Premier League Gameweek 9

Can’t decide whether City or Arsenal are the more boring team to watch as a neutral.

7 yellow cards already in the Villa game.

Seems totally at odds with the way the game has been played.

Should never have been sold...

I’d argue the bigger problem has been the poor recruitement than letting Welbeck go. Because realistically he isn’t the level United should be targeting.

I’d argue the bigger problem has been the poor recruitement than letting Welbeck go. Because realistically he isn’t the level United should be targeting.
On paper, letting Welbeck go and bringing Falcao in was a good move. But that sums up the Woodward era, as the game isn’t played on paper.

My comment were just a joke about Welbeck.

It makes no sense to sell players who aren't good enough and replace them with players who are even worse.

It been the selling, recruitment, player retention, basically anything to do with the building and maintenance of the squad been a huge problem

On paper, letting Welbeck go and bringing Falcao in was a good move. But that sums up the Woodward era, as the game isn’t played on paper.
Falcao was a massive risk as he was coming off a lengthy injury and welbeck was not injury prone when we sold him and was the only striker we had that had pace compared to rvp, rooney and falcao.

The reality is we became a toxic club once we started moving on all the players that were around when fergie was in charge and the standards, values and professionalism went out the window for big shiny overrated signings

I disagree. While Welbeck may not be a 20-25 goals-a-season striker, he excels in nearly every other aspect of forward play. His skill set allows him to elevate his teammates' performance, much like Firmino or Havertz. There's no doubt in my mind that if Sir Alex were still at the club, we’d be winning titles—and Welbeck would be a key part of that success.

City have really really deteriorated even by their first half of season standards.

Pretty drab and sad that this City team will probably still win the league.
Really cannot see them finish above Liverpool or Arsenal. They're just truly poor this season and I don't see a second half of season revival either.

Really cannot see them finish above Liverpool or Arsenal. They're just truly poor this season and I don't see a second half of season revival either.

It'll be a different story once Rodri is back and they typically pick up after Christmas anyway so I wouldn't be so sure of that.

I expect Liverpool to drop off to be honest. They're getting results but haven't been impressive any time I've watched them.

EDIT: I forgot Rodri was out for the season.

Last edited:
This is one of the worst refs I’ve seen this year at the City game. Terrible.

One of the worst PL games for a single player ever for Clarke (Ipswich)?

Own goal, gave away a pen, and now sent off.

It'll be a different story once Rodri is back and they typically pick up after Christmas anyway so I wouldn't be so sure of that.

I expect Liverpool to drop off to be honest. They're getting results but haven't been impressive any time I've watched them.
Rodri is out for the season isn’t he?

My wife just asked me "why are the City fans so weird? They're all just sitting there quiet, like they're in a movie theatre" had to laugh little at that comment :lol: