Premier League Gameweek 9

Can’t for the life of me understand why we’ve constantly conceded those free kicks.

Surprised they didn't try to go one frame before or one frame after to try and find a way to disallow it.

So true. Throw in Jota and his regular Starfish Ste tribute.
Oddly it's more difficult to name many for Arsenal.

Ben White is embarrassing with a lot of his cheating, and general look but nothing like a Keown, Vieira etc.
It's more their manager with them.

Surprised they didn't try to go one frame before or one frame after to try and find a way to disallow it.
They did their best to disallow that, boy did they do their best.

Even GNev called it onside within seconds.

It certainly isn't that solid in the middle of our defense. Free header.

Good first half overall and a good reaction.

Need to change this. Been second best so far. Arsenal all over us for long periods.

I think I’m honestly starting to dislike football.

I can just about stand Utd games…but gone are the days I could watch game after game.

VAR has put the nail in the coffin.

Only just seen that. How is that not a red? Not just one kick but two. Did he get a yellow?
No yellow or red for Liverpool & City jerseys. If it was United or Arsenal then would have been red card plus 3 game ban for violent conduct.

That freekick Gabriel won right at the end annoys me so much. How can highly paid referees not see that defenders are blatantly trying to fool them in those scenarios?!?
I actually agree. I hate it when defenders do this, anywhere else on the pitch its probably a foul.

Oddly it's more difficult to name many for Arsenal.

Ben White is embarrassing with a lot of his cheating, and general look but nothing like a Keown, Vieira etc.
It's more their manager with them.
Gabriel a clear standout in the twat department.

Arsenal have been good. Hope they continue playing and don't sit on the lead and start time-wasting right from the restart.

I actually agree. I hate it when defenders do this, anywhere else on the pitch its probably a foul.

I just hate how obvious it is. You can clearly see he has an arm wrapped round the attacker. Then he just chucks himself on the ground. They’re all at it. And it’s so incredibly clear what’s happening. Why are the officials so blind to it?!?

Gabriel a clear standout in the twat department.

Arsenal have been good. Hope they continue playing and don't sit on the lead and start time-wasting right from the restart.
It's funny, he was doing twattish things with Nunes and the crowd just after i'd posted :lol:
They certainly need a 3rd goal here.

That freekick Gabriel won right at the end annoys me so much. How can highly paid referees not see that defenders are blatantly trying to fool them in those scenarios?!?
I have no idea why that scenario is so slanted towards the defender. I find it ridiculous too.

Be interesting to see what Slot does. Arsenal have a deserved lead and their tails up. A top manager makes a change and reverses that momentum. Let’s see what happens

I think I’m honestly starting to dislike football.

I can just about stand Utd games…but gone are the days I could watch game after game.

VAR has put the nail in the coffin.
What really is starting to get to me is how subjective VAR seems to be. Today VAR seemed desperate to disallow a goal that was clearly onside from the very first replay. It took them a couple minutes to even work out that VVD was the furthest defender back.

But in our last game VAR intervenes to overturn the referees decision to give Saliba a caution.

Football seems unique amongst sport in that it seems hell bent on removing the people fans came to see (the players) doing the thing fans came to see (score goals) at every opportunity.