behind City.

We'd then be relying on Arsenal to beat them and us to win all our remaining games. Neither of which will happen.

It might as well be 3, because of the goal difference. I doubt we'll be seeing an 18 goal swing between now and the end of the season.

Sunderland might help as well at the weekend, they'll fight for survival, and that's always dangerous. And then we might actually depend on City to help us. Even a draw then would be big.

Of course, that's with unlikely scenario where we get 15 out of 15.

It's got to be the most meaningless Merseyside Derby in years being played tonight.

Considering we have Newcastle at home on Saturday I'm expecting a full strength side tonight. I wonder if Martinez might rest a few with the FA Cup on Saturday.

It's got to be the most meaningless Merseyside Derby in years being played tonight.

Considering we have Newcastle at home on Saturday I'm expecting a full strength side tonight. I wonder if Martinez might rest a few with the FA Cup on Saturday.
Don't think it's that meaningless - I still very much want to finish above United this season and we'll only be two points behind them if we get six points against Everton and Newcastle this week.

I think Martinez will rest some players, yes. Only the FA Cup trophy could rescue his disastrous season.

Newcastle will be a tougher test.

The Newcastle game is probably fixed because Rafa have to survive, so he gets the win at Anfield and everybody is happy.

Don't think it's that meaningless - I still very much want to finish above United this season and we'll only be two points behind them if we get six points against Everton and Newcastle this week.

I think Martinez will rest some players, yes. Only the FA Cup trophy could rescue his disastrous season.
There's usually a bit more focus on it than there is for this one. I think both sides have their priorities elsewhere.

I'd still like us to beat them though. We're doing well at the minute and they're struggling so anything other than 3 points will be disappointing.

Confirmed #LFC team to face @Everton: Mignolet, Clyne, Lovren, Sakho, Moreno, Lucas, Milner, Lallana, Coutinho, Firmino, Origi.

Confirmed #LFC substitutes: Ward, Toure, Smith, Stewart, Allen, Ibe, Sturridge.

CggQkC-W8AE3Oei.jpg

I wasn't really listening but did Moyes just compare Dortmund under Klopp to Moyes' Everton?

Not going to lie, I don't feel like we're having a good night so far. Everton look like they can have us on the break.

Hearing rumours that a very small minority of Everton fans were singing "always the victims" etc.
Can't believe that tbh until I see it for myself.

Hearing rumours that a very small minority of Everton fans were singing "always the victims" etc.
Can't believe that tbh until I see it for myself.
Happened very early on in the game then didn't happen again. Might have been a minority.

1-0 Pool, Origi header. Shit defending/goalkeeping.

Origi 1-0. Great header but worryingly from an England point of view, out jumped Stones easily. I think it was Stones anyway.